Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sorta like Ford or Holden ? Pepsi or Coke ? Cool. I’m a vaccine tart. AZ and Pfizer.

My reading is that there's nothing really solid and agreed out there that mixing is better if you're talking about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. If you're coming from AZ, then switching up to an mRNA seems to be beneficial.

Moderna seems to be marginally in front of the pack when it comes to jabs so I thought I'd go with 3 Aces, rather than a pair of Aces and a King

Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
And you won’t with the Pfizer booster either I’m betting Killerbee.
Hope so Robert, but I've heard Pfizer has knocked around some who had AZ previously. Oh well, at least my 5G will be up to date and I'm running low on nano-bots

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
My reading is that there's nothing really solid and agreed out there that mixing is better if you're talking about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. If you're coming from AZ, then switching up to an mRNA seems to be beneficial.

Moderna seems to be marginally in front of the pack when it comes to jabs so I thought I'd go with 3 Aces, rather than a pair of Aces and a King
Not so sure about that. Been reading that mixing MRNA’s produces slightly higher efficacy.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not so sure about that. Been reading that mixing MRNA’s produces slightly higher efficacy.
Nothing definitive that I could see and certainly nothing saying you shouldn't have the same vaccine for the boosters.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hope so Robert, but I've heard Pfizer has knocked around some who had AZ previously. Oh well, at least my 5G will be up to date and I'm running low on nano-bots
You’ll be right. I had zero side effects and everyone else I know, the same.

Second Pfizer dose creates a few side effects for some people but just one dose, doesn’t seem to do much.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Nothing definitive that I could see and certainly nothing saying you shouldn't have the same vaccine for the boosters.
Nah. That’s not right ie you should not get 3 x AZ. 2 x AZ and 1 x Pfizer or Moderna is the recommendation.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Try pharmacy website. The government one doesn’t interact with the pharmacy one. I got appointment this morning (south road Bart chemist Moorabbin). Having spent some time reading Facebook memes I’m pretty surprised I haven’t spontaneously combusted whilst typing this out waiting my fifteen minutes.

I mean four immunisations inside a year. (Flu shot in April). Why am I still alive?

great tip Roar, will give that a go.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Nah. That’s not right ie you should not get 3 x AZ. 2 x AZ and 1 x Pfizer or Moderna is the recommendation.

As I said earlier, when coming from AZ, yeah, there's some evidence that going for an mRNA makes sense. But when you've only had mRNA vaccines, there's nothing definitive.

Happy to view some interesting YouTube videos that you may have bookmarked.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
As I said earlier, when coming from AZ, yeah, there's some evidence that going for an mRNA makes sense. But when you've only had mRNA vaccines, there's nothing definitive.

Happy to view some interesting YouTube videos that you may have bookmarked.
It’s based on the extension of mixing first and second MRNA doses and the antibody response that is created.

In the article below, there is now some preliminary evidence from a CDC report that a Moderna booster after 2 x Pfizer solicits a slightly higher antibody response albeit some uncertainty about the volume of dosage.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Try pharmacy website. The government one doesn’t interact with the pharmacy one. I got appointment this morning (south road Bart chemist Moorabbin). Having spent some time reading Facebook memes I’m pretty surprised I haven’t spontaneously combusted whilst typing this out waiting my fifteen minutes.

I mean four immunisations inside a year. (Flu shot in April). Why am I still alive?

booked at local pharmacy on the 22nd. Cheers Roar!

• Love

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
In the article below, there is now some preliminary evidence from a CDC report that a Moderna booster after 2 x Pfizer solicits a slightly higher antibody response albeit some uncertainty about the volume of dosage.

Doesn't help me much when my first two were Moderna.

But reading the links, that weren't paywalled, all back what I said. They are full of "might" or where they are more definitive, it's having an mRNA booster after getting AZ.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Had my Moderna booster at a Ballina pharmacy yesterday. 10 minute wait while they filled scripts.

As with the first Pfizer, shoulder pretty tender and still is. As with second Pfizer, fluish symptoms came on 10-12 hours later. Aching, lethargy, that cold/hot feel where you have a temperature but you're also shivering and need a doona and three Panadol.

Woke at 7, felt *smile*, went back to sleep. Just woke again, feeling a little better but I won't be hitting the gym. I feel like I'm going to have a nap later, which is very rare.

If I'm better tomorrow it's pretty much the way I reacted to Pfizer 2, plus the sore shoulder from 1.

@spook, I had the Pfizer booster yesterday on top of my previous Astra shots, only issue so far was a needed a panadol in middle of night because my arm felt like it was going to drop off, ( I have always laughed and people complaining about a sore arm previously as you don't even feel the needle go in and never had anything but a mild ache, bit different this time but certainly nothing to worry about).
Non of the other symptoms so far and well enough to go and watch 150 minutes of training this morning :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
@spook, I had the Pfizer booster yesterday on top of my previous Astra shots, only issue so far was a needed a panadol in middle of night because my arm felt like it was going to drop off, ( I have always laughed and people complaining about a sore arm previously as you don't even feel the needle go in and never had anything but a mild ache, bit different this time but certainly nothing to worry about).
Non of the other symptoms so far and well enough to go and watch 150 minutes of training this morning :)
Well stop wasting time on this thread then and get your report up. Hurry up. Priorities.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Aah, I haven't had sore arms with the COVID shots, but I had a tetanus shot some years ago where my arm felt like a throbbing dead weight I could do without. Happens sometimes but usually only lasts a couple of days. Never say never, symptoms can be pretty random.

It does look like getting Pfizer or Moderna on top of AZ is a significant advantage, but the advantage of mixing the mRNA vaxxes is very minimal from what I have read. If anyone has a locked academic journal article they really want just cite it here.

I was thinking about waiting for the 6 month mark for the booster, but now thinking 5 months would be good. Mid Jan for me so I'll sort it out then.

DS