Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah 5 separate apartment complexes across Richmond, Cremorne, Hawthorns and Camberwell. Going back a week in some cases. Not confirmed but fair chance they are linked to the Prahran market exposure (my opinion only).

But all of them Tier 2 exposure sites. I'm still not sure how they characterise the difference between Tiers 1 & 2 in some cases.
The Hawthorns ? That's in West Bromwich in England you dill Chumpley.

Wake up to yourself.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
She's not going to vaccinate her way out of it. That's a diversion from the behaviour required.

No she won't, but vaccination is part of the solution. Lockdowns on their own won't solve the problem longer term. Vaccination is an even higher priority now than it was three months ago, in all states.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The Hawthorns ? That's in West Bromwich in England you dill Chumpley.

Wake up to yourself.
I was merely articulating that there are 2 affected apartment complexes in Hawthorn you dud. I was pluralising for the sake of expediency.

Now go back to bed.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Is this the 1st outbreak in Sydney in that SW suburbs area (Fairfields / Canterbury-Bankstown / Liverpool area)?

Was thinking about this today, where people were asking, why have VIC always struggled with outbreaks and its been hard to answer. Maybe it really does come down to luck. Every outbreak we have had in VIC has originated in the Northern suburbs, where the population tends to move between properties far more, live in multi age home settings and work in lower paid employment (remember all the meat processing facilities etc that were mentioned in last years outbreak).

The current outbreak has happened in a similar economic / social area as our outbreak last year, much more so than the Northern beaches outbreak that was controlled (ie. more people can work from home, lower numbers of people per home etc).

So I'm hypothesizing here, but was Gladys just lucky last year and earlier this in terms of the locality that the outbreaks have occurred in in Sydney compared to Melbourne?

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Think he is largely talking about Norman Swan.
And 80% of PRE experts with the below

The NSW government has tried to navigate a middle road in pandemic policy combining excellent testing, tracing and isolation measures with a strong desire to maintain the principle of proportionality in this response. Unfortunately, the Delta variant showed the limitations of this approach. The philosophy of the risk-averse experts is self-fulfilling. Complain long enough that a government hasn’t gone hard and fast enough, and eventually you will get it right, no matter how wrong you have been in the past.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Think he is largely talking about Norman Swan.
Also the Indian lady who he has shared the floor with on Q&A a couple of times. She was anti AZ and didn’t hold back almost advising against it. She does have expertise in the area though.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
And 80% of PRE experts with the below

The NSW government has tried to navigate a middle road in pandemic policy combining excellent testing, tracing and isolation measures with a strong desire to maintain the principle of proportionality in this response. Unfortunately, the Delta variant showed the limitations of this approach. The philosophy of the risk-averse experts is self-fulfilling. Complain long enough that a government hasn’t gone hard and fast enough, and eventually you will get it right, no matter how wrong you have been in the past.

MD Jazz I know you've praised Gladys a lot over the distance. Was this the 1st outbreak in NSW in the SW Sydney area compared to places like the Northern Beaches? Ie. where the socio economic demographic of the area is similar to the Northern suburbs of Melbourne where we have seen pretty much every outbreak in Melbourne.

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Which ‘plan for a plan’ version are we up to now ?
Let's see.

There was the initial Look Important On TV Every Day Plan (abandoned, too much like work)
The Get Greg Combet To Work It Out Then Take The Credit Plan
The Go To The Footy When Victoria's Locked Down Plan
The Get The Premiers To Do It Plan
The Take My Pedo Mate To Meet Trump Plan (denied)
The Bring My Personal Photographer Into "Quarantine At Qirribilli" Plan
The Cubby House Plan
The Blame Victoria Plan
The Curry Plan
The Threaten The Media Plan
The Try To Screw Pfizer Plan
The Blame ATAGI Plan
The Jen And The Girls Plan
The Take Another Holiday Plan
The Go Missing And Get Hair Plugs Plan
The Announce Something As New That's Not New Plan
The Announce A Plan Plan

Probably missed a few.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Let's see.

There was the initial Look Important On TV Every Day Plan (abandoned, too much like work)
The Get Greg Combet To Work It Out Then Take The Credit Plan
The Go To The Footy When Victoria's Locked Down Plan
The Get The Premiers To Do It Plan
The Take My Pedo Mate To Meet Trump Plan (denied)
The Bring My Personal Photographer Into "Quarantine At Qirribilli" Plan
The Cubby House Plan
The Blame Victoria Plan
The Curry Plan
The Threaten The Media Plan
The Try To Screw Pfizer Plan
The Blame ATAGI Plan
The Jen And The Girls Plan
The Take Another Holiday Plan
The Go Missing And Get Hair Plugs Plan
The Announce Something As New That's Not New Plan
The Announce A Plan Plan

Probably missed a few.

Was the "I did not *smile* in a Maccas car park" a plan or unplanned?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Was the "I did not *smile* in a Maccas car park" a plan or unplanned?
So relatable. Just an ordinary p155 stains on the front, sh1t stains on the back, baseball cap, beer in hand, at the footy, holdin a drill bloke like me. That's all I need to know, I'm not into politics.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Also the Indian lady who he has shared the floor with on Q&A a couple of times. She was anti AZ and didn’t hold back almost advising against it. She does have expertise in the area though.

Norman Swan is not anti AZ, he had AZ himself including taking the second dose early.

Hilariously (kinda) they are now saying second AZ after 4 weeks and Pfizer after 12.