Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
So because other countries handled it badly that means its OK that we stuffed it up? When we had advice in October last year that RATs would be needed.

No and I’m not one to think our government is great. But I think context is hard and rear view mirror is easy. It is hard to put yourself back in a pre-omicron timeframe.

Potentially modelling at the time showed there would be way less need for RAT based on delta transmissibility. It is a seriously significant change in transmissibility. Then once you make that decision then the ability to pivot is impossible.

I’ve been involved in supply chains and it’s much easier to criticise it than to work it.

With that said if you war gamed it and said the transmissibility could go up and we want to let it rip so we need to start some local manufacture as insurance then that would have been pretty wise gamble that we clearly didn’t make.

Same mistake we made with vaccine procurement. So clearly our government is incapable of learning because it is too focused on spin doctoring.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dan saying the Aust Open will be Covid safe. Based on current daily cases it'll more likely be a Covid party. Dan is firmly in the let it rip camp.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So because other countries handled it badly that means its OK that we stuffed it up? When we had advice in October last year that RATs would be needed.

Actually they were told in August last year, I posted and article on it. Slow on the vaccine, slow on getting enough rapid tests, they are allergic to planning ahead.

DS

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Any truth that the RATs produced in Qld were sold overseas because we 'didn't need them"?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Any truth that the RATs produced in Qld were sold overseas because we 'didn't need them"?

yep - the company came out recently and also last year frustrated that the Feds wouldn’t talk to them during 2021 so they were forced to find markets overseas - which they did and have been exporting to the US for at least 4 - 5 months now.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's a big deal in India. I'm pretty sure that Nehru (India's first PM) swore by it. I knew a German girl who lived up in the Himalayas who practised it every morning and she reckoned that she hadn't had a cold in eight years.

regardless of her lack of colds, here's why it's still not a good idea

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
regardless of her lack of colds, here's why it's still not a good idea

When I was a youngster just out of school, working on a farm. The older blokes insisted that the best way to help toughen my soft kiddie hands was to pee on them first thing every morning n they'd be tough n leathery enough to cope with the various jobs within a couple of weeks. Was fairly certain they were bull shittin me n never bothered to test their theory.
Not a chance in hell I'd ever be tempted to even consider trying the old bubbler n drinking my own urine, but I guess some people are weird or desperate enough to try just about anything.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
yep - the company came out recently and also last year frustrated that the Feds wouldn’t talk to them during 2021 so they were forced to find markets overseas - which they did and have been exporting to the US for at least 4 - 5 months now.
The epidemiological version of copping a wet football fair in the nuts.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Dan saying the Aust Open will be Covid safe. Based on current daily cases it'll more likely be a Covid party. Dan is firmly in the let it rip camp.
I was there yesterday. 50% of crowds meant there was plenty of room. Only vaxxed allowed on site. Most people were wearing masks.
Not that it will prove much but let's see if I come down with covid in a few days.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I was there yesterday. 50% of crowds meant there was plenty of room. Only vaxxed allowed on site. Most people were wearing masks.
Not that it will prove much but let's see if I come down with covid in a few days.
I reckon (hope) you’ll be ok ToOts. Been a while since I’ve been to the AO but unlike the Boxing Day Test, which I’m sure was a massive superspreader event, people aren’t ploughing into condensed pubs pre and post the event, you’ve got 50% whereas the cricket was just a ridiculous free for all with crammed sections, and you’ve got the outdoor lawn areas with spacing etc. at the tennis. And many more people are wearing masks now too.

Just Slip, slop slap, make sure your big long white socks are pulled up, your Dunlop Volleys are clean, and you’ve got your best voice for “Aussie Aussie Aussie…”