Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
he is running the hospitals will be overrun scare again.

How is that a scare campaign?

From how I understand it, if a hospital has x number of ICU beds, and 1 is taken up with Covid, they won't use any of the other beds in that unit unless they are also Covid infected. Maybe @Sintiger can confirm that for us.

It its correct then that has a big impact on reducing capacity of ICU beds.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Well Wangaratta goes into lockdown.

Shouldn’t be too hard.

Regional Victoria leading vaccination rates.

In basic terms expect that we will be in
lockdowns until 70% are vaccinated.

At 70% to 80% he might consider other means.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
When are they gonna tell us how the teacher contracted the virus? Or has that already been announced?

I don’t know if this is right and can’t confirm, but I’m hearing she visited friends who had come back from NSW.

Also hearing from Vic Police sources that they’ve been told to prepare for a minimum 2 week lock down. This woman has caused absolute mayhem - its going to be a significant outbreak it sounds.

Anyway, again this is just the symptom of the real problem - an unvaccinated nation - on account of the worst prime minister in our country’s history.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I don’t know if this is right and can’t confirm, but I’m hearing she visited friends who had come back from NSW.

Also hearing from Vic Police sources that they’ve been told to prepare for a minimum 2 week lock down. This woman has caused absolute mayhem - its going to be a significant outbreak it sounds.

Anyway, again this is just the symptom of the real problem - an unvaccinated nation - on account of the worst prime minister in our country’s history.

Agree on vaccinations.

Did they say if she visited friends at a residence or in the community? If visiting friends at a residence, then 2 questions need to be asked. Why did she visit when people are not allowed visitors at their home, and were the friends in isolation after returning from NSW. If they were in isolation, how stupid can she be at going to visit people in isolation, what does she think ISOLATION means?

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Interesting that I was in Wangaratta last weekend.

That will probably just be the start!

I dunno. No further cases so far apart from the 2 announced this morning. i guess we'll wait and see, but they have locked down on day 2 this time. last time it was day 3.

let’s also not forget that masks are still compulsory everywhere and home visits banned.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Current Government has to go . This cannot continue. Small businesses in Melbourne will never ever return . Regional Victoria now on its knees . Today he shuts the entire Victoria down due to traces in sewerage in Wangaratta , really . People need to take the politics out of this discussion. More damage being done with the proposed solutions than the virus itself . I am sick to death of the politics that people side with . Tell you all something. The federal and state governments are all incompetent and corrupt . FACT !! What an embarrassment Australia has become . Stay safe people Look after yourselves . As federal and state governments won’t !!! .
( oh and the footy and races are still on this weekend, aren’t they . The virus is very sneaky , doesn’t affect them )

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Interesting that I was in Wangaratta last weekend.

I dunno. No further cases so far apart from the 2 announced this morning. i guess we'll wait and see, but they have locked down on day 2 this time. last time it was day 3.

let’s also not forget that masks are still compulsory everywhere and home visits banned.
Can only hope

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The reality is that, without high vaccination rates, when there is an outbreak, far less people will go out shopping anyway. Yes, a fair number will still go out shopping or the like, but it will be well down on normal. Best to get any outbreaks under control as quickly as possible and then try and open up again.

Meanwhile, get the bloody vaccines here so they are available. At the moment we simply don't need advertising to encourage people to vaccinate, plenty of people want the vaccination, it simply is not available in the numbers needed.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
The reality is that, without high vaccination rates, when there is an outbreak, far less people will go out shopping anyway. Yes, a fair number will still go out shopping or the like, but it will be well down on normal. Best to get any outbreaks under control as quickly as possible and then try and open up again.

Meanwhile, get the bloody vaccines here so they are available. At the moment we simply don't need advertising to encourage people to vaccinate, plenty of people want the vaccination, it simply is not available in the numbers needed.

DS
80% is impossible to achieve. Goal posts keep moving as well

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Well she had to get it somehow. And if it is not linked to any of the existing cases that they know about then there is a better than even money chance that she has become infected by doing something she shouldn't have been doing.

If that's the case it is outrageously shitful behaviour. But as we have seen on numerous occasions this sort of behaviour that actually spreads the virus goes completely unpunished by the VIC authorities. Much more interested in fining maskless people walking their dog at 9pm with no one else around.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
. Today he shuts the entire Victoria down due to traces in sewerage in Wangaratta , really .

Sorry for the edit but there was only one line i wanted to comment on. Only reason that there are traces in the Wangaratta sewerage is that our own @Mr Brightside had to have a massive dump after a recent financial windfall;) :)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Sorry for the edit but there was only one line i wanted to comment on. Only reason that there are traces in the Wangaratta sewerage is that our own @Mr Brightside had to have a massive dump after a recent financial windfall;) :)

He sold his lean to ?? Will start affecting coastal sewerage systems now closer to Melbourne. Geez.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
About due for another plan from Slomo, aren’t we?
Let’s see, there was the “COVID-19 vaccine and treatment strategy plan”,
then there was the “COVID vaccination allocations horizon plan”,
followed by the “3 step framework for a COVID safe Australia”,
which seems to have been replaced by the 4 step “National plan to transition Australia’s national COVID-19 response” (what the *smile* does that even mean???)

All brought to you by Scott “It’s not my job” *smile* Morrison

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Wanga-rona.

Its the hope that gets you, the hope that this is over. That things will get better. Won’t happen again.

But again until we all jab up, this is life.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Current Government has to go . This cannot continue. Small businesses in Melbourne will never ever return . Regional Victoria now on its knees . Today he shuts the entire Victoria down due to traces in sewerage in Wangaratta , really . People need to take the politics out of this discussion. More damage being done with the proposed solutions than the virus itself . I am sick to death of the politics that people side with . Tell you all something. The federal and state governments are all incompetent and corrupt . FACT !! What an embarrassment Australia has become . Stay safe people Look after yourselves . As federal and state governments won’t !!! .
( oh and the footy and races are still on this weekend, aren’t they . The virus is very sneaky , doesn’t affect them )
Agree. Dopey Dan does it again. Too many knee jerks. Let's keep going around in circles. Looking forward to Lockdown Version 7.34 soon