Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Wife books booster online..
Drives half an hour to Sandown Racecourse for her appointment..
Told at the desk that she’s 1 day too early & gets turned away..
She asks how does the system allow you to book a date before you’re due?..especially 1 day!?
Desk admin says sorry we’ve been turning heaps of people away today due to an IT problem..
What a *smile* up. Seriously get that sorted ASAP public service.
Don’t like the sound of that ToO. I’m booked for Pfizer booster next Wednesday at Heidelberg Repat 1 day before the 5 months.......the “system” let me in too, maybe because I’m older?

Reactions: 1 user
Just tried to book a booster online, all sites near me say no appointments available between now and Jan 14th. But you have to select sites one by one on the site.

Stuff that, will try to do a walk in Carlton.
How did you go AA? I heard the Exhibition Building vaccination centre was closing today? Great timing with the arrival of Omicron

How did you go AA? I heard the Exhibition Building vaccination centre was closing today? Great timing with the arrival of Omicron

Gave up on the state government and followed @RoarEmotion's suggestion to go pharmacy. Booked in for next Wednesday at a chemist on Swan St.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we need to change TigerFlag's handle to Marcus Brutus?
Dunno. But he’s the new breed of training sleuths. Seems young, energetic, informative. Just has something about him that we haven’t seen before. Bright future.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Is Christmas really open or are we just open to Covid?
Thousands of people having their Christmas' ruined due to being forced into quarantine.
People cancelling bookings due to uncertainty over how bad the virus actually is, even when vaccinated against a new variant nobody really knows anything about.
Honestly feels like we're close to chaos.

It's time to forget about isolation, testing and covid restrictions in the most part..some exceptions needed.
We are near enough as fully vaccinated as possible. This is as good as it gets.
There will always be variants and the need for boosters like influenza.
There will always be cases, hospitalisation and deaths.
Otherwise from this time on we will be forever controlled by covid and life will remain a mess.
For NSW and Vic....this is as good as it gets!

For the other states they will have to continue with covid restrictions etc until they get to their best position.
Then they too need to live with covid.

Understandably there will be a strain on hospitals....but there will be anyway for years to come.
Invest in short term beds rather than testing and tracking. Spend money on purpose built covid facilities and redirect staff away from covid testing and vax centres.

Otherwise everything like sport and entertainment and travel will be a lottery indefinitely.

Reactions: 4 users
Has third shot yesterday. (Moderna after two Pfizer’s). Definitely feeling it last night and today. Mild fever / sore all over / little bit spaced out and dizzy etc. It beats dying of covid though and just mental confidence to participate in society.

Yet no mask mandate in NSW. Absolute *smile* madness.

A couple of quotes from below Age article : That's not to say Victoria haven't got their heads in the sand as well.

He said the NSW government was almost abandoning its population to COVID-19 by gambling Omicron would be mild, adding the state basically had no social distancing in place.

University of Sydney infectious diseases paediatrician Robert Booy, who has previously supported decisions made by the NSW government, said: “The restrictions in NSW are being unwound too quickly. We are now ideologically driven and the public health advice has become secondary.