Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Not sure there is much more she can do now other than a "ring of steel" and travel restrictions like a 5km radius. She should do both but I'm not sure it will make a huge difference. It is clear that people in Sydney are ignoring the restrictions and still having family gatherings which appears to be the main source of transmission. Until people start abiding by the restrictions things won't improve. If the police get heavy handed and start enforcing the restrictions then all the bleeding hearts will start crying about persecution.

Do the right thing people of Sydney.
Gladys is still bleating mixed messages, regularly using 'Freedom' & 'lockdowns' in the same sentence. The people of Sydney need leadership. She's a fence sitting populist. All it amounts to is confusion.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Certainly sounds like that. Kerry Chant just commented that "Delta is so much faster than what we've seen before, before we can get to those families to tell them to isolate, they are already infectious".
That should be a reason to limit people from being in the community as much as possible.
When numbers were at their highest in Vic it wasnt contact tracing that brought numbers down, it was people not being out and about, only shopping when they had to for the absolute essentials, great mask compliance etc.
the virus can be as fast transmitting as it likes but if positive cases dont have contact with others they cant transmit it.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Gladys is still bleating mixed messages, regularly using 'Freedom' & 'lockdowns' in the same sentence. The people of Sydney need leadership. She's a fence sitting populist. All it amounts to is confusion.

Agree. Chant is talking about harder lockdowns right now, Gladys is talking about 31st July, and even just said it could lead to release of restrictions in some settings. Its ridiculous how much of a mixed message she is sending.

If there is 1 thing you can say about Dan, he was always very very clear with us where we were at. Regardless of how that meant he was perceived by the people of Victoria.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If & when an antivaxxer gets Covid, I wonder if they expect "society" & the Public health system to look after them.

Or should they just lie back in their homes & expire, excercising their rights to not be a burden on the society they thumb their noses at.

I think I know the answer.
Yep. In time, when availability to be vaxxed has been there for an extended period, there'll be a huge national societal divide between the anti-vaxxers and vaxxed. Hopefully the numbers of the former don't stay too high for too long (personally don't think they will), but if they do, there'll be this chasm and there will be death, sickness, life restrictions etc. in that particular group as the rest of the country looks to move on.

The article I posted earlier about the USA reflects that stage over there right now. Incredibly, Fauci is asking the vaxxed to wear masks in order to protect the chosen non-vaxxed as that group starts to re-create mayhem. Can't see too many vaxxed people doing that.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Agree. Chant is talking about harder lockdowns right now, Gladys is talking about 31st July, and even just said it could lead to release of restrictions in some settings. Its ridiculous how much of a mixed message she is sending.

If there is 1 thing you can say about Dan, he was always very very clear with us where we were at. Regardless of how that meant he was perceived by the people of Victoria.
The whole 'based on health advice' is a ruse. Chant now being more honest & going off script. She needs to for her reputaton's sake as Gladys will have no issue throwing her under the bus.
Very clear who's calling the shots here & it's not the Dr.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The whole 'based on health advice' is a ruse. Chant now being more honest & going off script. She needs to for her reputaton's sake as Gladys will have no issue throwing her under the bus.

Agree. All of last year Gladys was "we we we" indicating that she was driving the bus. It gets away from her, and constantly she refers to the "health advice".

Lockdown wasn't Glady's fault, it was the health advice.
The deaths weren't Glady's fault, it was the health advice.
Your freedoms have been taken away from you not because of Gladys, but the health advice.

So many similarities to the PM.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Actually thats a myth. A number are pro Vax. But lets not let the facts get in the way. NSW health minister made bad assumptions too. yr not him are u?

Are you ever going to put some effort into trying to explain your stance? Why you think it's wrong to differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated? Dartboards and democracy don't really give us any insight.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah she's performed poorly. But she has also consistently told people not to visit family yet they continue to do it.

At some stage people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions. It's not that hard.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If & when an antivaxxer gets Covid, I wonder if they expect "society" & the Public health system to look after them.

Or should they just lie back in their homes & expire, excercising their rights to not be a burden on the society they thumb their noses at.

From what I can gather, when an antivaxxer gets COVID, they suddenly become pro-vaccine and urge their family and friends to get vaccinated. For some though, it ends up being their dying wish.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah she's performed poorly. But she has also consistently told people not to visit family yet they continue to do it.

At some stage people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions. It's not that hard.

This is why the 5KM limit and the curfew was brought in for Victoria.

It is about human behaviour, not virus behaviour.

Our system of government does not encourage people taking responsibility, you hear people say "It's not illegal, therefore I can do it" - responsibility outsourced to government and then complaints when governments impose restrictions. We should be able to take responsibility and consider the whole community when acting, but the system does not encourage this. We are seeing the limits of outsourcing responsibility.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
This is why the 5KM limit and the curfew was brought in for Victoria.

It is about human behaviour, not virus behaviour.

Our system of government does not encourage people taking responsibility, you hear people say "It's not illegal, therefore I can do it" - responsibility outsourced to government and then complaints when governments impose restrictions. We should be able to take responsibility and consider the whole community when acting, but the system does not encourage this. We are seeing the limits of outsourcing responsibility.

DS
Exactly.

When Dan first introduced the Curfew in our big lockdown, my first instinct was "WTF? Does he think the virus is nocturnal?". Then after a few moments of reflection I realised it made sense.

Not only did it make it more real, it put a halt to those family gatherings. Much easier for the cops to pull over anyone outside, then guess who is going shopping.

Gladys should consider it now. But Ego will probably rule again.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne

Im not anti vax ( since another poster cant wk it out) but do u expext any criminal who might get injured be refused treatment and left to die??

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
The problem is tho, the vaccines are not 100% effective. less people transmit, and less people get critically ill, but some still do. others wont be able to get vaccinated for health reasons.
if 100k are allowed at the G, with no limits on unvaccinated going, we will end up with heaps of the virus in the community putting many people at risk.

it will be a choice between letting those vaccinated to go, or keeping tight limits on numbers.
Option 2 thanks.

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Are you ever going to put some effort into trying to explain your stance? Why you think it's wrong to differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated? Dartboards and democracy don't really give us any insight.
Ok how's this. Do u think people should be rewarded by police ( since they are asking people) by dobbing in protester? Great citizens of the community stuff.

I have no issue with cops arresting or doing their job at the protests.

Im anti protests under these current health conditions ( in fact the BLM 1 example ) shldve have be fined or arrested in line how the govt had dealt with many other protests.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Chant is stupid. Gladys is 100% setting her up to be the scapegoat, but i don't think she can see it. every day Gladys says "our decisions are based on medical advice." To paraphrase, she is saying "don’t blame me, blame the advice we have been given." If she had any brains, Chant would get in first and quit before she is thrown under the bus.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Chant is stupid. Gladys is 100% setting her up to be the scapegoat, but i don't think she can see it. every day Gladys says "our decisions are based on medical advice." To paraphrase, she is saying "don’t blame me, blame the advice we have been given." If she had any brains, Chant would get in first and quit before she is thrown under the bus.

Its so obvious isn't it. She was always we, we, we when things were going well. Now any chance she gets, its "the health advice" or "Dr Chants health advice" etc.

There is a clear difference between that and the VIC approach, which seems more collaborative, either they all do well, or they all fall under that bus. Gladys is looking for her scapegoat and has been since the outbreak began and she found her very easily.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ok how's this. Do u think people should be rewarded by police ( since they are asking people) by dobbing in protester? Great citizens of the community stuff.

I have no issue with cops arresting or doing their job at the protests.

Im anti protests under these current health conditions ( in fact the BLM 1 example ) shldve have be fined or arrested in line how the govt had dealt with many other protests.

What has any of that got to do with restricting event access to only the vaccinated, which is what we're talking about?