Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

that was a terrible analogy that left out the fact that you have to wait four months for the "good" beer, if you don't have a beer now you might die, you having a beer now will protect others who for medical reasons can't have a beer, and if everyone doesn't have a beer soon the economy is going to shut down.

Oh, and we don't have a beer we have to stay locked up in our houses for indefinite periods. Oh, and 13 people in NSW in the last month have died because they didn't have the beer.

Also the beer is free
Agree with your points. It’s a good analogy from a marketing perspective that people focus and anchor on the headline. so I’d reframe what is relevant about it that way.

Reactions: 1 user
The problem with public awareness campaigns is often that the authorities don't trust you if they give you a full picture. A nuanced view of the situation in Israel shows that the pfizer is much less effective in stopping Delta infections but still good at preventing serious adverse events. The CDC however doesn't trust the population with seeing a 39% number and keeps it at 93% in their official stats. Another example of infantilising the population. Easier just to show Scott Cam having a jab.

Last edited:
Official vaccine advice is that Pfizer is preferred for people under 60 but AstraZeneca can be used "where the benefits clearly outweigh the risk for that individual and the person has made an informed decision based on an understanding of the risks and benefits".

Do you think getting vaccinated ASAP should be made compulsory? Why/why not?

I did you the courtesy of answering your question, still waiting for you to answer mine.

I get your sentiment, and kinda agree.

But it's already a cat that can't be stuffed back into the bag.

And in reality, it's not just a brand name.

It's like if you needed to build a shelf, and I said 'You can have this Mikita drill in three weeks, or this Ozito drill in 3 months. And the Ozito drill has a one in a hundred thousand chance of killing you."

I'd take option 1 every day of the week.

Unless option 1 was not available, and I really needed the shelf. Then you take what you can get.

But the brand matters even more if you're offered Sinovac's AA powered Tonka My First Drill.

Shouldn't it be the other way around, you can have tha Ozito in 3 weeks & the Makita in 3 months, they both have possible side effects, the Ozito may kill you one way but the Makita may do it in another.
Either way you may have shelves or you may be dead. :oops:

If you are deliberately choosing to be a threat to society, you should be treated like others who are a threat.

Drunk drivers the perfect parallel

Not really, not driving drunk doesn't mean you have to undergo a medical procedure, even a minor one like a vaccination.

With that sort of attitude Polio would still be rampant in society.

True anti-vaxxer like talk

Antman and Ezy being anti-vaxxers has certainly been an unusual turn of events in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Shouldn't it be the other way around, you can have tha Ozito in 3 weeks & the Makita in 3 months, they both have possible side effects, the Ozito may kill you one way but the Makita may do it in another.
Either way you may have shelves or you may be dead. :oops:

The three weeks vs three months refers to the time between shots.

Up until recently, all studies have shown Pfizer to have higher effectiveness than AZ in pretty much all situations.

But that worm is turning slightly the more real world data comes in, especially with the prevalence of delta.

If both were available to me, I'd still choose the mRNA shot over the adenovirus shot(if we wanna ignore brand names).

But it's much of a muchness. And the reality is, both aren't available to me. And the worst option to choose is nit being vaccinated at all. Which is why I got AZ. By the way, I own and still use an OZITO drill too.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The three weeks vs three months refers to the time between shots.

Up until recently, all studies have shown Pfizer to have higher effectiveness than AZ in pretty much all situations.

But that worm is turning slightly the more real world data comes in, especially with the prevalence of delta.

If both were available to me, I'd still choose the mRNA shot over the adenovirus shot(if we wanna ignore brand names).

But it's much of a muchness. And the reality is, both aren't available to me. And the worst option to choose is nit being vaccinated at all. Which is why I got AZ. By the way, I own and still use an OZITO drill too.

All good Ct
If I had a choice I'd have gone for Pfizer, but the AZ was in my age range so that was it, but as you say it's all much of a muchness. I'd rather be vaccinated than not.

All good Ct
If I had a choice I'd have gone for Pfizer, but the AZ was in my age range so that was it, but as you say it's all much of a muchness. I'd rather be vaccinated than not.
I had a choice between Pfizer and Moderna. I went Moderna.

Had Pfizer #1 Wednesday morning, minor soreness in arm, (forgot, and had jab in shoulder I sleep on), but otherwise no issues.

That's a fairly ugly comment.

Christmas Island will suffice.
Thought so. Maybe we should also give them all a uniform to wear and individually badge them with a number so they can be easier to identify? What do you think the final solution should be?

Thought so. Maybe we should also give them all a uniform to wear and individually badge them with a number so they can be easier to identify? What do you think the final solution should be?

Again, the whole Nazi angle of your statements are ugly and quite frankly offensive. If you think they are funny or clever you're sadly mistaken.

But ultimately, I think the Government should raise property taxes to fund a mandatory vaccination programme for the good of society. Really, only the government can be trusted to do this for our own sakes.

Again, the whole Nazi angle of your statements are ugly and quite frankly offensive. If you think they are funny or clever you're sadly mistaken.

But ultimately, I think the Government should raise property taxes to fund a mandatory vaccination programme for the good of society. Really, only the government can be trusted to do this for our own sakes.
I don’t think I have been funny or clever I have found your comments disgraceful frankly. You are basically suggesting millions of people should be incarcerated as repeat drink drivers would be and also approve mandatory vaccination. How do you actually propose that should work? Once millions of people are locked up they are chained up and injected against their will?

I'm under 60, I took the AZ vaccine not because I was "scared" of covid, but because it's the right thing to do and will get us out of lockdowns and back to normality sooner the faster we all can be vaccinated with one of the many effective vaccines.
Im scared of covid. I took the vaccine because I don’t want to die of covid. The rest is a bonus. I think everyone should get vaccinated. But if you choose not to don’t expect any sympathy if you get it.

I don’t think I have been funny or clever I have found your comments disgraceful frankly. You are basically suggesting millions of people should be incarcerated as repeat drink drivers would be and also approve mandatory vaccination. How do you actually propose that should work? Once millions of people are locked up they are chained up and injected against their will?

Stick to the facts. You started the Nazi innuendo, wear it.

I equate people who choose not to get vaccinated with people who drink drive. A danger to society, not just to themselves. Irresponsible pricks.

No mention of incarceration or mandatory vaccination. But I have no issue with mandatory vaccination as long there isn't a real medical concern, I have my TB scar as many of us would.

You jumped in and started started sprouting concentration camps and final solutions. That's purely on you.