Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

That's shithouse. That is a major tax payer funded government project. Where are the Worksafe inspectors and other authorities enforcing the regulations?? If you can't get compliance on a government project what hope have you got?

yeah i have been seriously considering dobbing them in. I can't even say anything to them while wearing my work uniform.

I’ve got an old woman next door to me who goes and visits her family each and every day - including during the peak, hard core lockdown periods.

They’re everywhere.

I've noticed old people seem to be the worst for wearing their masks properly. The amount of noses I can see from old people. Do they somehow think they cannot breathe anything in through their noses?? Don't they realise they are the most at risk.

Yesterday I had to go for an MRI (1st time I've had one that was weird AF) and mostly the younger people in the hospital were doing the right thing, checking in, wearing masks properly. The older either don't have phones or refuse to check in (making it hard for contact tracers if it does break out) and as I said, don't wear their masks correctly.

Reactions: 1 users
couple of things i'm hearing off the grapevine:

1. potential 3-day lockdown to be announced later today, but it depends on test results that flow through in the coming hours (4-6 more cases cases will confirm a lockdown and we already know of 2).
2. VIC Govt looking at restricting access to non-vaccinated people from entering premises at some point (around October).

Last edited:
What's the vaccination rate state by state?

Heard a stat on the radio this morning on the way to work, that TAS now has passed 50% vaccination rate for the first shot. Public health officials down here indicating 80% fully vaccinated by November in the island state at current rates. Is that pretty close to the overall average around the country?

We’re not following the regulations. Out and about this morning and yesterday, the amount of non mask wearing aholes was infuriating. Main offenders, combination of tradie blue collar guys everywhere and 50 plus year olds.
Same, a good percentage of Vic's not following rules at all and it only takes a few to set things snowballing unfortunately

Reactions: 1 user
What's the vaccination rate state by state?

Heard a stat on the radio this morning on the way to work, that TAS now has passed 50% vaccination rate for the first shot. Public health officials down here indicating 80% fully vaccinated by November in the island state at current rates. Is that pretty close to the overall average around the country?

16+ population
04/08

8,644,5061️⃣st Vaccination:Up 106,990
Australia41.92%
NSW: 43.04%
VIC: 42.92%
QLD: 37.68%
WA: 38.00%
SA: 42.07%
TAS: 49.20%
ACT: 49.41%
NT: 42.57%

4,174,0262️⃣nd Vaccination:(Up 112,102)
Australia20.24%
NSW: 20.44%
VIC: 20.29%
QLD: 19.34%
WA: 17.39%
SA: 20.23%
TAS: 25.70%
ACT: 24.43%
NT: 25.03%

It's all about vaccinations now. Only way out of this hell hole the country is in.
Still only near 20% of the country fully vaccinated.
When does that shipment of Pfizer arrive?
Roll up..roll up..

I've noticed old people seem to be the worst for wearing their masks properly. The amount of noses I can see from old people. Do they somehow think they cannot breathe anything in through their noses?? Don't they realise they are the most at risk.

Yesterday I had to go for an MRI (1st time I've had one that was weird AF) and mostly the younger people in the hospital were doing the right thing, checking in, wearing masks properly. The older either don't have phones or refuse to check in (making it hard for contact tracers if it does break out) and as I said, don't wear their masks correctly.
Seen plenty of the older generation pushing past check in sites at Coles in ill-fitting masks.
Think they're bullet proof.

It's all about vaccinations now. Only way out of this hell hole the country is in.
Still only near 20% of the country fully vaccinated.
When does that shipment of Pfizer arrive?
Roll up..roll up..

That’s always been the case since January 2020.

And our root problem is not people wearing masks. It’s not tradies, older people, border controls, removalists or whatever. They are all just symptoms of our root problem.

Our root problem is Scott Morrison and his terrible government’s inability to get this country vaccinated with any form of expediency and competency.

People need to remember this government’s incredible vaccine failure at the next election and what it’s meant to the country.

Reactions: 4 users
Even at 70% vaccinated, we'd be either locked down or overrun. There's no middle ground for long.

People need to stop looking for the finish line. Masks are here for the long haul.

Even at 70% vaccinated, we'd be either locked down or overrun. There's no middle ground for long.

People need to stop looking for the finish line. Masks are here for the long haul.

We need to be aiming for 80% and at least 95% of people older than 70

This is correct, but without vaccination there is no way out whatsoever. We still need to open schools, businesses and borders. 80-90% is considered the minimum viable now by most epidemiologists.

The idea that you could just lockdown, close borders and treat vaccination as "low priority" was a farce and we could all see that from January. Well, most of us.

If no ring of steel implemented Dan Andrews proving he is full of it. Tells NSW to put a ring of steel around Sydney. Can he follow his own advice?

4:15 presser i believe

If no ring of steel implemented Dan Andrews proving he is full of it. Tells NSW to put a ring of steel around Sydney. Can he follow his own advice?

for a 1 week lockdown? seriously?