Covid and Afl | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Covid and Afl

Stop the season for 2 weeks. Let the teams re-set and go again all the way through to the GF.

Stop the season for 2 weeks. Let the teams re-set and go again all the way through to the GF.
I don't think that works as the states keep re-entering versions of lockdown - hence there is no guarantee of continuity. I think the logic is to play any game as soon as it can be squeezed in.

Reactions: 3 users
All will be sorted for next season when C.Scott catches up with the new footy ops boss, B.Scott and TELLS him what further changes he requires to suit his club!..... 1st cab off the rank.... shorter quarters guaranteed!
And no tackling to save anyone from concussion.
Introduce no forward punching of the ball, must be backwards like in RL.
16 a side.
There has to be few others I have not dreamed up yet.

Reactions: 1 user
it's messier this year than last and that's having an effect on everything ...

forget Wuhan, they should be looking for a lab in Geelong.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Are the games going ahead this weekend. HOW??? If we are in lockdown there shouldn’t be any games at all. WHY are they allowed to play games while we are in lockdown.
one rule for us and another for the major sporting codes. It’s a joke if games go ahead this weekend.

Are the games going ahead this weekend. HOW??? If we are in lockdown there shouldn’t be any games at all. WHY are they allowed to play games while we are in lockdown.
one rule for us and another for the major sporting codes. It’s a joke if games go ahead this weekend.
AFL players are essential workers. NRL on the other hand should be canned.
I am not sure why anyone would complain about the AFL being on. We need something to watch as the Olympics winds up.

Reactions: 1 users
Not the AFLs fault, they’ve been amazing getting things this far, but it’s all becoming farcical now. We need the nation to be vaccinated (don’t we Slo-Mo).
Actually it makes sense now. those amongst us who argue against getting the vaccine arent really selfish and foolish. they are doing their bit to ensure more lockdowns, increasing the chance of the AFL season being delayed, therefor allowing Dusty to return and again lead us to premiership glory.
we should be more thankful of their selfless attitudes, putting themselves, and their families and friends at risk for the greater good.

AFL players are essential workers. NRL on the other hand should be canned.
I am not sure why anyone would complain about the AFL being on. We need something to watch as the Olympics winds up.
Could not agree more.
The games...AFL that is...provide a shining light in another wise dark place.

At least since roman times public entertainment has been promoted to distract the masses from what's important.

Actually it makes sense now. those amongst us who argue against getting the vaccine arent really selfish and foolish. they are doing their bit to ensure more lockdowns, increasing the chance of the AFL season being delayed, therefor allowing Dusty to return and again lead us to premiership glory.
we should be more thankful of their selfless attitudes, putting themselves, and their families and friends at risk for the greater good.

I said something similar last night to Chimpley. There’s a reason we haven’t shown up this year: season will be cancelled and we will be designated holdover premiers until 2022.

Well done us. Three peat !!!!

Not sure about the protests to be honest.
On one hand I agree with peaceful protests, but on the other hand, not sure if there is some political agenda behind it all.
Might add, wife and I get second Astrazenca jab on the 19th.

NRL on the other hand should be canned.
Sounds like you're not a fan @Brodders17 ....? Watching Melbourne Storm stick it to majority of the NRL media is a joy to behold. .... their hatred of the club has no limits.
One even said he hopes we have a Covid spike in Victoria so there's no chance of us hosting the NRL GF...!
That's about as disgusting as it gets IMO!

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Dispensation Dan.

Special event privilege, so all the people in lock down can keep themselves amused n entertained over the weekend n forget about how they're getting *smile* over by the secret health recipes.

Amazing how footy has changed.
Here we are Wednesday arvo, still no draw for this week's matches.
Fixture would come out October and that was it. No changes.
Now it ain't worth a zac.
Players have to be so flexible these days.

I read somewhere us vs GWS is on Friday night.

Was looking around for some news ... but nothing.... only the WA Derby is confirmed.
2 days until Friday night and still don't know.
not sure which match/es is tripping them up .... Qld teams or SA?
NSW teams are in Melb for the duration now.

Was looking around for some news ... but nothing.... only the WA Derby is confirmed.
2 days until Friday night and still don't know.
not sure which match/es is tripping them up .... Qld teams or SA?
NSW teams are in Melb for the duration now.

Our game confirmed friday night, still two games TBC