Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Logic has seemed to be in very short supply with much of the decision making during this pandemic. If they decide on the idiotic home quarantine policy they may as well just drop every current restriction and let us all run amok and do whatever we want.

Home quarantine is just asking for another wave. Considering what we have been through and how far we have come I am staggered that it is even under consideration. Pure unadulterated insanity.
Perhaps they want another wave. Why else suggest it?

yeah, sounds like fake news to me. No-one would support this - not the feds, not the state government, not the health authorities, and not the general public.

yeah, sounds like fake news to me. No-one would support this - not the feds, not the state government, not the health authorities, and not the general public.
Mmm. Not fake news it seems. It has been handed down as part of the interim enquiry into hotel quarantine. It has been reported in the HUN but all Murdoch Press is corrupt and factually inaccurate at all times apparently so I thought I'd better check the ABC news site for accuracy. Surprisingly they are reporting the same thing. The report has also found the botched quarantine program cost $195m; money well spent no doubt. Awesome result.

The report does recommend stringent security for home quarantine which is only for those that test negative as well as electronic monitoring. But we all know there are false negatives and given the history I have zero faith in the Victoria authorities to control such a program. The very idea is just insane.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Mmm. Not fake news it seems. It has been handed down as part of the interim enquiry into hotel quarantine. It has been reported in the HUN but all Murdoch Press is corrupt and factually inaccurate at all times apparently so I thought I'd better check the ABC news site for accuracy. Surprisingly they are reporting the same thing. The report has also found the botched quarantine program cost $195m; money well spent no doubt. Awesome result.

The report does recommend stringent security for home quarantine which is only for those that test negative as well as electronic monitoring. But we all know there are false negatives and given the history I have zero faith in the Victoria authorities to control such a program. The very idea is just insane.

They're going to monitor those in "home quarantine" with smartphone technology and ankle bracelets?
That should work out well.
They must think the Police have nothing better to do than run around looking for people who've decided home is boring.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll join Karen and her southern cross mates protesting at the shrine if they botch this and try to lock us down again.

Good research Rids, thanks for daring to go onto the lefty infested ABC. Will be interesting to see how it's implemented.

I wish they'd hurry up, I want to come home and don't really fancy having to quarantine in Sydney or Perth.

Good research Rids, thanks for daring to go onto the lefty infested ABC. Will be interesting to see how it's implemented.

I wish they'd hurry up, I want to come home and don't really fancy having to quarantine in Sydney or Perth.
I'm ambidextrous ant.

So the hotel quarantine inquiry which can't get answers from anyone in positions of responsibility is recommending Victoria resumes accepting arrivals from overseas who will be allowed to "self-quarantine" at home.

And people say Trump is crazy...
What else would you expect from a report written by a bunch of lawyers?

Logic has seemed to be in very short supply with much of the decision making during this pandemic. If they decide on the idiotic home quarantine policy they may as well just drop every current restriction and let us all run amok and do whatever we want.

Home quarantine is just asking for another wave. Considering what we have been through and how far we have come I am staggered that it is even under consideration. Pure unadulterated insanity.
Every time a government calls an enquiry before it even starts they say we will implement 100% of their recommendations. Over to you Premier.

Yep saw it on the news and they said it matter of fact. Get ready for a 3rd wave. Enjoy your christmas and freedom while you can.

So the hotel quarantine inquiry which can't get answers from anyone in positions of responsibility is recommending Victoria resumes accepting arrivals from overseas who will be allowed to "self-quarantine" at home.

And people say Trump is crazy...
Dont worry, the word from the US is that a vaccine will come the day after the US election. Trump said it, so it must be true.

14 Day average under 1, we seem to have i under control for the moment and active cases were under 10.

DS

Zero cases again today. What are you looking forward to the most after more restrictions are eased?

Only 4 active cases left in Vic. Should be zero in next couple of days. Imagine there are still a few positives who haven't been tested, and this is where the danger lurks when opening up again. Still need masks, and distance for a while yet.