Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Pfizer about 90% effective and Astrazeneca about 60% against Indian variant but NOT UNTIL FULLY VACCINATED.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it is time for all Australians to understand that having zero breaches in hotel quarantine over a long time is very very difficult, if not impossible. That risk would certainly be reduced in Howard springs type facilities but will not be zero.
It is worth noting that there has never been a breach from a hotel for covid positive people in victoria and that’s because they are run by hospitals with a large resource commitments and cost. We can’t run all hotels like that because there simply isn’t enough staff for that and staffing a hospital system that is cracking at the seams now.
There is only one answer and that’s mass vaccination, not just a here but all over the world. That is the only ticket out of this, unless we want to live as semi prisoners in our own country.
Our number one priority has to to be vaccination. Get vaccinated please everyone and if you can’t because you don’t fit the criteria then lobby the politicians, make some noise !!!
We need our Government(s) to get moving

Reactions: 3 users
With Marvel and the Norf game now a confirmed exposure site, along with ever increasing amounts of other sites and positive cases, just announce a lockdown already so that we can hopefully dodge another bullet.

This thing is moving quickly. Just announce it.

There was a flight from Turkey earlier this week I think, 200+ Australians, flew into Darwin and everyone is at Howard Springs.

On Howard Springs, who is running it? Federal Government or NT ?
I think there is a section run by the NT gov for domestic travellers (not much need these days) and the Feds run the section for international arrivals

I think it is time for all Australians to understand that having zero breaches in hotel quarantine over a long time is very very difficult, if not impossible. That risk would certainly be reduced in Howard springs type facilities but will not be zero.
It is worth noting that there has never been a breach from a hotel for covid positive people in victoria and that’s because they are run by hospitals with a large resource commitments and cost. We can’t run all hotels like that because there simply isn’t enough staff for that and staffing a hospital system that is cracking at the seams now.
There is only one answer and that’s mass vaccination, not just a here but all over the world. That is the only ticket out of this, unless we want to live as semi prisoners in our own country.
Our number one priority has to to be vaccination. Get vaccinated please everyone and if you can’t because you don’t fit the criteria then lobby the politicians, make some noise !!!
We need our Government(s) to get moving

100%

This thing is moving quickly. Just announce it.
I think the fact that they've been able to trace all the cases to a common source has them keeping their fingers crossed that it can be contained. The minute they start getting random spotfires, they'll call it.

b2Ws3K9.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I think the fact that they've been able to trace all the cases to a common source has them keeping their fingers crossed that it can be contained. The minute they start getting random spotfires, they'll call it.

b2Ws3K9.jpg
We’re gonna need to get very lucky given the amount of exposure sites this infectious cohort have been to. Very lucky. Seems the length of time between becoming infectious, and then being tested as positive is considerable, and that in between a huge amount of exposure sites were created.

Bkakeky reckons it’s too late and too big to contact trace now and to get under control. It’s already got ahead of the curve so move to a lockdown now. That’s good enough for me.

Bkakeky reckons it’s too late and too big to contact trace now and to get under control. It’s already got ahead of the curve so move to a lockdown now. That’s good enough for me.
Yeah we'll need luck, but all known cases have been traced. Wait and see is sensible at this stage.

Ultimately you don't need the government to tell you to lockdown. You lock yourself down to protect you and your family. Though make sure you do one final toilet paper run

Ultimately you don't need the government to tell you to lockdown. You lock yourself down to protect you and your family. Though make sure you do one final toilet paper run
Yeh, hopefully everyone is conditioned now to do the right thing. I'd hope anyone with gatherings planned don't breach the rules and strongly reconsider get togethers. And everyone scans in wherever they go to assist contact tracing. A couple of weeks of discipline and we should be OK again.

Pfizer about 90% effective and Astrazeneca about 60% against Indian variant but NOT UNTIL FULLY VACCINATED.

Yeah but that study pointed out that effectiveness relevant to hospitalisation and or death is likely to be higher - how much higher though, who knows.

Another thing to remember is that you're not resistant to COVID if you've only had the first shot. There's a worrying false sense of security in some people who think the first shot helps.

In Singapore, you're not officially classed as vaccinated until 2 weeks after the second shot.

Another thing to remember is that you're not resistant to COVID if you've only had the first shot. There's a worrying false sense of security in some people who think the first shot helps.

In Singapore, you're not officially classed as vaccinated until 2 weeks after the second shot.
The first shot does actually help, just that you don’t get maximum effectiveness until you’ve had two.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah but that study pointed out that effectiveness relevant to hospitalisation and or death is likely to be higher - how much higher though, who knows.
Get my 2nd jab of Astra on 16th June, can't come quick enough.

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting reading some people’s reactions to getting the jab - all of which are minor to non existent which is good. I had a real strange experience.

Apart from a short and minor ache at the injection site, I didn’t get any adverse re- action... I got the opposite. A positive reaction ! Hah hah hah...

Ive got a bit of arthritic and joint degeneration stuff going on around my body. Before I had the first shot I’d been playing golf. I came home, sat down, was as stiff and sore as all hell. When I left a few hours later to drive to the GP’s I felt *smile*. Anyway, got the shot, came home, and within an hour felt the best I’d felt in ages. No stiffness. No soreness. Nothing. Gone.

About 2 days later I reverted back but it was as weird as all *smile*.

Interesting reading some people’s reactions to getting the jab - all of which are minor to non existent which is good. I had a real strange experience.

Apart from a short and minor ache at the injection site, I didn’t get any adverse re- action... I got the opposite. A positive reaction ! Hah hah hah...

Ive got a bit of arthritic and joint degeneration stuff going on around my body. Before I had the first shot I’d been playing golf. I came home, sat down, was as stiff and sore as all hell. When I left a few hours later to drive to the GP’s I felt *smile*. Anyway, got the shot, came home, and within an hour felt the best I’d felt in ages. No stiffness. No soreness. Nothing. Gone.

About 2 days later I reverted back but it was as weird as all *smile*.
Sounds like our players should be injected 17/6 before we play West Coast, then get the second jab 25/9.

That was pretty much the case in Melbourne today. I had to head to the airport but roads were very quiet. We're getting used to staying put.