Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So Victoria about to report a Code Brown in hospitals around staffing levels due to the volume of patients.

I do find the "Code Brown" a little bit ironic being as we are all out of toilet paper in shops again. I'd hazard a guess there have been quite a few "Code Brown" emergencies around Victoria. hahaha

Ps. not making light of the actual conditions of the Code Brown, just the colour that has ben chosen.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
So Victoria about to report a Code Brown in hospitals around staffing levels due to the volume of patients.

I do find the "Code Brown" a little bit ironic being as we are all out of toilet paper in shops again. I'd hazard a guess there have been quite a few "Code Brown" emergencies around Victoria. hahaha

Ps. not making light of the actual conditions of the Code Brown, just the colour that has ben chosen.
Yep. *smile* choice of color. *Smile* rhymes with hit.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

It hasn’t been “chosen” Mr P there is a colour coding of different events that is standard across the country. Every person who works in a hospital undergoes annual mandatory training in what these codes mean and what actions to undertake if they occur.
The Code brown called in Victoria in reality is more formality than substance. Most of what it means is actually already happening but provides a more legal or legislative framework around it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It hasn’t been “chosen” Mr P there is a colour coding of different events that is standard across the country. Every person who works in a hospital undergoes annual mandatory training in what these codes mean and what actions to undertake if they occur.
The Code brown called in Victoria in reality is more formality than substance. Most of what it means is actually already happening but provides a more legal or legislative framework around it.

I still prefer ToO's explanation

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
My 2yo daughter tested positive on Friday (definitely from daycare). Omicron is a little scary for little kids, being more of an upper respiratory infection and them being prone to Croup. Which she got. We took her to Emergency at the Children's on Sunday night (I can't believe the professionalism and standard of care from the ED healthcare workers considering how stretched and stressed everyone is - truly heroes). They gave her steroids and the stridor settled. She's day 5 of symptoms and seems to be recovering well. I couldn't get her off the trampoline today even though I could hear her wheezing. She is unfazed by everything. Little legend.

Covid advice from the government was to isolate from my 2 year old. Yeah. Sure. On day 1 she vomited on me. On day 2 she pulled her fingers out of her mouth and shoved them in mine. On day 3 she coughed in my mouth. On day 4 she peed on me. Probably the wrong time for toilet training.

My wife has now developed symptoms, and tested positive. Weirdly, I haven't. I'm triple shot vaxxed, maybe it works.

Or maybe it's coming for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 users

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
That's perhaps the sweetest and most touching post on this thread Coburg. Thanks for sharing it.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
32 deaths in NSW and 18 in Vic. Hospitals at breaking point. Surprised both states continue to let it rip. Unfair to impose a code Brown on the hospital workers while the rest of us are living it up at the tennis

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Someone should ask our leaders what number is an acceptable death toll per day? 1? 100? 1000? Or just so long as it's not a member of their families?

Here's the thing. Nearly all older people have 'pre-existing conditions'. The let it RIP policy is costing a lot of pain & it's not even helping the economy as people are choosing to stay away.

They need to rethink fast.

Last edited:

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Need to bear in mind that the very vast majority of people dying are very aged with co morbidities.
Many are dying with covid, not necessarily from it.
If covid was non existent, many aged and frail people would be dying daily, we just don't get told the numbers.
The media is obsessed with beating up information for various agendas and to sensationalise.
Yes, covid is aweful and kills people.
But...very few fully vaccinated people who are not at a stage in life or health where death is likely from natural causes are dying.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Need to bear in mind that the very vast majority of people dying are very aged with co morbidities.
Many are dying with covid, not necessarily from it.
If covid was non existent, many aged and frail people would be dying daily, we just don't get told the numbers.
The media is obsessed with beating up information for various agendas and to sensationalise.
Yes, covid is aweful and kills people.
But...very few fully vaccinated people who are not at a stage in life or health where death is likely from natural causes are dying.
With respect, do you have some actual data to back that statement up?

Reactions: 2 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
We have previously been told by the govt/ health department that the majority of people who die while covid positive, die with covid, not of covid.
Think on this... some guesstimated figures only.
Say 1000 Victorians die a day normally.
Say 1 in 50 Victoria's is covid infected at any one time.
That means 20 people each day will be recorded as dying with Covid.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
If someone dies after contracting covid, who wouldn't have died otherwise (and potentially lived for many more years) then they are dying "from" covid. I don't care how old or infirm they are or whether or not they had preexisting comorbidities, they're not necessarily going to fall off the perch tomorrow. But contracting this virus might just push them over the edge.

Using the word "with" is a method to ease the collective guilt on the rest of society for ignoring those less fortunate than us. These people dying from covid are still people with loved ones.

But considering the vast amounts of inequality throughout the world and the lack of global action on it, I suppose this is normal human behaviour to ignore those less fortunate than us. It's just depressing seeing it play out in Australia.

Reactions: 8 users