Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

2% of Australians vaccinated so far. 2%.
Its just *smile*. As a country we are failing big time - it’s only our island and closed border status that sees us in the fortunate position that we are at the moment - and even that’s not guaranteed to last.

This country needs to get vaccinated, and quickly, if we ever want to regain a reasonable amount of normalcy, safety, prosperity.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting reading some people’s reactions to getting the jab - all of which are minor to non existent which is good. I had a real strange experience.

Apart from a short and minor ache at the injection site, I didn’t get any adverse re- action... I got the opposite. A positive reaction ! Hah hah hah...

Ive got a bit of arthritic and joint degeneration stuff going on around my body. Before I had the first shot I’d been playing golf. I came home, sat down, was as stiff and sore as all hell. When I left a few hours later to drive to the GP’s I felt *smile*. Anyway, got the shot, came home, and within an hour felt the best I’d felt in ages. No stiffness. No soreness. Nothing. Gone.

About 2 days later I reverted back but it was as weird as all *smile*.
Very weird, maybe some sort of placebo effect from getting a jab? Cool.

Also my reaction wasn't minor, thought i was going to die for about half an hour. I am a big sook though.

Reactions: 1 user
Its just *smile*. As a country we are failing big time - it’s only our island and closed border status that sees us in the fortunate position that we are at the moment - and even that’s not guaranteed to last.

Saw that Taiwan was having similar issues to us. Having locked down successfully they are taking it too casually on vaccinations. Risk is most of the developed world will be vaccinated and open before us now.

Very weird, maybe some sort of placebo effect from getting a jab? Cool.

Also my reaction wasn't minor, thought i was going to die for about half an hour. I am a big sook though.
Suffer from man flu also ? Not casting aspersions though. I crack it when I stub my toe on anything. Geez I go off for ages...

Saw that Taiwan was having similar issues to us. Having locked down successfully they are taking it too casually on vaccinations. Risk is most of the developed world will be vaccinated and open before us now.
Refer the USA. Horrendous handling of matters pre vaccine, but now, going bang busters with vaccine numbers and undoubtedly will be the first and biggest rebounders out of this pandemic.

Where have you read this? I read that it’s 7% in the below.

Because we chose AZ, only 2% are fully vaccinated with the required 2 jabs. 13% have had a single jab.

Last edited:
My mum had her jab. Fine the day of, next day woke up fine, then an hour after waking up about 10.30, chills, couldn’t warm up, felt nauseous, cold sweats. Went back to bed, napped on and off till 2.30 ish. By 3.30, felt fine. Fine the next day.

Last edited:
My mum had her jab. Fine the day of, next day woke up fine, then an hour after waking up about 10.30, chills, couldn’t warm up, felt nauseous, cold sweats. Went back to bed, napped on and off till 2.30 ish. By 3.30, felt fine. Fine the next day.
Standard. If not well above standard (blood clots immensely rare but not withstanding).

Looks like a lockdown from Friday to Monday night in Vic.
That's the rumoured leak coming out.
Seems logical.
Hopefully controlled by early next week.

Something very peculiar in all this contact tracing.

My wife and I were in Bendigo over the weekend so checked when I heard it mentioned this morning.

Only site listed is a hairdresser for 30 minutes on Saturday and a pub at Axedale on Sunday.

Are they really suggesting someone travelled 2 and a half hours from Melbourne to Bendigo for a 30 minute haircut and didn't go anywhere else, then returned to Axedale on Sunday for an hour and a half funtion at the pub?
Then I hear for one of the footy cases they didn't know how he travelled home. WTF? I can't remember what I had for lunch but I know how I travelled to the footy or to work for the last month.

I think the fact that they've been able to trace all the cases to a common source has them keeping their fingers crossed that it can be contained. The minute they start getting random spotfires, they'll call it.

b2Ws3K9.jpg
Need to wear masks in family settings is what that tells me. Yet that is the only mask free place even under the worst restrictions.

Did anyone hear from Scomo yesterday? Will we hear from him today? Sounds like he's ducking for cover. Probably busy trying to find a way to deflect the blame onto the Labor States again.

Well not this time Slowmo, this one's on you. Take some responsibility for once instead of constantly giving us weasel words.