Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Not mucking around here :
Lockdown starts 28 days ..I'm by my self ..as wife still stuck in Australia well Avondale Hights to be exact ... It's on from tonight ...
Botswana LOCKDOWN PROCEDURES: forwarded as received
Please adhere to these rules during the lockdown, and you will be safe! Not adhering to these rules will result in INSTANT arrest!
1. Shops will NOT remain open like they are now. Only CERTAIN shops will be open at DESIGNATED times and only open one hour per day . Please stay up to date with these times. It will be made available to the public. Only a certain number of people will be allowed inside the shop at a time.
2. Roadblocks will be implemented EVERYWHERE. To get to your destination, you will have to go through a road block, and your license will be scanned. This will keep track of your travels. The army will patrol everywhere to make sure nobody is on the streets.
3. You will only be allowed to travel once every 3 to 4 days to shops, etc. Unless you are an employee exempt from the lockdown. If you travel too much, you will be arrested.
4. You are not allowed to travel in pairs. You MUST travel ALONE. Only 1 person per car. Unless you are in transportation services.
5. When travelling, you HAVE to wear a mask and gloves. If you do not have this, it will be provided for you at the road block.
6. When travelling back from where you went, you will pass another roadblock, where you have to provide PROOF of what you bought, and where. Keep you receipts EVERY TIME you buy something.
7. Please do not make plans to walk your dog, go on a hike, or even cycle. This will NOT be allowed.

Reactions: 1 users
Lockdown starts 28 days ..I'm by my self ..as wife still stuck in Australia well Avondale Hights to be exact ... It's on from tonight ...
Please adhere to these rules during the lockdown, and you will be safe! Not adhering to these rules will result in INSTANT arrest!
1. Shops will NOT remain open like they are now. Only CERTAIN shops will be open at DESIGNATED times and only open one hour per day . Please stay up to date with these times. It will be made available to the public. Only a certain number of people will be allowed inside the shop at a time.
2. Roadblocks will be implemented EVERYWHERE. To get to your destination, you will have to go through a road block, and your license will be scanned. This will keep track of your travels. The army will patrol everywhere to make sure nobody is on the streets.
3. You will only be allowed to travel once every 3 to 4 days to shops, etc. Unless you are an employee exempt from the lockdown. If you travel too much, you will be arrested.
4. You are not allowed to travel in pairs. You MUST travel ALONE. Only 1 person per car. Unless you are in transportation services.
5. When travelling, you HAVE to wear a mask and gloves. If you do not have this, it will be provided for you at the road block.
6. When travelling back from where you went, you will pass another roadblock, where you have to provide PROOF of what you bought, and where. Keep you receipts EVERY TIME you buy something.
7. Please do not make plans to walk your dog, go on a hike, or even cycle. This will NOT be allowed.

Look after yourself. Try to follow the guidelines as much as possible. Social distancing and hand washing will work if you can stick to it.

Reactions: 3 users
Case count excluding China (updated 11:30pm)

952478 cases
51,141 deaths (5.37%)
38,117 severe (4%)
719,768 mild (76%)
143,452 recovered (15%)

1 million infected when China is included.

Last edited:
Whilst we’d all love to see an Australian manufacturing renaissance and a rediction of reliance on Chinese manufacturing it ain’t gunna happen. There’ll be an initial wave of people trying to “buy Australian” but it’ll quickly wear off. Money talks.

I know Tigertim.

My friend tells me, ‘ Waiting’ , money talks BS walks!

France new deaths 1,355, with 2,166 new cases. Their new cases are a lot lower than Germany, Italy and Spain??????

Take care DJ.

Getting Pretty serious now!

Back home(Greece) my family are telling me they are having similar tough restrictions with fines!

Stay safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
PHILIPPINES POLICE TO SHOOT LOCKDOWN LAW BREAKERS

Police have been ordered to shoot to kill anyone breaking lockdown laws in the Philippines.

Hardline President Rodrigo Duterte, who have previously been accused of human rights violations, made the directive to frontline police.

“So once again I’m telling you the seriousness of the problem and that you must listen. My orders to the police and military … If there is trouble and there’s an occasion that they fight back and your lives are in danger, shoot them dead,” Mr Duterte said.

“Is that understood? Dead. Instead of causing trouble, I will bury you.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/corona...l/news-story/00bbc8fd5a82de2282318bbf93893ab6

No ambiguity!

Police have been ordered to shoot to kill anyone breaking lockdown laws in the Philippines.

Hardline President Rodrigo Duterte, who have previously been accused of human rights violations, made the directive to frontline police.

“So once again I’m telling you the seriousness of the problem and that you must listen. My orders to the police and military … If there is trouble and there’s an occasion that they fight back and your lives are in danger, shoot them dead,” Mr Duterte said.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/corona...l/news-story/00bbc8fd5a82de2282318bbf93893ab6

No ambiguity!
They're using all options over there LTRTR.

take care DjJP
you can an will get thru the home isolation. Hang in there #Day20

France new deaths 1,355, with 2,166 new cases. Their new cases are a lot lower than Germany, Italy and Spain??????
France has been in full lockdown for 17 days, although the Alsace state (city of mulhouse) which was the first cluster here had a week of isolation before that.
Paris has had an outbreak but elsewhere seems to be less cases.

From the papers:
The figures suggest the number of people being admitted to hospital with the coronavirus has dropped slightly and is stabilising, and that the number being taken into intensive care has risen very slightly by 20 extra cases in 24 hours.

• Number of confirmed cases in France: 59,105 (+2,116)
  • Number of deaths in hospitals 4,503 (+471)
  • Estimated number of deaths in retirement/old people’s/care homes : 884
  • Number of those in hospital with coronavirus : 26,246 (+1,607)
  • Number in intensive care: 6,489 (+472)

Reactions: 1 users
FWIW, I don’t believe early Covid-19 information was intentionally suppressed by China’s top leaders.

I saw it as a byproduct of a culture that strongly discourages local state officials (or anyone mid-hierarchy, really) from taking a disruptive initiative.

Really :rolleyes:

No ambiguity!

Straight’ to the point.
Wow.

FWIW, I don’t believe early Covid-19 information was intentionally suppressed by China’s top leaders.

I saw it as a byproduct of a culture that strongly discourages local state officials (or anyone mid-hierarchy, really) from taking a disruptive initiative.

Once the clear problem was escalated from local officials to the top leaders in mid-Jan, I’m not aware of any information that suggests China acted negligently from that point.

Happy to listen to alternate points of view.

I have an old friend who has worked in the corporate intelligence field in HK for over 20 years, and he told me he doesn't really know what's happening in China now . But he is very clear that you 100% can't trust any information from the Chinese government.

Really :rolleyes:

Exactly Caesar.

Thanks for finding that article.
I remember telling people from the start but I was being called something ‘ and having verbals, nearly coming to blows with people.

They tried to cover this up!

Haven't done any googling on it but last night I was speaking to a medico type and he said the hospitals are seeing an odd increase in the number of stroke cases of infected or previously infected men.

Haven't done any googling on it but last night I was speaking to a medico type and he said the hospitals are seeing an odd increase in the number of stroke cases of infected or previously infected men.

We need to take care of ourselves to be able to take care of our families and parents Baloo.

Sad☹️ times

How does a city as large as Tokyo manage to contain the virus yet it's exploding everywhere else? Face masks are widely used in Japan yet we are being advised that if not used correctly face masks don't do much to contain the virus. If it's a matter of availability and using them properly then why aren't governments producing more n95 masks and educating the public on how to use them?

IMO Scomo has really come to the party with his recent announcements. The 3rd stimulus, the childcare announcement. He has been impressive in his press conferences. Ironic that there is complete silence on here about his recent performances.

Keep up the good work Scomo.
one bad bit of work is that last November the CSIRO were aware of CV19 and cultured the virus by December. repeated warnings to the govt fell on deaf ears and the underlying reason was commercial interests. CSIROs main argument back then on possible spread was airlines. something a lot of folk are missing is the 19 in COVID19 stands for 2019, we are now in the 4th month of 2020 and the measures Scomos rolling out could have happened months ago had they listened. Taiwan for instance did this in December and take a look at their rates.

Reactions: 2 users