Covid top up list | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Covid top up list

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Lists have to be in by tomorrow, Olden, Street and Henderson to name a few would have to be chance.
Players that retired or were delisted would have to come under consideration.
Don’t know how fit Astbury and Bachar would be, could do worse.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I just imagined our whole vfl list (well, the best 20) are our VFL COVID top up players. Astbury and Houli (and any other retired player) wouldn't have the necessary fitness would they?

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Astbury and Houli (and any other retired player) wouldn't have the necessary fitness would they?
You wouldn't think so, depends if they have been doing any sort of fitness training. If they have, a month might get them close to being fit enough. They wouldn't be needed straight away.
It's been 7 months since they last played a game, their bodies are probably feeling ok.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I just imagined our whole vfl list (well, the best 20) are our VFL COVID top up players. Astbury and Houli (and any other retired player) wouldn't have the necessary fitness would they?
Essendon planning to use our VFL list for their Covid top up players.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Fully agree.

Also might be an opportunity to find an AFL player if the worst happens.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
You wouldn't think so, depends if they have been doing any sort of fitness training. If they have, a month might get them close to being fit enough. They wouldn't be needed straight away.
It's been 7 months since they last played a game, their bodies are probably feeling ok.
But that's the trouble, they need to be ready at short notice eg if say 20 players are ruled out with COVID next week you need your top up players ready to go next week, not in 7 weeks time.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne apparently consdiering Reece Conca for their covid list.
They already have Jack Lonie and David Zaharakis on their list. GWS has Mummy for his 784th possible return.

• Haha