Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

I find the below very interesting. Tassie have 8,356 infected and no one in ICU. 18 in hospital.

I wonder if it’s because there is no Delta Covid in the State?

If so it looks promising that if Delta is phased out that we won’t get too many more needing hospital treatment in Victoria.

Reactions: 1 user
Interestingly early evidence suggest that so called "natural" immunity from a previous Delta infection is less protective against Omicron than vaccines designed for Delta.

Where did you read it? Wouldn't mind a gander.

Also I see that KFC has limited its menu because it can't get enough chicken! This is about as alarmed as I've felt throughout this entire pandemic!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Where did you read it? Wouldn't mind a gander.

Also I see that KFC has limited its menu because it can't get enough chicken! This is about as alarmed as I've felt throughout this entire pandemic!

The moment I knew the pandemic was as serious as it was, was when Bunnings stopped doing the sausage sizzle.

The explosion in cases amongst the mostly vaccinated shows that the vaccine does not stop the spread. It may reduce it but that's offset by a false sense of security and people being out and about and less cautious. The line we were fed by the state Govt about protecting Grandma by getting vaccinated was a lie. Not intentional I'm sure, but a lie nevertheless. They had no idea and were only guessing. But that's ok, the experts have got it wrong before and will keep getting it wrong. In these uncertain times it's a matter of trial and error.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
The explosion in cases amongst the mostly vaccinated shows that the vaccine does not stop the spread. It may reduce it but that's offset by a false sense of security and people being out and about and less cautious. The line we were fed by the state Govt about protecting Grandma by getting vaccinated was a lie. Not intentional I'm sure, but a lie nevertheless. They had no idea and were only guessing. But that's ok, the experts have got it wrong before and will keep getting it wrong. In these uncertain times it's a matter of trial and error.
Yes they are. 4 times of a greater risk actually in your example.
Damn those unvaccinated plague rats....

Qualifications for making such grandiose statements?

The explosion in cases amongst the mostly vaccinated shows that the vaccine does not stop the spread.

Another straight out of the anti vaxxers playbook. Are you meaning this in numbers or proportionally? Clearly when 94% of the population is vaccinated, the sheer number of cases will weight to them. In every single metric we have ever been given, the unvaccinated are disproportionately weighted.

Reactions: 2 users
Must have taken Trump's advice that less tests equals less cases which is good for his election chances, so, make sure there are less tests.

DS
Well, funnily enough, timing of all this 'Let it rip' policy was for Scomo getting into re-election mode, supported by Perineum replacing Gladbags and, no doubt, following advice from son-of-Rupert.