Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
All
How’d you go Caesar Salad ? Any reactions ? Did you get anything to protect yourself from Mr Burnside or people like Chimpley and jbdumbo3 ?
All good, no reactions but the information sheet said reactions are more likely after 2nd jab.

Even though I had proof that i fell into the 1b category on health grounds I were surprised that the clinic i went to didn't ask me to produce it.

My regular GP wasn't doing the vacinations so I just rang a couple of clinics that were and got straight in at CoHealth Collingwood.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
All

All good, no reactions but the information sheet said reactions are more likely after 2nd jab.

Even though I had proof that i fell into the 1b category on health grounds I were surprised that the clinic i went to didn't ask me to produce it.

My regular GP wasn't doing the vacinations so I just rang a couple of clinics that were and got straight in at CoHealth Collingwood.

Very good then.

If you go to that health engine website you’ll find that there’s a few places you can get into pretty quickly if you’re prepared to travel a bit eg 30 mins in the car.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
All

I would have thought your job as PRE training reporter would have meant you were Category 1A.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
How is the slow rollout not being talked about every day on every platform?

Reactions: 1 users

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
How did this get out ?

Now saying that its spread to Byron Bay.
Apparently, nobody knows...

From the ABC:

Late Sunday night, a Princess Alexandra Hospital nurse who worked in the COVID-19 ward tested positive – the second public hospital frontline health care worker to contract the virus this month.

Tests are yet to confirm whether she was infected at work. Like the doctor, she had not been vaccinated.

The nurse's sister is also positive. Health authorities say they do not know where she was infected, but Dr Young says the two women were recently in Byron Bay while infectious.

However, I'm prepared to have a guess: too many COVID positive people arriving, and then staying, in the major cities of Australia.

And how can there be a suggestion she wasn't infected at work? It's ridiculous.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

From the ABC:

Late Sunday night, a Princess Alexandra Hospital nurse who worked in the COVID-19 ward tested positive – the second public hospital frontline health care worker to contract the virus this month.

Tests are yet to confirm whether she was infected at work. Like the doctor, she had not been vaccinated.

The nurse's sister is also positive. Health authorities say they do not know where she was infected, but Dr Young says the two women were recently in Byron Bay while infectious.

However, I'm prepared to have a guess: too many COVID positive people arriving, and then staying, in the major cities of Australia.

Geez...

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

From the ABC:

The article doesn’t say there is a suggestion that it wasn’t caught at work, you have to read what it says properly. The source of her infection can’t be officially confirmed without genetic testing results which will be available shortly. The assumption that she caught it nursing in a COVID ward may well be true but cannot be confirmed until that test result is in.
However it should also be noted that the reason she wasn’t vaccinated is because she was on leave so I wonder how long it has been since she was actually in that ward? My understanding is that is what is puzzling the authorities as it is possible she may have caught it from a co-worker which can also only be confirmed when all the staff test results are in.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Pretty concerning given it's the UK strain of the virus. We've done very well here in Aus but no guarantees we get on top of it this time.
Anyway as Scoop says this is more about the treacle like roll out now than quarantine breaches.
Hurry up with the vaccines already..

Been saying its way too slow for some time now.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Stories about the government's sex predators sell more papers than stories about their sloth and incompetence.

Nurses and doctors still not vaccinated. *smile* hopeless.

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Quarantine. The only source of new infections. What a joke it hasn't been managed better. You can carry on about vaccine rollout, but we could stop it at the source if we did/had done quarantine properly. That's the biggest failure of the current federal government. The states have made mistakes but ultimately its the biggest national security issue we have and its scomo's biggest failure IMO.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Got to think it's a matter of time before the border closes.

If so then there should be strong messaging from the Vic Gov and Sutton right now to: a) stay in Victoria and; b) if you're in Qld (and maybe NSW too) to strongly consider getting home right now and mitigate as best as possible any potential post Xmas like type of situation where we had thousands stranded. Not to mention preventing potential spread into Victoria again.....

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Got to think it's a matter of time before the border closes.

This lockdown will last longer than 3 days. its gonna be a long easter in Brisbane.

If so then there should be strong messaging from the Vic Gov and Sutton right now to: a) stay in Victoria and; b) if you're in Qld (and maybe NSW too) to strongly consider getting home right now and mitigate as best as possible any potential post Xmas like type of situation where we had thousands stranded. Not to mention preventing potential spread into Victoria again.....

to be fair, Sutton was on radio yesterday and his message seemed pretty strong to me.

But this is where people need to be on their game. I've travelled 4 times interstate this year, one of which i had to delay by 24 hours because of the 5-day lockdown here. I have couple of family members who are critical of me for doing this. they've told me it’s too risky, you could get stuck up there if there is a case, etc. Especially because my mum is sick. But you’re fine if you’re smart about it.

For example, we first knew about this issue in Brisbane on Friday. People from Brisbane had to leave the footy in Geelong on friday. If you are from Melbourne and still holidaying in Brisbane 4 days later, I have no sympathy for you if you get stuck. I would have been on the first available flight out on Friday.

Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
The way this rollout is going we won't be finished until October 2022 and then we'll have to start all over again with a vaccine for the mutant versions