Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
From the VIC Health website for yesterday

94.2 per cent of Victorians aged 12 and over have now had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 92.1 per cent have had two doses. This excludes the most recent Commonwealth data.

There are 364 COVID-19 cases in hospital in Victoria – 80 active cases in ICU, with 44 of those on a ventilator. There are an additional 39 cleared cases in ICU. Of those in hospital yesterday, 61 per cent were not fully vaccinated, while 94 per cent of those in ICU were not fully vaccinated. Of those admitted to ICU during December, 69 per cent were aged over 50. Of those, 74 per cent were not fully vaccinated.

So of the 364 people in hospital 222 not fully vaxed. Should be more like 8% or 29 if vaccines didn't work. And 75 of the 80 in ICU are not fully vaxed. Should be more like 6. Crazy increase in your risk of hospitalisation and ICU by not being vaccinated.

How does an anti-vaxxer argue against the overwhelming stats?
Easy-the government is lying.

It's actually one of their better arguements, but it also makes any kind of discussion futile.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

94.2 per cent of Victorians aged 12 and over have now had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 92.1 per cent have had two doses. This excludes the most recent Commonwealth data.

There are 364 COVID-19 cases in hospital in Victoria – 80 active cases in ICU, with 44 of those on a ventilator. There are an additional 39 cleared cases in ICU. Of those in hospital yesterday, 61 per cent were not fully vaccinated, while 94 per cent of those in ICU were not fully vaccinated. Of those admitted to ICU during December, 69 per cent were aged over 50. Of those, 74 per cent were not fully vaccinated.

So of the 364 people in hospital 222 not fully vaxed. Should be more like 8% or 29 if vaccines didn't work. And 75 of the 80 in ICU are not fully vaxed. Should be more like 6. Crazy increase in your risk of hospitalisation and ICU by not being vaccinated.

those numbers are pretty conclusive, but then add the fact that many who dont get vaccinated believe they are fit and healthy enough so dont need it, while most of the "vulnerable" in the community got vaccinated as quick as they could.

you would be pretty annoyed if you couldnt access some important surgery because the hospitals were full of people who chose not to get vaccinated.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Anti-vaxxers wouldn’t know a stat if it came up and bit them on the arse.

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

But, but . . . the 5G, the nanobots . . . the vibe . . . Bill Gates, whatever . . . Freedom, yeah, freedom without responsibility.

Let's face it, they have no argument and are just morons.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

It would be great if they gave the stats as no job, 1 jab, 2 jabs. The worrying part for the segment of population with pre-existing health conditions is that there could be fully vaxxed in ICU. Anti-vaxxers are a clear and present danger to innocent people.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
WOW! the Covid testing queue at Collingwood CoHealth where I got my booster today was HUGE!, a bit of a worry for sure.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
WOW! the Covid testing queue at Collingwood CoHealth where I got my booster today was HUGE!, a bit of a worry for sure.

a decent portion of them will be healthy but need a test to get into Queensland I reckon?

its a stampede to the Gold Coast apparently.

queues up here are long and the results slow.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
78,000 cases in the UK yesterday but hospitalisations manageable at the moment - no doubt due to vaccination. Again, key to why there’s a rush on boosters and not having a big gap of reduced protection.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Had my Moderna booster at a Ballina pharmacy yesterday. 10 minute wait while they filled scripts.

As with the first Pfizer, shoulder pretty tender and still is. As with second Pfizer, fluish symptoms came on 10-12 hours later. Aching, lethargy, that cold/hot feel where you have a temperature but you're also shivering and need a doona and three Panadol.

Woke at 7, felt *smile*, went back to sleep. Just woke again, feeling a little better but I won't be hitting the gym. I feel like I'm going to have a nap later, which is very rare.

If I'm better tomorrow it's pretty much the way I reacted to Pfizer 2, plus the sore shoulder from 1.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Had my Moderna booster at a Ballina pharmacy yesterday. 10 minute wait while they filled scripts.

As with the first Pfizer, shoulder pretty tender and still is. As with second Pfizer, fluish symptoms came on 10-12 hours later. Aching, lethargy, that cold/hot feel where you have a temperature but you're also shivering and need a doona and three Panadol.

Woke at 7, felt *smile*, went back to sleep. Just woke again, feeling a little better but I won't be hitting the gym. I feel like I'm going to have a nap later, which is very rare.

If I'm better tomorrow it's pretty much the way I reacted to Pfizer 2, plus the sore shoulder from 1.
Soft. Reported.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Similar, all 3 of mine were Moderna. Booster knocked me around the most and spent most of the weekend in bed.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Similar, all 3 of mine were Moderna. Booster knocked me around the most and spent most of the weekend in bed.
3 x Moderna ? Arent your supposed to get the “cocktail” MRNA booster ? Ie 2x Pfizer = Moderna booster and vice-versa ?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Had my booster yesterday, Pfizer, no side effects apart from a very very slight tenderness of arm at jab site.
1st 2 jabs were AZ, with it I had arm soreness, night sweats for 1 night & tiredness the next day.

Was expecting similar or worse from Pfizer, but I'm happy with result. :)

Reactions: 2 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Had my booster yesterday, Pfizer, no side effects apart from a very very slight tenderness of arm at jab site.
1st 2 jabs were AZ, with it I had arm soreness, night sweats for 1 night & tiredness the next day.

Was expecting similar or worse from Pfizer, but I'm happy with result. :)
I'll be in the same boat. 2 x AZ and just booked my Pfizer booster.
Had no side effects at all with first two...

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Wife books booster online..
Drives half an hour to Sandown Racecourse for her appointment..
Told at the desk that she’s 1 day too early & gets turned away..
She asks how does the system allow you to book a date before you’re due?..especially 1 day!?
Desk admin says sorry we’ve been turning heaps of people away today due to an IT problem..
What a *smile* up. Seriously get that sorted ASAP public service.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
She asks how does the system allow you to book a date before you’re due?..especially 1 day!?
Desk admin says sorry we’ve been turning heaps of people away today due to an IT problem..

Just tried to book a booster online, all sites near me say no appointments available between now and Jan 14th. But you have to select sites one by one on the site.

Stuff that, will try to do a walk in Carlton.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Maybe Ticketek are running it.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Just tried to book a booster online, all sites near me say no appointments available between now and Jan 14th. But you have to select sites one by one on the site.

Stuff that, will try to do a walk in Carlton.
Try pharmacy website. The government one doesn’t interact with the pharmacy one. I got appointment this morning (south road Bart chemist Moorabbin). Having spent some time reading Facebook memes I’m pretty surprised I haven’t spontaneously combusted whilst typing this out waiting my fifteen minutes.

I mean four immunisations inside a year. (Flu shot in April). Why am I still alive?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users