Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
So you don't see any potential bias in that article? Who wrote it and why? Who are the 47 economists and what are their biases?

You can read articles by Gigi Foster that will argue the opposite.

I'm sure I could find a stack of other articles by qualified economists arguing against the lockdowns and the cost of them.

Its kinda moot really, we can't change it.

I reckon there's a wealth of PhD topics in this for the next 20 years.

One thing is for sure, diminishing returns in lockdowns as the % of vaxxed people grows.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Black market fake certificates have already started. I reckon it will get to the point where retail & services won't care as long as they get their sale.
How does one verify their authenticity? I've seen a fake one and cannot tell the difference.

Ultimately the punishment for those may be a dose of covid if they use them to get out more

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I reckon there's a wealth of PhD topics in this for the next 20 years.

One thing is for sure, diminishing returns in lockdowns as the % of vaxxed people grows.
Yeh, it will be an academics paradise. And reckon you'll have some very smart and well qualified people argue opposite views using the same data.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
How does one verify their authenticity? I've seen a fake one and cannot tell the difference.

Ultimately the punishment for those may be a dose of covid if they use them to get out more

The only way I can see to avoid fakes is to insist on people signing in using the State Government app which pulls the vax certificate from the Medicare Express app. I figure you can't link a fake vax certificate to the State Govt app. Doubt this would be enforced as venues will understandably want vax checks to be quick and easy so will accept just a pic of the certificate on your phone.

I doubt there will be many who try to fake the certificates anyway. Why bother, the vaccines have gone into billions of people with very few side effects, they are safe and effective, plus, they're free.

DS

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The only way I can see to avoid fakes is to insist on people signing in using the State Government app which pulls the vax certificate from the Medicare Express app. I figure you can't link a fake vax certificate to the State Govt app. Doubt this would be enforced as venues will understandably want vax checks to be quick and easy so will accept just a pic of the certificate on your phone.

I doubt there will be many who try to fake the certificates anyway. Why bother, the vaccines have gone into billions of people with very few side effects, they are safe and effective, plus, they're free.

DS
had to go to Sydney for family business this week.. Every place i entered there was somebody at the door checking that I'd checked in on the State Govt App and asked to see the Vax Cert which was linked. This was in a variety of places.

I didn't go into pubs, etc. Walked past a very crowded one last night and it was a little scary to see.
People at an open air market yesterday maybe 20% had masks on. I didn't go in, held my breath and walked quickly past.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
had to go to Sydney for family business this week.. Every place i entered there was somebody at the door checking that I'd checked in on the State Govt App and asked to see the Vax Cert which was linked. This was in a variety of places.

I didn't go into pubs, etc. Walked past a very crowded one last night and it was a little scary to see.
People at an open air market yesterday maybe 20% had masks on. I didn't go in, held my breath and walked quickly past.
Interesting, watching the golf live from Japan. They have a full vax rate of about 73% and have only about 250/300 cases per day the last few days in the entire country. But every single person in the gallery is wearing a mask.

Confidence is going to take a while for a lot of people I think.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely sure the "economy" would have been a hell of a lot better off if the incompetent Federal Lib/Nat Government had not completely stuffed up getting vaccines on time.

We would have got out of lockdowns way faster if not for the incompetence of the Federal government, it really is that simple.

DS
Considering no-one had any stockpile of vaccine n the virus tearing through the U.K. Europe n the U.S.A. at the time I doubt there would have been any vaccines available early for Aust. considering we had virtually no cases by comparison to most of the rest of the world. I'm not certain of the details, but it was on one of the news reports that we got started in getting our initial supplies of vaccine within two weeks of Singapore receiving there's even though we'd ordered three months after them. We weren't actually on the urgent supply list of the manufacturers because they simply had way bigger n much more urgent needs to deal with.

• Dislike

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Ranting about cooties ( which is actually the slang name for head lice) and blaming Dan for everything is a simplistic response to a massively complicated set of problems.
Cooties, nits, head lice are collectively termed as bugs. Some illnesses n flu virus which is also a corona virus variation n even computer viruses are also collectively termed as bugs. Happy for you to call them whatever you like, I'll just roll along n call bugs cooties or maybe the coroner virus as the mood takes me.
Perhaps I might even start calling politicians cooties as well, seeing as most of them are nothing but low life blood sucking parasites n parasites are simply another form of bug.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
TM you are free to call it what you want. As a reader of it it makes me think you minimise it by calling it something you would label someone with at primary school to mock them (for kissing a girl perhaps).

It minimises your message as you have some good points to make but you do yourself a disservice IMO as I think of your message as coming from said child.

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Cooties, nits, head lice are collectively termed as bugs. Some illnesses n flu virus which is also a corona virus variation n even computer viruses are also collectively termed as bugs. Happy for you to call them whatever you like, I'll just roll along n call bugs cooties or maybe the coroner virus as the mood takes me.
Perhaps I might even start calling politicians cooties as well, seeing as most of them are nothing but low life blood sucking parasites n parasites are simply another form of bug.

Nope, faults in software are called bugs, computer viruses aren't called bugs. If I read your posts on this topic I generally find a fact-free zone of ranting and childish names for everything.

If you have something worthwhile to say, say it, all I've seen you ever post is "bla bla corona-cooties" and "all politicians and public service workers suck".

Read it 50 times mate. Come up with some new material.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
This thread has been one of the most respectful, educational and collaborative threads I have seen on this site. It’s been a pleasure to share our views, many and varied as they are, as we all struggle to make sense of what has happened.
Your posts generally don’t fit that mood. Whilst your are free to call the virus what you like others are equally free to call you out for it.

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Interesting, watching the golf live from Japan. They have a full vax rate of about 73% and have only about 250/300 cases per day the last few days in the entire country. But every single person in the gallery is wearing a mask.

Confidence is going to take a while for a lot of people I think.
was up at Chatswood for a bit, which is predominately Asian and almost everyone had a mask on.. they've always been aware, even prior to Covid, of other peoples health ..

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Nope, faults in software are called bugs, computer viruses aren't called bugs. If I read your posts on this topic I generally find a fact-free zone of ranting and childish names for everything.

If you have something worthwhile to say, say it, all I've seen you ever post is "bla bla corona-cooties" and "all politicians and public service workers suck".

Read it 50 times mate. Come up with some new material.
Put it on ignore n save yourself having to constantly *smile* n moan at me. make your day a happier one.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Mask watch today (regional Vic)
At supermarket id say 95% which is good.

However 33.333% still wearing it wrong with nose or mouth showing, or it hanging around chin.

Says a lot about us as a country really.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Yeh, and people thinking that they can behave like covid doesn't exist anymore because they are vaccinated. Apparently a large number of new infections in Vic is in the under 30's (as you predicted).

There has to be continued messaging about the risks. Young people are gonna be passing it on to their parents/grandparents. Id hate the guilt associated with knowing you'd played a part in the death of your nan or pop.