Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Agree, figures are fudged. Tell me you can have 189,583 (probably also fudged) people in close contact with infected patients, then 5 million leave Wuhan all over the globe for the spring festival and/or to escape Wuhan and the rest of China basically get off scot free? Impossible.

The commission's website has been publishing daily updates since late January. From the first report on January 25, the number of cases of the now-named COVID-19 virus skyrocketed from 1,287 to 17,205 in just over a week. At that point, according to the commission, 189,583 people had “been identified as having had close contact with infected patients.”

On top of this, the commission acknowledged on January 26 that “More than 5 million people have left Wuhan due to the Spring Festival and epidemic

We'll probably never know the truth unless/until there's regime change, and they won't let that happen anytime soon.

On another note, I could see a revolt in Sweden.

Badly.

They are roughly 90th for population in the world, 13th for deaths and have even more critical than dead. Could be wrong but it has always shaped as a disaster to me. Other Europeans say the Swedes think their **** doesn't stink; perhaps that's true of the scientific body entrusted with the decisions.

Hopefully their economy is still ok

Reactions: 1 user
If the Chinese have taken Wuhan off lockdown then it's a big step. I doubt they'd do that just to risk another complete clusterfuck. Call the Chinese whatever you want, but they're not stupid. Going to early risks bring the country to it's knees and the Chinese have worked too hard to get China into the position it is now just to lose it all by appearing to the western world that it's under control when it's not.

If the Chinese have taken Wuhan off lockdown then it's a big step. I doubt they'd do that just to risk another complete clusterfuck. Call the Chinese whatever you want, but they're not stupid. Going to early risks bring the country to it's knees and the Chinese have worked too hard to get China into the position it is now just to lose it all by appearing to the western world that it's under control when it's not.

We'll probably never know.

C.I.A. Hunts for Authentic Virus Totals in China, Dismissing Government Tallies

As has been mentioned, his article is full of his opinions, mostly unproveable.

And yes we know your perfect world has no government, or central planning or taxes, only individuals and firms looking after their interests. we know in your perfect world health care and education would only be available to those than can afford it, or to those who are lucky enough to benefit from charity. we know privately operated courts and security firms would be available to those that can afford them, (Im still not sure who appoints the courts though), and that the only 'crimes' are those that harm another's private property rights, and the only crimes that are investigated are those that are committed against those who can afford to hire investigators.
Thankfully we will never live in your perfect world. (apologies to those that arent interested.)
As I've already said, he made objective claims and his opinions on what to do about those claims can be tested to see if they are logical.

For an individual to be successful in acting in their interest, they will have to consider the interests of those around them. Social co-operation and the division of labour is very much in everyone's interest and the most successful are those individuals that bring the most value to others. I'm not claiming a perfect world, I'm claiming the best alternative given the choices on offer. The courts aren't appointed by anyone. Different organisations would offer to provide court services and the market would be able to choose the best on offer, not forced to go with a monopoly service as they currently are. I don't think people would accept crimes going uninvestigated and I don't think the only solution to that is to institute a monopoly service provider that is funded through wide-scale theft like you and many others do.

Want to take the risk & see if you can survive H? Money pales into insignificance pretty quickly when your life is on the line.
Me personally no. But I'm sure Governments and big businesses will be assessing it.

Reactions: 2 users
We'll probably never know the truth unless/until there's regime change, and they won't let that happen anytime soon.

On another note, I could see a revolt in Sweden.

I call BS on China’s figures as many of us have said.

Anyway the world is from bad to worse!

Last edited:
In other words they're dishonest.
I didn't say that. I travelled in and out of china for a long time for work, albeit a while ago now, and they do think differently certainly politically and in the bureaucracy. Sometimes it may be dishonest but sometimes it's just a different way of viewing the world.
Anyway it appears that the numbers at the start of the pandemic were bigger than they reported although there is no absolute proof of that.

Last few days have been 32, 34, 25, 30, 33. Kinda wrestling with it at the moment, but it might be a function of how many tests they're able to carry out per day. Hopefully the increases don't get any bigger.

One would hope their increased testing is picking up a lot more of the less serious cases. As of now they've had 21,711 recovered and 12,857 deaths. If we say 2/3ds recovered and apply that to the current active cases of 365,978 it's looking at another 120,000 deaths. To put that into perspective there have been between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 in the US. A stark reminded of what this virus could have done if no isolation action was taken in the US and around the world.

1586330150436.png