Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Donuts again. Suppression/elimination doesn't work eh?
Tremendous result. But let's not forget the cost. There are hundreds of thousands of people whose lives have been irrevocably changed for the worse because of this second wave. Both in terms of the health impact and economic impact.

The authorities should be applauded for the response in getting us to where we are now. It is just a crying shame that we needed it in the first place.

That said we are very lucky that we live in this wonderful country. We can recognise that mistakes get made but we support the resolution no matter how much it gives us the *smile*. We are also very lucky we live on an island. Those poor people in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Americas...............

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
No I think Dan could win in the middle of a third wave. he has an amazing knack of delivering what people value. In this case reducing the cases ... Most people are more concerned with the outcome than the cause, and as many Belive it was not his fault.
Yeh, Andrews the hero will be the narrative. He's a smart politician. He called an inquiry he knew would supply a couple of fall guys (whilst willing to sacrifice a bit of face) and he stayed the course with the lockdown despite it not necessarily being popular. He knows people have the memory of goldfish and he'll probably be able to revise history enough to make the second wave more a product of viral contagion than governing incompetence.

His China endorsement may end up being more problematic for him.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We should close the border with NSW until they have zero cases for sustained period of time.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We should close the border with NSW until they have zero cases for sustained period of time.
Whilst it may sound funny it's actually worth some thought. NSW has more active cases of community transmission than we do now and there is an outbreak in SW Sydney that they appear to be struggling to contain. We have been through so much to get where we are now and have paid a massive price. Just imagine a 3rd wave caused by transmission from a person who has travelled from NSW!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Whilst it may sound funny it's actually worth some thought. NSW has more active cases of community transmission than we do now and there is an outbreak in SW Sydney that they appear to be struggling to contain. We have been through so much to get where we are now and have paid a massive price. Just imagine a 3rd wave caused by transmission from a person who has travelled from NSW!
Our borders should remain closed until the rest of the country has results like ours. There's plenty of great places in VIC you can visit for a holiday.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Our borders should remain closed until the rest of the country has results like ours. There's plenty of great places in VIC you can visit for a holiday.
To be fair I believe it is only NSW that has community transmission. Pretty sure all active cases in other states are quarantined returned overseas travellers.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
To be fair I believe it is only NSW that has community transmission. Pretty sure all active cases in other states are quarantined returned overseas travellers.
Agree - let's lock out NSW.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Zero again, how good is that:

Averages down:
7 Day Trailing ave: 0.29
5 Day Centred average (2 Nov): 0.00
14 Day Trailing average: 1.36

I'm seeing numbers over 90,000 a day in the USA, not quite 100,000. Their 7 Day Trailing average looks to be between 85,000 and 90,000 and rising.

Europe still looking bad especially the UK and Italy.

Sweden are getting much bigger numbers.

Now all we need to do is sort the international borders, not simple.

DS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Zero again, how good is that:

Averages down:
7 Day Trailing ave: 0.29
5 Day Centred average (2 Nov): 0.00
14 Day Trailing average: 1.36

I'm seeing numbers over 90,000 a day in the USA, not quite 100,000. Their 7 Day Trailing average looks to be between 85,000 and 90,000 and rising.

Europe still looking bad especially the UK and Italy.

Sweden are getting much bigger numbers.

Now all we need to do is sort the international borders, not simple.

DS
Yep we're gonna have to isolate ourselves from the rest of the world for a long while unfortunately

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Trump is set to announce a free vaccine for all that will cure COVID "very soon".
In fairness to him, it is only the conspiracy from the medical community that meant the vaccine wasnt freely available before the election.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In fairness to him, it is only the conspiracy from the medical community that meant the vaccine wasnt freely available before the election.

True, it was only because of all that clinical testing that the vaccine couldn't be released immediately. You could release the vaccine without clinical testing to treat the cases that don't exist because you didn't do any patient testing.

So we could have had a working vaccine with no covid cases. JOB DONE

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
NSW managed for most of the crisis without one.
But still decided it was a good idea?, is it universal, standardised system there ?
Given the amount of movement now allowed in the community now I wonder how any system could cope... An individual could go into a dozen different places in a day....exponential number of potential contacts?