Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
What is it about Victoria that allows the virus to spread so quickly in comparison with other states?

The UK strain escaped hotel quarantine in both QLD & WA yet there was no community transmission in either state. I think the QLD woman passed onto her husband and that's it. The WA bloke didn't pass it on to anyone despite driving Ubers whilst infectious.

Both had a lockdown did they not?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
What is it about Victoria that allows the virus to spread so quickly in comparison with other states?

The UK strain escaped hotel quarantine in both QLD & WA yet there was no community transmission in either state. I think the QLD woman passed onto her husband and that's it. The WA bloke didn't pass it on to anyone despite driving Ubers whilst infectious.
Think they did snap lock down after only 1 case and told other states to lock their borders to their own respective states

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
When are heads gonna roll for another hotel quarantine *smile* up?

how are hotel staff workers allowed to freely go to work and go home to their families ?

put the ring of steel around the hotels FFS !!

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Victoria is just unlucky. Again.
Ha. I had someone last night tell me that he thinks Victoria was unlucky with Covid. When I enquired as to why he said “compared to NSW who had a carefree attitude “. I had no response.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

how are hotel staff workers allowed to freely go to work and go home to their families ?

Where would you expect them to do this? If you are talking army barracks etc (and I agree that we should have rural locked down quarantine facilities where workers are treated more like FIFO than daily workers), but interested to know where you think the VIC government can actually set these up?

This should be a federally run system, but Scomo has basically sat back and allowed the states to do their thing, there has been a significant lack of a federal policy around covid.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Think they did snap lock down after only 1 case and told other states to lock their borders to their own respective states
Yeah but they would have already been infectious by the stage but still didn't transmit to others as has happened in Vic.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Yeh, surely at some stage they measure the costs of these shut downs and committ some proper planning and resources to it.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sounds like Andrews wants to change the hotel quarantine system anyway with this being the UK variant.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Mask wearing outdoors is *smile* *smile*. Should only be necessary if you can not physically distance in a crowd.

If you are walking in your neighbourhood and don't go within metres of people it is completely unnecessary.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Mask wearing outdoors is *smile* *smile*. Should only be necessary if you can not physically distance in a crowd.

If you are walking in your neighbourhood and don't go within metres of people it is completely unnecessary.

Our "experts" seem to have different advice to other states "experts" in this regard. Masks outdoors walking your dog with no one around?