Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
In the Australian today.
"In fact, according to The Australian, “at the current rate, the most vulnerable will not be vaccinated until June 2023 and the full population not until October 2024”.
Probably not that bad but people are seeing through Morrison and Hunt's spin.
Morrison is so dumb with these big statements to make himself look good.
Under promising & over delivering is the way to go but he always does it in reverse.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Going to have to agree to disagree on this one Ezy. I'm a massive supporter of the musicians & that festival. It's a brilliant event as you well know. :)

Even without the big acts though there's too much uncertainty up there now for mine.

With cases & alerts in Byron they should arguably be in lock down like Brisbane is.
Will watch with interest over the coming weeks.
Hopefully they get it under control..

Exactly right.
As far as I can tell, Byron has 0 active cases.

Further, Im pretty sure there are no obstacles to me driving from Byron to Richmond on Friday and go to the MCG this Saturday to watch the tigers?
No, an active community transmission case in Byron was announced today. And as ToOheys suggests, it would be irresponsible to be having large scale, close proximity events as a result.

And yes, there are obstacles. The Byron Shire is now a designated orange spot which I think means that if you want to drive from Byron to the MCG this week you've probably left your run too late because you: a) need a permit and; b) then need testing within 72 hours of getting here and need to stay in iso until you get a negative result. So yeah, there's obstacles.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Clickbait.
Production and efficiency will go up over time.
You're basing that on Morrison's record/rhetoric?
Anti LNP article in The Australian? That's got to be as first.
Even as a long time LNP voter I can see they've failed to setup any sort of quarantine, they've consistently overpromised and underdelivered, they've failed us.
Too much spin, not enough action.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Exactly right.

No, an active community transmission case in Byron was announced today. And as ToOheys suggests, it would be irresponsible to be having large scale, close proximity events as a result.

And yes, there are obstacles. The Byron Shire is now a designated orange spot which I think means that if you want to drive from Byron to the MCG this week you've probably left your run too late because you: a) need a permit and; b) then need testing within 72 hours of getting here and need to stay in iso until you get a negative result. So yeah, there's obstacles.

Fair enough, guess i wont go to bluesfest or the footy?

And i wont ever try navigate the rules on govt websites again, ill just post my draft itinery on here :D

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Fair enough, guess i wont go to bluesfest or the footy?

And i wont ever try navigate the rules on govt websites again, ill just post my draft itinery on here :D

Have an outdoor bbq instead and watch the Tiges with a few mates. Better.

1617166249281.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If the majority of Australians are not vaccinated by election time, never mind 2023 or 2024, it will be a rout.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
In better news for EZY ty2E, the dude who tested positive contracted it from the Brisbane chicks he was sitting next to at the hotel, but his 3 mates he was with didn’t.

Just remains to be seen if anyone else in the hotel or Byron has though.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Reading a few articles that emergency workers are being slow to take up getting the vaccine. Why can’t we mandate you don’t work unless you have the vaccine.
Because its against human rights.....

No forced medical procedures without lawful and informed consent, especially untried and unproven or experimental procedures.

Post Nuremberg and for very good reason.

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Vaccination centres are storing some of the vaccine they've received so they'll have a second dose to administer to those who've received the first in case something goes wrong with the supply lines. For this reason the rollout is steadily ramping up rather than jumping straight to full speed.
I can tell you as a fact Lee that many public hospitals are doing this but not for the reason you suggest. It is because the frontline health workers and hotel quarantine workers had the Pfizer vaccine as their first dose and stocks need to be held back so that their 2nd dose can also be Pfizer.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I can tell you as a fact Lee that many public hospitals are doing this but not for the reason you suggest. It is because the frontline health workers and hotel quarantine workers had the Pfizer vaccine as their first dose and stocks need to be held back so that their 2nd dose can also be Pfizer.
Same net result, two doses in but only one administered.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
In better news for EZY ty2E, the dude who tested positive contracted it from the Brisbane chicks he was sitting next to at the hotel, but his 3 mates he was with didn’t.

Just remains to be seen if anyone else in the hotel or Byron has though.
Just pray it doesn't get into Mullumbimby.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Same net result, two doses in but only one administered.
Yes but my point is they are doing the right thing. It is incredibly important that these people are properly vaccinated being at the front line.
Its not done in case something goes wrong, it was planned that way for quite a while as the Astra Zeneca vaccine was the one that was going to be supplied in volume ( was is the key word!)
I would be surprised if there is deliberate hoarding of astra Zeneca in the hospital system but I certainly don’t have visibility of the whole state

Reactions: 1 users