Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

That's not being forced. That's called consequences of a decision. Why should the socially responsible vaccinated workers be forced to work with someone who poses a risk to them and their families?
Current vaccines don’t seem to stop the spread so what’s the actual difference on an individual level?

P.s - apparently a 3rd dose may have some effect, we will see that play out

Current vaccines don’t seem to stop the spread so what’s the actual difference on an individual level?

P.s - apparently a 3rd dose may have some effect, we will see that play out

Ask healthcare workers what the difference is.

Reactions: 3 users
Ask healthcare workers what the difference is.
Your reply makes zero sense. The healthcare system is a seperate category and vaccines do reduce the likelihood of severe illness.

I replied to your comment about a vaccinated individual not wanting to work with an unvaccinated individual because of the risk them pose to them. I’m saying that in the current situation with Omicron spread there appears to be no difference aka both vaccinated and unvaccinated are spreading the virus.

Your reply makes zero sense. The healthcare system is a seperate category and vaccines do reduce the likelihood of severe illness.

I replied to your comment about a vaccinated individual not wanting to work with an unvaccinated individual because of the risk them pose to them. I’m saying that in the current situation with Omicron spread there appears to be no difference aka both vaccinated and unvaccinated are spreading the virus.

The window of time of when you can transmit Covid reduces greatly when you are unvaccinated.

I'm assuming this guy has access to the best data that you and I may not be provided with.

"Victorian Healthcare Association chief executive Tom Symondson welcomed the decision to bolster visiting restrictions, saying hospitals had been using rapid tests to screen visitors for COVID-19, but many had run out of supplies.

He said unvaccinated people were more likely to catch and transmit COVID-19 and the policy would reduce the risk to healthcare workers and vulnerable patients, including pregnant women, newborns and those receiving cancer treatment."

Very unlikely the vaxxed spread as much as the unvaxxed. Here's new data from Norway - given the differences in hospitalisation rates it's pretty clear the vaxxed are not getting sick and are less contagious, and for a shorter period of time if they are contagious.

FIwEERlXoAc4rEW

This puts the lie to the old antivaxxer chestnut of "it's only those with comorbidities who die anyway." The fit die, and the unvaxxed fit die in far greater numbers per capita. This data also shows that two doses are enough - very very good data even for those who are not yet boosted.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a beer at @spook 's new farm the other day, and discovered he's a fully blown, closet Jayden Short' ophile.

he's converted an old tractor lean-to into a shrine of shorty memorabilia, like something off American Pickers.

think @Mr Brightside's pool room, but dedicated entirely to the 2020 B&F winner

he swears his triple-vaxed though
You say you don't eat mushrooms, yet here you are hallucinating!

Spoke to a friend the other day (double-vaxxed, had a pericarditis reaction to the 2nd Pfizer and thus waiting for Novovax) who was told last week she was a close contact of a covid case. She's tested negative twice on RATs yet feels crook as with all the symptoms and is wondering, "if this isn't covid, wtf is it?"

I know someone else (not sure of her vax status) who also tested negative but has been very sick.

What a balls-up. Hillbilly backwater alright.

Reactions: 1 user
You say you don't eat mushrooms, yet here you are hallucinating!

Spoke to a friend the other day (double-vaxxed, had a pericarditis reaction to the 2nd Pfizer and thus waiting for Novovax) who was told last week she was a close contact of a covid case. She's tested negative twice on RATs yet feels crook as with all the symptoms and is wondering, "if this isn't covid, wtf is it?"

I know someone else (not sure of her vax status) who also tested negative but has been very sick.

What a balls-up. Hillbilly backwater alright.

anecdotally (n=10 or so now)

I still reckon some chinese RAT's are less accurate than a 20c coin toss test (ctt).

• Sad
Very unlikely the vaxxed spread as much as the unvaxxed. Here's new data from Norway - given the differences in hospitalisation rates it's pretty clear the vaxxed are not getting sick and are less contagious, and for a shorter period of time if they are contagious.

FIwEERlXoAc4rEW

This puts the lie to the old antivaxxer chestnut of "it's only those with comorbidities who die anyway." The fit die, and the unvaxxed fit die in far greater numbers per capita. This data also shows that two doses are enough - very very good data even for those who are not yet boosted.
That seems to indicate the likelihood of severe illness which I’m not questioning

I'm assuming this guy has access to the best data that you and I may not be provided with.

"Victorian Healthcare Association chief executive Tom Symondson welcomed the decision to bolster visiting restrictions, saying hospitals had been using rapid tests to screen visitors for COVID-19, but many had run out of supplies.

He said unvaccinated people were more likely to catch and transmit COVID-19 and the policy would reduce the risk to healthcare workers and vulnerable patients, including pregnant women, newborns and those receiving cancer treatment."

To which variant, Delta? It says more likely....by how much? If it’s say between 5% and 20% is that person (the unvaccinated) so much of a greater risk to you than one who is vaccinated?

FYI even Dan today said that vaccines are not effective at preventing omicron transmission though it is hoped that 3rd doses will help with that

I was replying to a post that said Governments should not be mandating vaccines. They aren’t

Everyone is free to not be vaccinated, they just have to accept the consequences. It is a consequence of living in a society that wishes to remain as safe as possible.

No different to people being asked to not drive their cars at 150km/hr or drink drive. Doesn’t guarantee I won’t be injured in a car accident but it lessens the chances.
Sure but that argument always comes back to the concept of finding an acceptable level of risk which is a grey area by definition.

Using the driving example, everytime a speed limit is reduced the explanation points to ‘this will save xxxx amount of lives’. If you continue that line of thinking the safest thing would be not to drive at all or have a speed limit of 10 km/h but most would say that’s not reasonable and some deaths are deemed ‘acceptable’ as harsh as that is

Sure but that argument always comes back to the concept of finding an acceptable level of risk which is a grey area by definition.

Using the driving example, everytime a speed limit is reduced the explanation points to ‘this will save xxxx amount of lives’. If you continue that line of thinking the safest thing would be not to drive at all or have a speed limit of 10 km/h but most would say that’s not reasonable and some deaths are deemed ‘acceptable’ as harsh as that is
The level of risk the vast majority of our society has deemed acceptable for COVID is that represented by a fully vaccinated population.

This thing is spreading like wildfire. Reckon the real figure is 5 to 10 times more than what is being reported. Most people I know has Covid in their household now.

Most people? Unless they're not telling me, I'd estimate less than 5% of people I know have it in theirs.

To which variant, Delta? It says more likely....by how much? If it’s say between 5% and 20% is that person (the unvaccinated) so much of a greater risk to you than one who is vaccinated?

FYI even Dan today said that vaccines are not effective at preventing omicron transmission though it is hoped that 3rd doses will help with that

This study confirms that yes, unvaccinated people are more likely to transmit than vaxxed.

"Conclusions​

To summarize, the study findings demonstrate that unvaccinated persons were more susceptible to infection by the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant, whereas booster-vaccinated individuals were less susceptible as compared to fully vaccinated individuals in Delta VOC-infected households. Furthermore, a lower susceptibility for booster-vaccinated individuals was detected among those living in families infected with the Omicron VOC. In addition, there was enhanced transmissibility from unvaccinated individuals and decreased transmissibility from booster-vaccinated individuals."

It does seem that transmissability is higher for both vaxxed and unvaxxed populations with Omicron cf Delta though.

Reactions: 2 users
Herd immunity will only be effective until the next variant arrives and so far that's been a fairly frequent occurrence.

Interestingly early evidence suggest that so called "natural" immunity from a previous Delta infection is less protective against Omicron than vaccines designed for Delta.