Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Hopefully it starts trending down from now. But we’ll need a few days before we can tell. It’s been a yo yo for the last couple of weeks.

Tends to be the case over the weekends, doesn't it? I've got multiple friends who were tested on Wednesday and still don't have their results.

I've started charting VIC and NSW data.

VIC:
217 New Cases.
2608 Active Cases (net increase 146)
Total = 5353.
2 New Deaths (34 Total)
28,104 tests (1,278,512 Total)

NSW:
15 New Cases.
59 Active Cases (net increase 10)
Total = 3361.
No New Deaths (Total 51)
27,702 tests (1,155,168 Total)

NSW on the knife's edge IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
Tends to be the case over the weekends, doesn't it? I've got multiple friends who were tested on Wednesday and still don't have their results.
2 weeks ago on a Friday morning my wife and son both had tests at same time and place. Son had his negative result back on Saturday evening. Wife didn’t get her negative result until 5 days later on the Wednesday. No one could explain why

2 weeks ago on a Friday morning my wife and son both had tests at same time and place. Son had his negative result back on Saturday evening. Wife didn’t get her negative result until 5 days later on the Wednesday. No one could explain why

This is poor. We need fast processing of results so that we can get people into lock down quickly if required.

My wife's receptionist took 9 days to get her results back last week. Tested Tuesday 7th didn't results til Wednesday 15th.

This is poor. We need fast processing of results so that we can get people into lock down quickly if required.
Depends on where you go but there is only so much capacity and so many pathology labs in Melbourne. They are also looking at interstate I understand. The decision that everyone undergoing elective surgery must now be tested and cleared before surgery is putting a lot of pressure on pathology labs at public hospitals and changing the test result timing for them as well.
Even so being tested at a public hospital with it’s own pathology lab onsite will generally get you a result quicker but you will probably also wait longer in line to get tested.
i know that the volumes at some labs have increase 5 fold from 2-3 weeks ago.

Thought there would be more comment on the cases halving..It's great news.

I feel like one day (especially being a weekend) could be a bit more of an outlier than it seems. A few more and I'll happily join in, but for the time-being will bite my tongue.

For what it's worth I think you've had the best/most balanced commentary from all sides of the spectrum in the past few months out of anyone in this thread. I'm hoping to celebrate a bit of good news soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah good number for one day but only one day, let's hope it keeps up.

Still seems quite busy out there. My partner went out to get bread, milk etc and said the roads were almost normal for a Saturday. I went out a bit later for a couple of things and it seemed a little quieter than usual but not much.

This is not even close to as quiet as the first lockdown.

If it continues they will make the rules harsher.

DS

Yeah good number for one day but only one day, let's hope it keeps up.

Still seems quite busy out there. My partner went out to get bread, milk etc and said the roads were almost normal for a Saturday. I went out a bit later for a couple of things and it seemed a little quieter than usual but not much.

This is not even close to as quiet as the first lockdown.

If it continues they will make the rules harsher.

DS

Yeah I agree, went out earlier too and wasn't too dissimilar to a normal weekend. I did notice a lot more people wearing masks compared to the last lockdown.

Thought there would be more comment on the cases halving..It's great news.
The cases didn't halve. There's 217 more cases than yesterday.

The situation is worse than it was yesterday.

It's also a one day measurement and doesn't really mean anything.

The cases didn't halve. There's 217 more cases than yesterday.

The situation is worse than it was yesterday.

It's also a one day measurement and doesn't really mean anything.

Daily new cases halved. Don’t be pedantic.

My wife's receptionist took 9 days to get her results back last week. Tested Tuesday 7th didn't results til Wednesday 15th.
The problem with that is that if your receptionist does not isolate in that period, if she contracts it through that 9 day period she won't know.