Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Victoria will be overtaking Germany soon, Germany had only 486 new cases a couple of days ago .

Yeah, not good.

All the talk of masks, distancing etc. The solution is to stay at home unless you have a damned good reason to go out.

DS

One of the most concerning aspects of the press conference this morning was Sutton elaborating on the long term health effects that this virus can have.
It's one thing to catch it & survive but it's leaving a lot of scars. Some of the after effects are quite horrible. I sure don't want to catch it.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
One of the most concerning aspects of the press conference this morning was Sutton elaborating on the long term health effects that this virus can have.
It's one thing to catch it & survive but it's leaving a lot of scars. Some of the after effects are quite horrible. I sure don't want to catch it.

Yes this is one reason why the herd immunity strategy is completely flawed.

Reactions: 2 users
My wife was about to leave for Costco when on the news we heard you can only shop in your suburb - Costco is at least 2 Postcodes away... do the new rules mean that she can't go? Nothing clear on the Vic gov website that I could find.

My wife was about to leave for Costco when on the news we heard you can only shop in your suburb - Costco is at least 2 Postcodes away... do the new rules mean that she can't go? Nothing clear on the Vic gov website that I could find.
The answer is: if there’s a supermarket closer to home use that one.

Stage 4 Sunday is the mail
Doubtful, IMO. I dont think the numbers at this point, a bit over a week into lockdown, are too surprising. I think they would either need to skyrocket in the next day or 2, or continue to slowly increase for another 4 or 5 days before they will drastically increase restrictions.

US case rate rate makes Victoria's look like a drop in the ocean by comparison. 77,000 cases in total overnight.
The ratio of states like Texas & Florida are massively worse what we have.
If people here do the right thing we still have a chance to get on top of it..

US case rate rate makes Victoria's look like a drop in the ocean by comparison. 77,000 cases in total overnight.
The ratio of states like Texas & Florida are massively worse what we have.
If people here do the right thing we still have a chance to get on top of it..
Yes. On a population basis that is the equivalent of Australia having about 5800 cases a day. Given most of our cases are in an area that is about 18% of the national population it is food for thought however.