Covid top up list | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Covid top up list

Didn't he play last year as a topup in the vfl?
Only 1/4 and then his shoulder went bung

Big lump of a lad. Mumford mark II
I was at a VFL match v Casey with @taztiger4 a few years ago and we both saw this huge bloke Liam Buxton. “Only” 199cm geez he was an imposing figure.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I was at a VFL match v Casey with @taztiger4 a few years ago and we both saw this huge bloke Liam Buxton. “Only” 199cm geez he was an imposing figure.
Good. It's something we need, a backup ruck who can compete at senior level.
We missed that last year.
Hoping that big Liam is starting to commit to being a professional athlete

Reactions: 1 user
Weagles might have to use this now. Bizarre amount of injuries at this time of season. WTF's happening there??

Weagles might have to use this now. Bizarre amount of injuries at this time of season. WTF's happening there??
News tonight said they only had 26 fit players to chose from. Footy season hasn't even started yet n it looks like they're struggling. It's *smile* Wet Coke, enjoy.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tim Kelly has covid and Liam Ryan is iso and not sure what's happening with Darling

Naish considered highly likely to play this weekend for the Eagles.

The word is he is in great nick and training really well.

Good luck young fella

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
News tonight said they only had 26 fit players to chose from. Footy season hasn't even started yet n it looks like they're struggling. It's *smile* Wet Coke, enjoy.
Bloody hell. After sneaking a Premiership in 2018, it didn't really lead to any long running, consistent success. Did they get a bit lucky? Or was it that the Premiership came at the end of a life cycle in their list (for want of a better description)?

Bloody hell. After sneaking a Premiership in 2018, it didn't really lead to any long running, consistent success. Did they get a bit lucky? Or was it that the Premiership came at the end of a life cycle in their list (for want of a better description)?
They got lucky we thou we could just turn up and beat Collingwood. We should have won four in a row.

• Sad
Bachar declined Blair Hartley's enquiry to see if he was interested in being on Richmond's COVID top up list.

Good too see Bachar is enjoying his retirement.

Bachar declined Blair Hartley's enquiry to see if he was interested in being on Richmond's COVID top up list.

Good too see Bachar is enjoying his retirement.

Houli said Hartley prefaced his question by giving him an out, saying he could tell him to get stuffed at any point in the conversation.

“[Hartley] said ‘with this rule we can potentially call you up to play. All you have to do is sign one form. You don’t have to train, no training, no people, no ...’ I said,Blair, go get stuffed’,” Houli joked.
“That just goes to show how much I am enjoying life at the moment.”
Never one to let football dominate his life, he even revealed that he had not realised the Tigers’ season was starting on Thursday night, and he had two outings unrelated to footy already booked, meaning he would probably miss the clash.
:mhihi
Sad to see as I would've loved Bash to return, but let's hope he doesn't backflip to the Bummers with this.

Houli said Hartley prefaced his question by giving him an out, saying he could tell him to get stuffed at any point in the conversation.

“[Hartley] said ‘with this rule we can potentially call you up to play. All you have to do is sign one form. You don’t have to train, no training, no people, no ...’ I said,Blair, go get stuffed’,” Houli joked.
“That just goes to show how much I am enjoying life at the moment.”
Never one to let football dominate his life, he even revealed that he had not realised the Tigers’ season was starting on Thursday night, and he had two outings unrelated to footy already booked, meaning he would probably miss the clash.
:mhihi
Sad to see as I would've loved Bash to return, but let's hope he doesn't backflip to the Bummers with this.
Dildo-ro will be on the phone to Houli straight away (after he's finished his daily reading of our website news, media coverage, and calls to various people in the industry to see what we are doing).

• Haha
How does this top up work?
No training required? So we can potentially have players running around and blowing up like the Hindenburg?

Last edited:
I think a top up player can only be used when less than 28 players are available because of covid, or covid protocols.

Not sure that it's going to happen too often.

They should just allow players to be promoted from their VFL / SANFL affiliated sides etc - none of this mid season draft by stealth business. The AFL just make it so complicated sometimes.

No training required? So we can potentially have players running around and blowing up like the Hindenburg?
Yeah, that made no sense. Talk of getting retired players who haven’t trained for months to play AFL footy is folly.

I listened to a podcast with Brendan Goddard who said Silvagni approached him in January 2019 as a potential SSP for Carlton. Goddard hadn’t trained since he’d finished with Essendon in October 2018 and said he secretly hoped Carlton wouldn’t pick him because it’d take him 6 months to catch up his fitness to AFL levels in which time the season would nearly be over.

Last edited:

I think it will look like Ben Lennons last quarter against Geelong,

but in the first quarter.

Covid Top-ups should be allowed to smoke Meth pre-game and at halftime,

and their direct opponent subject to The Stand rule at any contest.

even then, I reckon they'll generally have Ryan Sampson debut statistics

this is absurd

just *smile* the Covid protocols off

but I don't reckon playing Patty Newton as Covid Sub would be as absurd as The Stand Rule

Last edited: