Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
If you're in south east melbourne the mass vaccination centre at Sandown racecourse is open and running efficiently, 30 mins to got through the whole process. I spoke to a nurse who works there last night, they are significantly underutilized.
Bewdy, that's where I planned to go. Walk in or book?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Bewdy, that's where I planned to go. Walk in or book?

I did it at the Shed but it was a walk-in, give your details, get the jab, wait 15 minutes for any immediate adverse reaction then out of there. If Sandown is underutilised your experience should be similar

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
As I just saw on social media its worth noting that there hasn't been a case of transmission at an outdoor event in Australia and its extremely rare worldwide. Obviously if public transport was used that would be a concern.
Despite all the learned predictions of super spreader events. On that interesting watching the US Open golf, packed galleries, no masks in a state still recording 300 new cases a day. I m thinking they won't be any worse off next week.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Something very peculiar in all this contact tracing.

My wife and I were in Bendigo over the weekend so checked when I heard it mentioned this morning.

Only site listed is a hairdresser for 30 minutes on Saturday and a pub at Axedale on Sunday.

Are they really suggesting someone travelled 2 and a half hours from Melbourne to Bendigo for a 30 minute haircut and didn't go anywhere else, then returned to Axedale on Sunday for an hour and a half funtion at the pub?
Was thinking the same thing this morning.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I suspect the contact tracing is filling in gaps so maybe we will get some more sites around Bendigo as they find out. I do recall last year authorities having trouble with getting full details of travel from people.

I think it was on the radio yesterday that the guy who was positive, but only got tested a week later, did try to get tested but they turned him away. My partner tried to get tested at one point last year and was told she didn't have enough symptoms. FFS if someone wants to get tested just shove the probe up their nose and do it.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Something very peculiar in all this contact tracing.

I reckon there's always a peculiar element to it,

and I think its because people are peculiar.

I dont profess to know much about epidemiology, and I largely have faith in the pros,

but I dont get it??? its seems a bit like the MRP mostly to me.

they shut Bluesfest down on 1 case, let the footy go on 12 cases?

not saying bluesfest should have gone ahead. I totally get the precautionary principle.

im just surprised they are going with footy crowds.

How long until we have vaccine passports and no jab, no entry

you reckon?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Went to the supermarket about an hour ago. It was pleasing to see every single person inside the entire centre was wearing a mask.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

I dont profess to know much about epidemiology, and I largely have faith in the pros,

but I dont get it??? its seems a bit like the MRP mostly to me.

they shut Bluesfest down on 1 case, let the footy go on 12 cases?

not saying bluesfest should have gone ahead. I totally get the precautionary principle.

im just surprised they are going with footy crowds.

How long until we have vaccine passports and no jab, no entry

you reckon?

I understand your angst with Bluesfest which is a great gig, but that might be due to the number of people traveling interstate to go there so any infections from Bluesfest would go everywhere. The football will be a more local crowd, although we are playing Adelaide and a few will come over for the game.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

exactly. Maybe they went to Bendigo, got the haircut, stayed with friends or at home til Sunday when they went to the pub. Not everyone wants to spend their days trawling around shopping malls or going to 15 locations a day. What I find peculiar is going to Chadstone or Highpoint for any reason whatsoever.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Just speaking a few minutes ago to some people that I do some work with in Swan Hill. They've got large groups of people up there (netball club and others) that have just been told to self isolate after a confirmed case in Cohuna nearby. (This Cohuna case hasn't yet been disclosed to the public by the Gov and VicHealth.)

This thing is moving real quick.

• Wow
  • Sad
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
We've now had 17 hotel quarantine breechs from every state in Australia both Liberal or Labor. This latest one that's affecting Victoria stemmed from South Australia.
At what point does this Federal Government step up & build purpose built quarantine facilities?
Hotel Quarantine is clearly no longer adequate for a more contagious, airborne disease that has changed substantially since the Federal agreements were made with the states in March 2020.
There has been ample time to build purpose built facilities but this inept Government has sat on it's hands & done virtually NOTHING except pass the buck.
Outbreaks are now on them. Businesses shutting down is now on them. Functions & events being shut down is now on them. People dying & getting sick is now on them.
Stop buck passing & deflecting, show some leadership & either stop planes bringing infected people home or build adequate Q facilities because most of us have had enough of life being disrupted.

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We've now had 17 hotel quarantine breechs from every state in Australia both Liberal or Labor. This latest one that's affecting Victoria stemmed from South Australia.
At what point does this Federal Government step up & build purpose built quarantine facilities?
Hotel Quarantine is clearly no longer adequate for a more contagious, airborne disease that has changed substantially since the Federal agreements were made with the states in March 2020.
There has been ample time to build purpose built facilities but this inept Government has sat on it's hands & done virtually NOTHING except pass the buck.
Outbreaks are now on them. Businesses shutting down is now on them. Functions & events being shut down is now on them. People dying & getting sick is now on them.
Stop buck passing & deflecting, show some leadership & either stop planes bringing infected people home or build adequate Q facilities because most of us have had enough of life being disrupted.

Or roll out a better vaxx program. We can't stay closed forever.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I shouldn’t comment when I don’t know the facts , however this is PRE :)) Anyway has Micheal Slater had anything to sa about the latest outbreak

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There was a flight from Turkey earlier this week I think, 200+ Australians, flew into Darwin and everyone is at Howard Springs.

On Howard Springs, who is running it? Federal Government or NT ?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

:rotfl1

maybe 6 weeks out from an election, if they were behind in the polls, they'de publish plans for a hermetically sealed offshore super-plex Q station,

that they wouldn't build.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users