Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Where would you expect them to do this? If you are talking army barracks etc (and I agree that we should have rural locked down quarantine facilities where workers are treated more like FIFO than daily workers), but interested to know where you think the VIC government can actually set these up?

This should be a federally run system, but Scomo has basically sat back and allowed the states to do their thing, there has been a significant lack of a federal policy around covid.
Dunno, but with the billions wasted and lost I'm sure they can find somewhere or build it from scratch.

*smile* off. Your poor missus told me that she thought there was an earthquake at your joint the other night. Turns out it was just you snoring and farting!

She was talking about herself, not me you idiot ! Bloody Snuppers.....one big air bubble.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Dunno, but with the billions wasted and lost I'm sure they can find somewhere or build it from scratch.

I agree we should do something, but IMO we should be using army barracks etc. Would be simple, already setup for hospitals / accomodation etc, but using them is a federal decision. Its the downside of having 2 systems of government between the feds and the states.

Its out in the community. What more evidence do you want?

This is under their watch.....again.

So none then. I'll note that AFAIK no-one in the media has been able to pin this outbreak down to an error in process. Even Scomo praised the work the professionals were doing this morning.

Hotel quarantine by its nature is clearly a flawed process, even the base variant has escaped it, let alone this more infectious variant. There should be Commonwealth managed remote quarantine facilities across the country.

Reactions: 4 users
So none then. I'll note that AFAIK no-one in the media has been able to pin this outbreak down to an error in process. Even Scomo praised the work the professionals were doing this morning.

Hotel quarantine by its nature is clearly a flawed process, even the base variant has escaped it, let alone this more infectious variant. There should be Commonwealth managed remote quarantine facilities across the country.

Good post Ian.

In an ideal world we would be a little higher up in the vaccine queue than we are, but we've dealt with this before and will do so again this time around.

Hopefully this lockdown is no more significant than the recent examples in SA, WA, QLD and NSW.

Tennis players are considered essential workers :rotfl2:rotfl2

Yes let's lock the entire state down and stop small business owners from earning a living, yet again, but it is absolutely essential that tennis players continue to play a game that no one can go and watch, when they shouldn't be here in the first place, just so they can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars and potentially more.

Sounds very legitimate. Nice one Dan.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Good post Ian.

In an ideal world we would be a little higher up in the vaccine queue than we are, but we've dealt with this before and will do so again this time around.

Hopefully this lockdown is no more significant than the recent examples in SA, WA, QLD and NSW.
Not sure small business owners who have already had their livelihood decimated by previous lockdowns will take much solace in this. But yes hopefully it is very short term pain this time around.

Yes let's lock the entire state down and stop small business owners from earning a living, yet again, but it is absolutely essential that tennis players continue to play a game that no one can go and watch, when they shouldn't be here in the first place, just so they can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars and potentially more.

Don't think this outbreak had anything to do with tennis players, more to do with returned travellers. Particularly those that use nebulizers despite being told not to.

He didn't say they were at least not when I was listening. One journalist tried to play gotcha on that but he never said only essential workers can go to work, if he did he clarified it when the journalist asked that question, the rule is if you can work from home you must not, essential workers.

And moan about it too during the process Chumpley !

Well, guess I am just going to have to sit at home and drink beer and watch sport and the races for the next 5 days. Devo. At least experience is on my side.

Don't think this outbreak had anything to do with tennis players, more to do with returned travellers. Particularly those that use nebulizers despite being told not to.
You are correct. But you don't see the hypocrisy in letting prima donna spoilt brat international athletes ply their trade for millions of dollars on Australian soil whilst a small business owner can't open his shop and earn a living? Or the hypocrisy of letting them come in the first place all the while thousands of Aussies overseas can't get home? Or when Victorians on holiday 50km over the NSW border weren't allowed to return to their own homes but the tennis players are getting all expenses paid quarantine in luxury hotels?

Exactly what benefit is this tennis tournament giving anyone? Aside from the players themselves.

So the tennis continues. Yet if you run a small business in country Vic where you've never had a case of covid you can't open? A John McEnroe quote springs to mind.

Reactions: 2 users
He didn't say they were at least not when I was listening. One journalist tried to play gotcha on that but he never said only essential workers can go to work, if he did he clarified it when the journalist asked that question, the rule is if you can work from home you must not, essential workers.
Millionaire international tennis players can ply their trade for millions in potential earnings over the next 5 days. The local family owned cafe that has already been through enormous lockdown pain has to shut yet again and earn limited or no income.

Sounds fair Dan.

Reactions: 1 users
So the tennis continues. Yet if you run a small business in country Vic where you've never had a case of covid you can't open? A John McEnroe quote springs to mind.
Staggering decision making by this government.

But we can't have the poor tennis players not be able to earn their millions can we?

Millionaire international tennis players can ply their trade for millions in potential earnings over the next 5 days. The local family owned cafe that has already been through enormous lockdown pain has to shut yet again and earn limited or no income.

Sounds fair Dan.
nah, surely the tennis will be cancelled, no?