Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

One thing not generally known about ivermectin is that there have been quite a few people overdose on it and end up in hospital in Australia. Thankfully no deaths that I am aware of

Reactions: 1 user
Both.

The shitty prop nooses were a classy touch

the whole noose thing on Saturday, the "unvaxxed sperm" sign and hanging of the Andrews effigy last night… I’m actually glad the media show all of this because it makes them look like the real unhinged nutcases that they are.

But on a more serious note, these flogs claim the bill is anti-democracy. But isn’t making death threats to politicians in an attempt to stop the bill from passing anti-democratic?

Then some of these knobs have made the ridiculous claim that the bill is reminiscent of Nazi Germany... while at the same time, they are literally marching with Neo Nazi’s.

Finally, I am absolutely disgusted politicians such as Bernie Finn and Craig Kelly are supporting these dogs. And literally no conservative politician in Australia (that I know of) has come out publicly and condemned them.

So Liam Jones retired. Fair enough.

I don’t think its fair enough. The idiot has given away a million dollars because he believes in *smile* conspiracies. On top of that, he’ll never be able to get a job to substitute any of this lost salary. And he’s putting his loved ones at risk by not getting vaccinated. Liam Jones deserves to be ridiculed.

Reactions: 2 users
Finally, I am absolutely disgusted politicians such as Bernie Finn and Craig Kelly are supporting these dogs

These politicians are dogs or at least unhinged and radical in their views.

These politicians are dogs or at least unhinged and radical in their views.

Bernie Finn is a mad Richmond supporter as we know. If he's gonna continue to support these f-wits, shouldn’t the club consider reviewing his membership when you factor in his profile?

Te Pandemic Bill was rushed through the Lower House without enough debate and clearly the Andrews Government has a problem with thinking it can do what it wants at times. Luckily the Bracks government made the most significant change to Victorian politics some years ago - they changed the Upper House such that it is close to impossible for any government, no matter how big their majority in the Lower House, to have total control of both houses. Proportional Representation in the Upper House is something we should all be thankful for and this is precisely the situation where it comes into play - a government with a thumping majority still faces real scrutiny because it must deal with the cross-benchers in the Upper House.

But, to the actual bill. While Jon Faine wrote a very good article on the weekend which detailed the politics around the way the bill was introduced, today there is a very good article by Green Parliamentarian and Medical Doctor Tim Read going through the good and bad things contained in the bill:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...ll-is-needed-in-victoria-20211115-p59918.html

Well worth a read.

One more thing I will add. Many have criticised various state governments for giving unelected health bureaucrats, such as the Chief Health Officer (CHO), the ability to make rules for us while the pandemic rages. With this bill the State Government is shifting the decision making to politicians who must make the final decisions on the basis of medical advice. Now, the same people are criticising the government for taking the power to make decisions away from the CHO who has the medical expertise. What a contradiction. Which is it - do you want the power to be with the CHO who has expertise but is not elected, or do you want the power to be with the elected government on advice from the CHO (advice which will now have to be tabled in parliament within 2 weeks under this bill)? It seems those who just want to score points want to have it both ways, why am I not surprised?

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Te Pandemic Bill was rushed through the Lower House without enough debate and clearly the Andrews Government has a problem with thinking it can do what it wants at times.

I think there is some element of rushing. But that comes down to the protesters getting more dangerous by the day. The longer it gets delayed, the more they will protest and has the potential to radicalise some of these people into being domestic terrorists (like what we see commonly in the USA).

As you said, this will be debated more in the upper house and some amendments have already been agreed to.

These numbers below are frustrating stubborn. I know some of the population isn’t there like overseas students. But there is an issue in some areas in Melbourne. NSW has more people vaccinated 1st dose without mandates from the 1st December.

These numbers below are frustrating stubborn. I know some of the population isn’t there like overseas students. But there is an issue in some areas in Melbourne. NSW has more people vaccinated 1st dose without mandates from the 1st December.

people have become too fixated on case numbers. We went into a new phase once we hit 70% where hospital numbers become more important than case numbers. Our hospital numbers peaked at 851 4 weeks ago, but we are now down to 394. If people want conclusive evidence that vaccines work, you only need to look at VIC and NSW right now. Both have been open for weeks and all the KPI’s continue to drop.

Reactions: 5 users
When will we hit 90% fully vaxxed (12 plus) and trigger the next easing of restrictions? I read a while ago that it would be around November 24 which is next Wednesday; but it seems the vaccination rate is slowing. Not sure if that's right but that's how it seems.

When will we hit 90% fully vaxxed (12 plus) and trigger the next easing of restrictions? I read a while ago that it would be around November 24 which is next Wednesday; but it seems the vaccination rate is slowing. Not sure if that's right but that's how it seems.
It's definitely slowing up. (currently 86.6% 2nd dose). 92.2% (first dose). Hope we get to 90% fully vaxed ASAP.

It's definitely slowing up. (currently 86.6% 2nd dose). 92.2% (first dose). Hope we get to 90% fully vaxed ASAP.

Need about 195k 2nd doses to hit 90%. We were averaging about 30k last week, the week before we averaged close to 40k (I've ignored weekends here as they fall through the floor). Its probably still likely to be a week and a half to 2 weeks to hit 90% double dosed. I'd hazard a guess that the end of the month is looking likely to hit 90%.

people have become too fixated on case numbers. We went into a new phase once we hit 70% where hospital numbers become more important than case numbers. Our hospital numbers peaked at 851 4 weeks ago, but we are now down to 394. If people want conclusive evidence that vaccines work, you only need to look at VIC and NSW right now. Both have been open for weeks and all the KPI’s continue to drop.
There is a system running in Victoria called the COVID pathway run by public hospitals which is for care through the hospital system for COVID patients but not as an admitted patient. As the hospitalisation numbers decrease this number has been increasing a bit so what we are seeing is people being hospitalised but for very short periods of time and then released for in-home care.

It has been a very successful way of reducing demands on hospital beds but obviously it still needs staffing.

A higher proportion of vaccinated people go through this pathway than the percentage of vaccinated people that spend considerable time in hospital so it reinforces the view that generally vaccinated people when they do get COVID don't get as sick

Reactions: 3 users

CH7 is reporting Andrews will be making an announcement this week. At a guess, I would suggest the next stage of eased restrictions will kick in on Monday. FWIW, COVID Base are preding we hit 90% 12+ on November 23.

One thing not generally known about ivermectin is that there have been quite a few people overdose on it and end up in hospital in Australia. Thankfully no deaths that I am aware of

Yes, there is that, although absolute numbers are still low.

The real damage of the Ivermectin shills message is that it feeds into the whole "plandemic - China - social control - Big Pharma - sheeple" tropes which make people vaccine hesitant and mistrustful of science. This is then wound into the whole politics of Trumpism/wellness/ZeroHedge conspiracies.

This is why knowlegable, intelligent people like John Campbell disgust me. His self-promotion is costing lives just to build a YouTube viewership.

Yes, there is that, although absolute numbers are still low.

The real damage of the Ivermectin shills message is that it feeds into the whole "plandemic - China - social control - Big Pharma - sheeple" tropes which make people vaccine hesitant and mistrustful of science. This is then wound into the whole politics of Trumpism/wellness/ZeroHedge conspiracies.

This is why knowlegable, intelligent people like John Campbell disgust me. His self-promotion is costing lives just to build a YouTube viewership.
Yet ivermectin is a drug developed by big pharma, originally by Merck one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world

Yet ivermectin is a drug developed by big pharma, originally by Merck one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world
Right. And they say "vaccines are big Pharma profiting" yet they are happy to commit to ivermectin, monoclonal antibodies, remdesivir, baricitinib, favipiravir, convalescent plasma, etc etc plus a potential long stay in ICU on a ventilator.

As if Big Pharma doesn't make any money out of these.

All to avoid taking a $20 vaccine that the government paid for anyway.

Reactions: 4 users
Bernie Finn is a mad Richmond supporter as we know. If he's gonna continue to support these f-wits, shouldn’t the club consider reviewing his membership when you factor in his profile?
Bit of a slippery slope going down that path. If the club banned every farkwit we wouldn't have many members.

• Love
  • Haha
Bit of a slippery slope going down that path. If the club banned every farkwit we wouldn't have many members.
I’d prefer to say we would have less members than not having many ….

I would assume our f’wit percentage would be no higher than average