Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We're in strife if the government mandates what we can and can't protest about. It's a slippery slope. I get the community transmission issue but if youre worried or vulnerable then get vaccinated.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I reckon only a very small number of CFMEU members would have been at the protest yesterday, and there is little doubt they will be regretting that decision by weekend.

Dealing with the Nazi's will be like shelling peas for the union.
mmm dunno about that.

There members at the Airport were talking about it on Friday & plenty wearing hi vis with Co Logos & names

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I reckon only a very small number of CFMEU members would have been at the protest yesterday, and there is little doubt they will be regretting that decision by weekend.
Just spoke to a mate who's in the union... he reckons the majority of the blokes protesting are as he is, subbies who are forced to be union members and reckon they're getting SFA for it.
Lot of angst with Setka over heaps of stuff.
He gave me an example... he works alongside a fellow union member who's on wages doing OT on a Saturday... my mate gets 300... the other bloke 800!

As is always the case in life.... follow the money !

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The anti-vaxxers have done something i thought impossible and that is to elicit a skerrick of public sympathy for John Setka.

careful JB. Remember, your enemy's enemy is not your friend.

this protest yet again sheets back to the Feds.

dutton and morrison have resisted loud long calls to treat australian far right goups the same as terrorists.

chickens roosting

and yeah, plenty of nazis would be construction workers

Reactions: 1 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
mmm dunno about that.

There members at the Airport were talking about it on Friday & plenty wearing hi vis with Co Logos & names
I'm sure there are plenty of members who agreed with the protest, but I don't reckon there would have been many who were foolish enough to do it in front of the union headquarters.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
careful JB. Remember, your enemy's enemy is not your friend.

this protest yet again sheets back to the Feds.

dutton and morrison have resisted loud long calls to treat australian far right goups the same as terrorists.

chickens roosting

and yeah, plenty of nazis would be construction workers
The vast majority protesting are hard working construction workers who don't want the jab. Let's not politicize this by labelling them far right extremists. Alot of them are of hard working ethnic backgrounds who's parents filled up the factories in the 70s and 80s and would be labour voters.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Love how the left and the media in general throw the label neo nazi right wing extremists to discredit people. It's an easy way to win an argument but not helping the situation.

Yet the protests gave clearly been co-opted and fanned by etxrremists eg. Avi Yemeni and others from that sphere.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The vast majority protesting are hard working construction workers who don't want the jab. Let's not politicize this by labelling them far right extremists. Alot of them are of hard working ethnic backgrounds who's parents filled up the factories in the 70s and 80s and would be labour voters.

Why don't they want to have the jab?

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

a few points

- ive worked construction. plenty are hardworking, and plenty of useless bludgers. Ive worked in universities too, with a similar split.
- i didnt want the jab. I still got it.
- i dont care who they vote for, but,
- i reckon the majority of anti-vaxers would either not vote, or vote for some total *smile* like palmer.
- there seems credible anecdotal accounts, that far right have donned hi-viz and taking the opportunity to destabilise as 'construction workers'
- yeah, plenty would be bonafide