Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Just heard we incurred our biggest hit.
200 billion $ of the share market.

Really hasn't hit the markets to any great extent yet. The stock market has been on a very strong climb in the last year or so and due for a breather (often any excuse will do). All Ords is still higher now than it was 6 months ago, still 18% higher than it was at a low point around 14 months ago. Could be disastrous if the markets really start panicking.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Really hasn't hit the markets to any great extent yet. The stock market has been on a very strong climb in the last year or so and due for a breather (often any excuse will do). All Ords is still higher now than it was 6 months ago, still 18% higher than it was at a low point around 14 months ago. Could be disastrous if the markets really start panicking.

Love I’m only going on what was being reported on TV stations mid week I think.

they were calling it the biggest hit in history???

even my hearing needs to be checked, you are right , or in the words of a president ...

“Fake news I tell ya!”

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Love I’m only going on what was being reported on TV stations mid week I think.

they were calling it the biggest hit in history???

even my hearing needs to be checked, you are right , or in the words of a president ...

“Fake news I tell ya!”

Yes the biggest one day fall for the ASX200 by marketcap dollar value since the worst in 2015. Of course this doesn't take into effect the importance of inflation over relative time so it does make great headlines. I guess the point is the ASX200 has had a very steep climb over the last few months so there's always going to be an inevitable pullback anyway. It certainly could get much worse depending on the short-term economy outcome in China and its effect on other economies.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Port v St Kilda game now banned and moved to Cairns for R11.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Cousin of mine does marketing work for Ardbeg. Good drop. Crazy smokiness in those Islay Whiskys.

Not all the Islay whiskys are peaty, although some have plenty. Never tried Octomore but am tempted.

I have an Ardbeg Corryvreackan (no doubt spelt wrong!) and it is a wonderful whisky.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Case count excluding China/Diamond Princess (updated 11pm)

9,049 cases
150 deaths (1.66%)
229 severe (3%)
7,939 mild (88%)
731 recovered (8%)

Germany +50 => 129
France +30 => 130
Spain +21 => 79

Look out, pandemic's comin' through
And it's all over now, baby blue

Last edited:

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The Swiss have just cancelled all events over 1000 people. There are 15 cases in switzerland.
It is a massive impact- this week is the Basel carnival (fasnacht) which is the biggest show in town - the equivalent of Moomba
Plus the geneva motor show, basel watch fair. Serious impact to the swiss life/economy.
Soccer and hockey matches to be played in closed stadiums.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
First death in Indonesia announced

Edit sorry 2 cases no deaths yet (officially)

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
The Swiss have just cancelled all events over 1000 people. There are 15 cases in switzerland.
It is a massive impact- this week is the Basel carnival (fasnacht) which is the biggest show in town - the equivalent of Moomba
Plus the geneva motor show, basel watch fair. Serious impact to the swiss life/economy.
Soccer and hockey matches to be played in closed stadiums.

In Greece, Patras it looks like their famous Carnival has been cancelled due to the fears of Coronavirus.

Big hit for the people there $.

Only a matter of time before events abroad and in Aus get cancelled if this continues and a pandemic is announced.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Sport, entertainment could be stopped - Australia

The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPCC) will meet today to decide whether additional protection measures, such as bans on mass gatherings, will be introduced.

Given this is a footy site this should concern all.
80k + expected for round 1 in 3 weeks..
If reported H2H cases take off, then as we have seen in other countries there's no guarantees we will be cheering the Tiges on at the G.
Fingers crossed this isn't the case obviously.