Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Stick to the facts. You started the Nazi innuendo, wear it.

I equate people who choose not to get vaccinated with people who drink drive. A danger to society, not just to themselves. Irresponsible pricks.

No mention of incarceration or mandatory vaccination. But I have no issue with mandatory vaccination as long there isn't a real medical concern, I have my TB scar as many of us would.

You jumped in and started started sprouting concentration camps and final solutions. That's purely on you.
You realise that repeat offenders go to prison? Wear the logical conclusion to your claims. You don’t seem to mind Nazi comparisons when you label people climate change deniers incidentally.

Morrison had three jobs.

1. Commonwealth is responsible for quarantine. Outsourced it to the states and then played cheap politics rather than accepting responsibility for doing its job, Shamed into actually doing its bit in funding a quarantine Centre at Mickleham a mere 18 months after the pandemic hits, Here's the kicker. They reckon they can get it up to 50% capacity by Christmas FAIL

2. Protect the people in Aged care facilities it is responsible for regulating. 650 out of the 800 odd that died in the Victorian second wave were in Commonwealth Government regulated aged care centres FAIL

3. Roll out of the vaccines. 14.5% of Australians fully vaccinated 37th out of 38 OECD countries FAIL

Reactions: 5 users
Slippery slope if you punish the unvaccinated.

Fact: Those with comorbidities more likely to be infected and suffer serious consequences - Do we start fining/jailing the obese or metabolically challenged

Fact: Those with low levels of Vitamin D more likely to be infected and suffer serious consequences - Do we start fining/jailing those with low vitamin D levels.

The obese and those low in Vitamin D are a threat to me in that they increase the risk of transmission. They (in general) do have avenues available to them to rectify their situation. Where do we draw the line on "social and community responsibility"

Reactions: 1 user

Fact: Those with comorbidities more likely to be infected and suffer serious consequences - Do we start fining/jailing the obese or metabolically challenged

Fact: Those with low levels of Vitamin D more likely to be infected and suffer serious consequences - Do we start fining/jailing those with low vitamin D levels.

The obese and those low in Vitamin D are a threat to me in that they increase the risk of transmission. They (in general) do have avenues available to them to rectify their situation. Where do we draw the line on "social and community responsibility"

We draw a line once everyone has a faIR chance to get it.

The folks that spread misinformation are powerful. People denying they have COVID until they are intubated. Insane. https://apple.news/AmFsR_nqGRAKL50iQX33q0w

The folks that spread misinformation are powerful.
You are right there. Anthony Fauci admitted he deliberately lied when he advised Americans at the start of the pandemic not to wear a mask to ensure the supplies available went to health workers. I wonder how many Americans were convinced by his misinformation and caught covid or died as a result.

• Angry
You are right there. Anthony Fauci admitted he deliberately lied when he advised Americans at the start of the pandemic not to wear a mask to ensure the supplies available went to health workers. I wonder how many Americans were convinced by his misinformation and caught covid or died as a result.

Hadn't heard that, interesting. Of course they would have been much worse off if frontline health workers were dropping like flies due to lack of PPE.

Hadn't heard that, interesting. Of course they would have been much worse off if frontline health workers were dropping like flies due to lack of PPE.
That is a really really scary response Ant. Sort of the ends justifies the means. A few casualties (the poor fools who believed him) are acceptable if we win the war. If your job is to give the nation health advice on how to deal with a pandemic I would have thought truth (and the welfare of those you advise) would be a pre requisite. Mr Fauci may have greater sins to seek absolution for in future.

Yeh, I'm all for people getting vaccinated but can understand reluctance, especially those with higher risk or reactions. It should still be a choice.

That is a really really scary response Ant. Sort of the ends justifies the means. A few casualties (the poor fools who believed him) are acceptable if we win the war. If your job is to give the nation health advice on how to deal with a pandemic I would have thought truth (and the welfare of those you advise) would be a pre requisite. Mr Fauci may have greater sins to seek absolution for in future.

I haven't seen where he confessed this, I'll do some googling lamby. Agree that lying is never good, a better approach would have been to say that frontline health workers get priority on PPE. And I would support frontline workers getting priority on PPE and vaccination 100%

I think you need to put fauci comments in the context of what was known at the time. It’s always easy to criticise in hindsight as what Is taken as common knowledge now wasn’t necessarily common knowledge when the comments or decisions were made.

draw your own conclusion.

Reactions: 3 users
Trolley problem is difficult. Put it the other way and you are advocating to kill thousands to save a few. That is scary too.

agree truth better and then also preserving supplies for front line workers and is same result. No different to prioritising vaccines. Per my post above I don’t think he knew the beat advice at that stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Plenty of questions about various aspects of Fauci's involvement that I'm not sure have been formally addressed, let alone resolved.