Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

But still decided it was a good idea?, is it universal, standardised system there ?
Given the amount of movement now allowed in the community now I wonder how any system could cope... An individual could go into a dozen different places in a day....exponential number of potential contacts?

Isn't this sort of thing what the Covid Safe app was supposed to do?? How much value did Scomo get out of that? Its so *smile* that we've changed tack and gone down the QR code route but allow people to enter whatever data they want, so how is that useful.

If they then get you to set this up properly, its almost the start of a national identify card that you'd use to scan where you've been, but then you would get millions of people complaining about losing their freedoms.

I'm not sure what the best solution is to be honest.

Reactions: 1 user
ABC reporting that doctors and unions are requesting data on hospital acquired COVId but govt doesn't have the stats ready to release yet. But they managed to keep a very accurate daily track on aged care cases.

ABC reporting that doctors and unions are requesting data on hospital acquired COVId but govt doesn't have the stats ready to release yet. But they managed to keep a very accurate daily track on aged care cases.
They were always pretty clear when reporting health care stats that they werent reporting numbers acquired in health care settings, but numbers of staff/patients infected. 2 different things. they also said it was hard in some cases to know where infection was acquired.

Watching the news coming out of the UK. On the eve of lockdown no.2, Brits took the last opportunity for a while to go wild clubbing, drinking, hugging, dancing, kissing and rooting. Basically their last chance for a debaucherous night out for a while. Pubs were spilling out onto the streets, running dry of grog. Looked like a scene from new year's eve. :mhihi

Watching the news coming out of the UK. On the eve of lockdown no.2, Brits took the last opportunity for a while to go wild clubbing, drinking, hugging, dancing, kissing and rooting. Basically their last chance for a debaucherous night out for a while. Pubs were spilling out onto the streets, running dry of grog. Looked like a scene from new year's eve. :mhihi

Said that would happen to my sister at the weekend who lives in the UK.

The issue is that the UK I don't believe are in a State of Emergency / Disaster like we are in Australia so everytime they want to go into lockdown they need to go to parliament for approval which means notification occurs with a fair amount of days so people can plan what to do in their last few days of "freedom".

There will likely be a continued spike in cases in the UK until at least halfway through their lockdown, 4 weeks is kind of pointless really.

• Sad
So the hotel quarantine inquiry which can't get answers from anyone in positions of responsibility is recommending Victoria resumes accepting arrivals from overseas who will be allowed to "self-quarantine" at home.

And people say Trump is crazy...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
So the hotel quarantine inquiry which can't get answers from anyone in positions of responsibility is recommending Victoria resumes accepting arrivals from overseas who will be allowed to "self-quarantine" at home.

Yeah heard that this morning. Makes me nervous.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

That's madness. Slightly less than 50% of total active cases in Oz are from o/s arrivals currently in hotel quarantine. Giving them the ability to "Self-Quarantine" would be extreme stupidity.

• Angry

That would be the most idiotic thing I have seen in my lifetime if that happens. Do they actually want a 3rd wave? Do they want to lock down the state again?

Granted home quarantine would only be for those who tested negative; those who tested would be sent to a quarantine hotel that would be set up like an infectious ward at a hospital.

But still there is such a thing as a false negative test and what's to say we can trust people to quarantine properly for the full 14 days. Given how the 2nd wave occurred I'd suggest there is no way we can trust people.

This plan has more *smile* holes than Swiss cheese and is absolutely imbecilic.

A whole week of zero cases, great result but the challenge of opening will start soon and that is where it will get hard. Lots here saying Hotel quarantine didn't work and having a go at a proposed alternative of home quarantine. If Hotel quarantine didn't work what would you suggest we do, to either make it work, or what alternate quarantine do you suggest?

Anyway the averages are looking very good:
7 Day Trailing average: 0.0
5 Day Centred average: 0.0
14 Day Trailing average: 1.29

DS

This can't be true

• Angry
A whole week of zero cases, great result but the challenge of opening will start soon and that is where it will get hard. Lots here saying Hotel quarantine didn't work and having a go at a proposed alternative of home quarantine. If Hotel quarantine didn't work what would you suggest we do, to either make it work, or what alternate quarantine do you suggest?

DS

But you have to take a further step back.

We tried home quarantine and it didn't work, so we moved to hotel quarantine and it didn't work. Going back to the 1st option when we have proven that it didn't work (hence why we moved to hotel quarantine) seems a very stupid decision.

But you have to take a further step back.

We tried home quarantine and it didn't work, so we moved to hotel quarantine and it didn't work. Going back to the 1st option when we have proven that it didn't work (hence why we moved to hotel quarantine) seems a very stupid decision.
we must take a hard approach with returned travelers - they must be forcefully locked up and isolated for minimum of 14 days. No ifs or buts

Reactions: 2 users

DS
I've stated my stance on quarantine many times and I think you've posted that you are of the same mind. We need a dedicated quarantine facility/camp where returned overseas travellers must remain for a minimum 14 day period and they can not be released until they have received a negative test result after 14 days.

Given what we have been through the home quarantine plan is idiotic at the very least.

Reactions: 3 users
I've stated my stance on quarantine many times and I think you've posted that you are of the same mind. We need a dedicated quarantine facility/camp where returned overseas travellers must remain for a minimum 14 day period and they can not be released until they have received a negative test result after 14 days.

Given what we have been through the home quarantine plan is idiotic at the very least.
100% idiotic .
Home quarantine would be far worse than hotel quarantine.
( my view )

Yes, I have consistently said I favour a dedicated quarantine facility.

Just some around here seem to have short memories and refuse to answer the question put to them, or they just try and deflect by being nasty.

Interesting to see how those criticising various quarantine options have no ideas of their own.

DS

This is surely the only logical solution to take with returning travellers?

This is surely the only logical solution to take with returning travellers?
Logic has seemed to be in very short supply with much of the decision making during this pandemic. If they decide on the idiotic home quarantine policy they may as well just drop every current restriction and let us all run amok and do whatever we want.

Home quarantine is just asking for another wave. Considering what we have been through and how far we have come I am staggered that it is even under consideration. Pure unadulterated insanity.

• Angry