Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

No doubt countries will look at their dependance on China. The initial stages of the virus when China was locked down caused issues for most industries.

Why? Simple. Manufacturers wanted to lower costs by all means. China offered the world low cost labour and manufacturing facilities. The world started pouring money into China.

We've all benefited. Your iPhone would have cost about 5k if manufactured in Australia. Most electrical comes from China. Your RFC cap most likely does. Your clothes probably do. All electrical device in your house too.

Western societies excessive demands is what made China what it is today. The Chinese governments ways haven't changed their methods much in a century or so, or at least since WWII. It's our greed that gave China massive wealth and influence around the world.

But while everyone reacts to China, how, in any way, was the US Government's response any different? They now have 23% of the world's cases and still have a President who denies and dismisses what's happening on the ground.

Reactions: 6 users
The above article could have been written by an Aussie journalist & it would ring very true to our situation. Even more so when you consider what has happened with regard to our goods being "raided" packed up & sent to China.
The recent signing of a "Free Trade Agreement" with China seems to me to be of more benefit to them than us. This ageement was a major reason that the Aussie car manufacturing industry was shutdown.
We also allow China to buy our industries, farms, properties etc with immunity. There is no way that any "Western" Govt. industry, company or individual would be allowed to buy any Chinese property of any kind. They don't allow anyone to own anything of theirs. They allow property to be leased but NEVER owned. They can also terminate these leases any time they want.
For too long our Govts (ofboth persuasions) have allowed our assets to gobbled up by foreign companies at the expense of local interests.

It's time we as a society let our pollies know that we've had enough & they should start to put Australias & Australians interests before their own selfish wants.

Thank you TT!

Agree 100%

No doubt countries will look at their dependance on China. The initial stages of the virus when China was locked down caused issues for most industries.

Why? Simple. Manufacturers wanted to lower costs by all means. China offered the world low cost labour and manufacturing facilities. The world started pouring money into China.

We've all benefited. Your iPhone would have cost about 5k if manufactured in Australia. Most electrical comes from China. Your RFC cap most likely does. Your clothes probably do. All electrical device in your house too.

Western societies excessive demands is what made China what it is today. The Chinese governments ways haven't changed their methods much in a century or so, or at least since WWII. It's our greed that gave China massive wealth and influence around the world.

But while everyone reacts to China, how, in any way, was the US Government's response any different? They now have 23% of the world's cases and still have a President who denies and dismisses what's happening on the ground.

I agree Baloo our greed has made China ( out of this crisis now ) a virtual superpower bowing to her knees.

We can start.

Our Govts & other Western Countries should offer OUR companies incentive to keep our homes, farms, industry , companies in its peoples hands. Give incentives to our businesses not kick backs to China.

Trump at times a supporter ( I acknowledge that- I don’t try to hide it ) but HE will single handily bring the US to its knees and in our lifetime a country & people who will be paying for his actions for generations to come.

This is like your worse nightmare a movie you want a happy ending or dream that once you wake up,you say phew that was just a dream.

The recent signing of a "Free Trade Agreement" with China seems to me to be of more benefit to them than us. This ageement was a major reason that the Aussie car manufacturing industry was shutdown.

Please explain. Car industry was in turmoil was in deep trouble long before this agreement

1585788326588.png

Not sure if it's greed. It has raised our standard of living. How much are people prepared to pay for Australian-made?

Depends on how you look at it. It's given us more toys and shiney things to watch and play with, but is that raising the standard of living?

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if it's greed. It has raised our standard of living. How much are people prepared to pay for Australian-made?

A mixture of both Lee!

I think we can ALL start little by little.

BUY Australian, MADE in Australia, FOR Australians should be our way forward.

My motto!

Yes it will be hard in the short term but if there is going to be business dealings and dealings kept , let’s do it where it advantages Australia and it’s people , not China and it’s people.

Reactions: 1 users
A mixture of both Lee!

I think we can ALL start little by little.

BUY Australian, MADE in Australia, FOR Australians should be our way forward.

My motto!

Yes it will be hard in the short term but if there is going to be business dealings and dealings kept , let’s do it where it advantages Australia and it’s people , not China and it’s people.

Western society is too set in its ways. It will be back to normal when this is over. How many people in Australia really buy into this mindset of buy Australian? Even if you wanted to buy Australian how do you really know for many, many items whether it is truly Australian. You can buy ALL your parts from China, assemble it in Australia and sell it as Australian.

Only government can encourage Australian buying through initiatives and better control of stamping things as Australian. But even the government chooses overseas products over Australian when given a choice. Once this is over, governments will be looking to boost the economy and one method will be retail incentives and we'll as a nation be back to buying Chinese (and other countries) cheap goods.

Depends on how you look at it. It's given us more toys and shiney things to watch and play with, but is that raising the standard of
Western society is too set in its ways. It will be back to normal when this is over. How many people in Australia really buy into this mindset of buy Australian? Even if you wanted to buy Australian how do you really know for many, many items whether it is truly Australian. You can buy ALL your parts from China, assemble it in Australia and sell it as Australian.

Only government can encourage Australian buying through initiatives and better control of stamping things as Australian. But even the government chooses overseas products over Australian when given a choice. Once this is over, governments will be looking to boost the economy and one method will be retail incentives and we'll as a nation be back to buying Chinese (and other countries) cheap goods.

I understand Tigerlove.

We know that Govts across the world will sell their souls for the $ and what I say and others , even the article posted by Lee will amount to 0.

in the end it’s all hot air and the country who started this will be even more powerful and monopolised the world as if nothing happened. That I assure you off!

I wish I was in parliament where my chorus could be loud & heard.

I know ( I am guilty ) of calling many things when Pauline Hanson so long ago made a speak about these various issues but we called her out.

I was one of those people!

I write this in shame now.

Reactions: 1 user
God bless America.

Gun shops are reopening in the US after the Trump administration ruled they are an essential service.

"After days of lobbying by the National Rifle Association, the National Shooting Sports Foundation and other gun groups, the Department of Homeland Security this past weekend issued an advisory declaring that firearms dealers should be considered essential services — just like grocery stores, pharmacies and hospitals — and allowed to remain open. The agency said its ruling was not a mandate but merely guidance for cities, towns and states as they weigh how to prevent the spread of the coronavirus."

They say they should be considered to be like grocery stores:rotfl1:bash

The looting is about to start.

Once the poor communities in some cities start to become further disadvantaged and see no hope they will take to the streets en masse. It will provide an opportunity for the usual muppets to kick off the true American sport of smash and grab. The gun toting constitution worshipping citizens won’t tolerate it this time and will open fire. National Guard will be called out. Question is will they get there before or after kick off.

Makes sense to buy a gun. God Bless ‘Merica

Two ScoMo tidbits - yesterday he was on an online prayer session (with none other than Margaret Court) and compared himself to Moses leading the people out of the parted seas...
the other is he states that Australia is "leading the world in testing" with 1% of the population tested. uhhh...Taiwan ??
still spinning ScoMoses...

Once the poor communities in some cities start to become further disadvantaged and see no hope they will take to the streets en masse. It will provide an opportunity for the usual muppets to kick off the true American sport of smash and grab. The gun toting constitution worshipping citizens won’t tolerate it this time and will open fire. National Guard will be called out. Question is will they get there before or after kick off.

If only it wasn’t true Tommy.

Two ScoMo tidbits - yesterday he was on an online prayer session (with none other than Margaret Court) and compared himself to Moses leading the people out of the parted seas...
the other is he states that Australia is "leading the world in testing" with 1% of the population tested. uhhh...Taiwan ??
still spinning ScoMoses...

When ScottyFromMarketing prayed for rain, Australia got the mother of all bushfires. I shudder to think what the country will now get. Locusts, perhaps?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

With guns being so readily available there shouldn't be any need for lynchings.

We might get to finally see how well the constitutional right to bear arms to uprise against the government goes against tanks and rockets.