Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Testing should be mandatory, at least in the trouble spots, and asap everyone everywhere.

I spent 12 hours at a mate's place in Fawkner last weekend. I rang the hotline to ask if I should get tested and they told me without symptoms I'd need a doctor's referral.

WTF! they are door knocking in hot spots imploring people to get tested.

I guess they figure to get the local population tested eg Fawkner mate, and then if he is positive they trace down Spooko.

I guess they figure to get the local population tested eg Fawkner mate, and then if he is positive they trace down Spooko.
:D

If they get me, they'll get Jack and Gyps too.

I'll probably go get a test in the next week regardless.

Reactions: 1 user
They should be door knocking with tests and eftpos machines in case of refusal.
Nah, people would pay to get out of it.

They should be door knocking with tests and Puckapunyl hotel keys.
Either get tested or go your on a bus to Pucka for 14 days leaving now.

Testing should be mandatory, at least in the trouble spots, and asap everyone everywhere.

I spent 12 hours at a mate's place in Fawkner last weekend. I rang the hotline to ask if I should get tested and they told me without symptoms I'd need a doctor's referral.
But do we know if there is then enough Isolation for those who test postive? Is that as strictly enforced as hotel quarantine (should be)? Who gives them the all clear? How do their family members avoid catching it? Are they quarantined?
I think that this who test postive should be hospitalised...
When I was 14 I came down with one of those viral menengiits things...I was in Fairfield Infectious diseases Hospital within 12 hours of a doc seeing me. Totally delirious (similar to 10.30pm GF day 2017) .. Bed parked in a lean to type verandah at the end of a corridor away from wards for 48 hours or more...
We don't have Fairfiled any more.....
And if don't want to use regular hospitals what about all those overflow facilities at the Exhibition centre we had in the early days?

Nah, people would pay to get out of it.

They should be door knocking with tests and Puckapunyl hotel keys.
Either get tested or go your on a bus to Pucka for 14 days leaving now.
I doubt people would pay 10 grand to avoid a brief cotton bud up the nose, but I like your idea too.

Biggest demographic is females 20-29. .... Then blokes that age group....makes a lot of sense to keep afl players away from their peer group.

But do we know if there is then enough Isolation for those who test postive? Is that as strictly enforced as hotel quarantine (should be)? Who gives them the all clear? How do their family members avoid catching it? Are they quarantined?
When I was 14 I came down with one of those viral menengiits things...I was in Fairfield Infectious diseases Hospital within 12 hours of a doc seeing me. Totally delirious (similar to 10.30pm GF day 2017) .. Bed parked in a lean to type verandah at the end of a corridor away from wards for 48 hours or more...
And if don't want to use regular hospitals what about all those overflow facilities at the Exhibition centre we had in the early days?
Mate, I don't have the answers, but if we don't test them they'll still be positive, and spreading. We have to cut this thing off at the knees like we almost had before we relaxed and thought we had it beat.

We have plenty of empty hotel rooms still.

But based on the anecdotes fron quarantine hotels they might offer you a knee trembler to be marked off as tested.
What the *smile* is wrong with people? Why would you not want to know?

If that's happening, I'm not sure prison wardens are going to be any better than security guards.

Mate, I don't have the answers, but if we don't test them they'll still be positive, and spreading. We have to cut this thing off at the knees like we almost had before we relaxed and thought we had it beat.

We have plenty of empty hotel rooms still.

I am all for testing, was just wondering if that is undermined by lack of iso after a postive?

Based on anecdotal I'd just about volunteer for hotel quarantine.. take up smoking, cards with neighbours, shopping excursions, conjugal visits, what's not to like...

Any travellers who test positive are moved to specific hotels designated as health hotels.
Extra med staff, while still in a quarantine confinement.
And only if sick enough ie need a lungblower would you go to a hospital.
I guess the same would apply for public testing.

But based on the anecdotes fron quarantine hotels they might offer you a knee trembler to be marked off as tested.
Its the medical team doing the testing, and the guards doing the off-menu extras.
So doubt you could avoid a test

Its the medical team doing the testing, and the guards doing the off-menu extras.
So doubt you could avoid a test
I am all for testing....was being flippant about going to hotel but my pint still is...once someone is postive how can we be sure they aren't infecting others? That would at least dry up up that source of infection. Seems the killer is the spreading it without knowing it.... At 3 positives in a 1000 tests it's a long road....

It may or may not be related but it's not a great look that a 2nd wave has occurred 4 weeks after the BLM protests in Melbourne.
I wonder how Dan would react if more protests were announced in Melbourne this week? :oops:
I wonder how many of those who protested last time would attend a march again?

It may or may not be related but it's not a great look that a 2nd wave has occurred 4 weeks after the BLM protests in Melbourne.
I wonder how Dan would react if more protests were announced in Melbourne this week? :oops:
I wonder how many of those who protested last time would attend a march again?
It's not related. Unless you think only people from the northern suburbs went to BLM?

I am sick of all this crap about the BLM demo and the spread of COVID - provide some data, or stop spinning bull.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I am sick of all this crap about the BLM demo and the spread of COVID - provide some data, or stop spinning bull.

DS

Having begun public denials as soon as five days after the protest, I’d be surprised if the government is even looking for links, let alone be prepared to declare the data. The answer probably lies among the 170+ untraced cases since June 13, in combination with the so-called “North Melbourne cluster” which is actually a widely-dispersed infected group that originated with protest attendees.

If this grows into something infamous, the protest will become the “grassy knoll” of nagging corona theories.