Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Are you considered an anti vaxxer if you're double jabbed and refuse to get boosters?

It’s a yes for me. why would you not get a booster after all of the good work we have done? The evidence that vaccines work is all around us. unless you’re one of those nuffs claiming coercion?

The coming booster shot debate has potential negative consequences for NSW. They are opening up to the unvaxxed on December 1. How will that affect them when it comes to boosters? I fear things could get bad for them in the lead up to next winter if boosters aren’t ramped up. although the saving grace could be the 5-11 years olds getting vaccinated.

It’s a yes for me. why would you not get a booster after all of the good work we have done? The evidence that vaccines work is all around us. unless you’re one of those nuffs claiming coercion?

The coming booster shot debate has potential negative consequences for NSW. They are opening up to the unvaxxed on December 1. How will that affect them when it comes to boosters? I fear things could get bad for them in the lead up to next winter if boosters aren’t ramped up. although the saving grace could be the 5-11 years olds getting vaccinated.
they have pushed back "opening up to the unvaxxed" to Dec 15.

Lookout for a similar announcement from Dan. Reckon he will start to follow the NSW lead on covid.
As much as he said he doesn't take advice from north of the border, now that he isn't getting advice (the new Premier there doesn't seem to be in that business) I am pretty certain they are monitoring every step nsw takes .

An entire day without any comments on the virus. Significant milestone or lull in the storm?
That's what a sunncybCup Day does. Had my first tap beer in 3 months at 11 yesterday. Even the doomsayers have stopped predicting every mass gathering will be a super spreader event. Hope they turned their foresight to finding a winner.

Reactions: 2 users
Well the horse race did distract the population from this little chestnut. Can't imagine ever shunting loved ones off into such a miserable and callous system.

Those still asking who hired the security guards really should be asking who failed to prepare the most vulnerable in society? No prizes for guessing the answer.

Reactions: 1 user
Care homes are residences. Not hospitals, not casualty clearing stations, not quarantine centres. Doctors are on call, just like you do not have a GP in your garage just in case.
There is no reserve work force sitting at home waiting to be called up. Strange how hospitals were said to be not ready for a massive surge in cases 20 months into the pandemic but somehow on day 1 of COVId aged care was meant to stop the virus at their gates.
If a Vicorian in aged care Gets pneoumia , the state hospitals treat them. If a Victorian in aged care contracts COVId it's up to the federal government?
I saw everyone was uncritical of the state govt spending millions on useles PPE yet aged care was meant to have fit for purpose gear in the cupboard?

Plenty to be learnt from the aged care tragedy but not by applying a different standard particularly one motivated by politics.

Reactions: 1 users
That's what a sunncybCup Day does. Had my first tap beer in 3 months at 11 yesterday. Even the doomsayers have stopped predicting every mass gathering will be a super spreader event. Hope they turned their foresight to finding a winner.
Trends in other countries suggest we'll get 2-3 months' grace before the next wave.

• Sad
Care homes are residences. Not hospitals, not casualty clearing stations, not quarantine centres. Doctors are on call, just like you do not have a GP in your garage just in case.
There is no reserve work force sitting at home waiting to be called up. Strange how hospitals were said to be not ready for a massive surge in cases 20 months into the pandemic but somehow on day 1 of COVId aged care was meant to stop the virus at their gates.
If a Vicorian in aged care Gets pneoumia , the state hospitals treat them. If a Victorian in aged care contracts COVId it's up to the federal government?
I saw everyone was uncritical of the state govt spending millions on useles PPE yet aged care was meant to have fit for purpose gear in the cupboard?

Plenty to be learnt from the aged care tragedy but not by applying a different standard particularly one motivated by politics.

You're right that aged-care can't be expected to have a reserve workforce it can suddenly whip out in a pandemic, but the main problem in Victoria wasn't lack of PPE or access to doctors, it was staff working across multiple sites spreading the virus. Pretty sure private aged care was identified as a weak point for this very reason during NSW's royal commission after the Ruby Princess outbreak. The Vic-gov-managed facilities had very few deaths (zero I believe) which has been attributed to their full-time workforce, minimising the need for staff to take casual shifts at other facilities. The feds eventually acknowledged this problem by bringing in temporary rules banning cross-venue employment, but only after it was too late. Brushing off the federal governments culpability in Victoria's 800+deaths last year strikes me as applying different sets of standards considering the pile-on the Andrew's government received.

Its also ironic that the report tries to blame "bad luck" for the outbreaks in aged care, considering how scathing some posters were of this being suggested as a reason for Victorians' hotel quarantine failings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Will be interesting to see how schools fare for outbreaks. Doesn't appear to have been large outbreaks in NSW schools as yet?

From the below, appears they are taking a common sense approach to the isolation rules around primary close contacts in school outbreaks

Hopefully VIC follow suit on this.

Reactions: 1 users
Will be interesting to see how schools fare for outbreaks. Doesn't appear to have been large outbreaks in NSW schools as yet?

From the below, appears they are taking a common sense approach to the isolation rules around primary close contacts in school outbreaks

Hopefully VIC follow suit on this.
I reckon that's already happening Jazz. I was talking to a woman last week who told me her 6 year old daughter was a close contact of a school mate who tested positive. She told me her daughter had to isolate for 14 days but had tested negative. Both parents had to be tested and isolate awaiting the result but once they got a negative result they didn't have to isolate.

I reckon that's already happening Jazz. I was talking to a woman last week who told me her 6 year old daughter was a close contact of a school mate who tested positive. She told me her daughter had to isolate for 14 days but had tested negative. Both parents had to be tested and isolate awaiting the result but once they got a negative result they didn't have to isolate.
yep, rules have already changed. vaxed teachers only have to isolate until they get test results, unvaxed classmates 14 days (might be 7 now), and families of those classmates dont have to isolate, or get tested.