Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Not sure we are. Reckon it will accelerate for maybe 5-7 days and then start to "flatten", if we've done it right.

There's no excuse to get infected through recklessness from here. Everyone's had more than sufficient warning.
Hope you're right but I don't see people taking this seriously. Few people have told me I'm over reacting by staying home.

Not sure we are. Reckon it will accelerate for maybe 5-7 days and then start to "flatten", if we've done it right.

There's no excuse to get infected through recklessness from here. Everyone's had more than sufficient warning.

Time will tell.

BTW did you see that trump presser today where Dr. Fauci completely quashed the chloroquine theory immediately after trump was trumpeting it?

Time will tell.

BTW did you see that trump presser today where Dr. Fauci completely quashed the chloroquine theory immediately after trump was trumpeting it?
What's with the whitehouse pressers with all the people crammed together going against the social distancing message?

Case count excluding China (updated 11:30pm)

235,000 cases
10,336 deaths (4.40%)
8,281 severe (4%)
192,931 mild (82%)
23,452 recovered (10%)

Some very round numbers have cropped up in the past two months by totally random chance. 235,000...

Last edited:
Officially no cases

Africa - Angola 20/3, Botswana, Burundi, Cabo Verde 20/3, Chad, Comoros, Eritrea 21/3, Guinea-Bissau, Leostho, Libya, Madagascar 21/3, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius 19/3, Mozambique, Niger, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Uganda 21/3, Zimbabwe 21/3

Asia - Laos, Myanmar, North Korea, Syria, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste 21/3, Turkmenistan, Yemen

Europe - none

South/Central America & Caribbean - Belize, Dominica, El Salvador 19/3, Grenada, Haiti 20/3, Nicaragua, Saint Kitts and Nevis

Oceania - Fiji 19/3, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea 20/3, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu

Australia #21 in the world for cases.

Of the 22 countries with 1000+ cases, Australia ranks fourth-lowest on mortality rate (1 in 153 cases) behind Austria, Norway and Germany.

If they are Australian residents there's isn't much you can do. You really can't close your borders to your own citizens.
Didn't the Taswegians announce they're quarantining all incoming for two weeks a few days ago? Territorians announced they're also doing the quaranti

Didn't the Taswegians announce they're quarantining all incoming for two weeks a few days ago? Territorians announced they're also doing the quaranti
All non essential travel banned in Tas. I don’t know for a fact but am nearly certain essential includes returning residents.

All non essential travel banned in Tas. I don’t know for a fact but am nearly certain essential includes returning residents.
I think you’re right Rob. Although I think even residents returning may have to quarantine.

In the second world war, the Japanese were marching towards Australia, and all our fighting men were in Europe under the command of Winston Churchill.

John Curtin rang up Churchill and said 'im bringing all our troops home'

Churchill went apeshit. Curtin balls were like coconuts. No-one had ever told mother England to get *smile*.

for the next 10 days, Curtin didnt sleep a wink at every young fighting Australian man weaved through a minefield of jan and German torpedo subs. He just sat up all night listening to the radio. He knew he had made a big call that could go either way.

troops got back, Australia got defended, apron strings cut through a way with mother England.

Curtin's ticker never really recovered from the stress and he died young.

His civic duty cost him his life, and quite possibly saved Australia.

thats leadership IMO. tough, risky decisions, decisively made, at huge personal cost

just sayin'

• Love
Reactions: 3 users