Craig McRae to Collingwood | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Craig McRae to Collingwood

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Watching Fly... first thing he did was to thank Richmond for making him a better person....
Are you listening Caro!

*smile* he's gonna be hard to hate!
Was asked a question about Leigh Matthews and Damien.
Talked at length about what Leigh taught him. Ended his answer. Did not mention Damien at all.
Talked about Clarko and wanting to stay friends, etc. Did not mention Damien at all.
First time ever its made me wonder if something actually did happen.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Talked at length about what Leigh taught him. Ended his answer. Did not mention Damien at all.
Talked about Clarko and wanting to stay friends, etc. Did not mention Damien at all.
What about his direct reports , the players , are they re signing or leaving on mass , over to you

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Maybe Hardwick had enough of his assistance's getting all the plaudits and the pats on the back and told them to *smile* off.
Leppa has gone from a Leppa coach to all of sudden the most wanted.
What's Carcella done at Essendon.
Hardwick is the man. In his own words he took the group to the biggest and highest mountain and sat on top for 4 year's.
Im not a big fan of assistance's.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Let's have a coaches war with Collingwood they get Leppa and McCrea we will go after Malthouse and Shaw

• Haha

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
What about his direct reports , the players , are they re signing or leaving on mass , over to you
His direct reports are prob Xavier Clarke, Kingsley (a good friend), Sam Lonergan 2 years into his apprenticeship (so hardly able to pick and choose from all the job offers out there), and a few others.

TBH, I dont think our Coaching Group are that strong at all this year. Nor has our Match Committee rocked it this year IMO.

I'm not saying something happened. What I am saying - and it is prob my own shock as much as anything that Craig McRae actually didn't even try to pretend to answer the question by mentioning Damien. And then he went full throttle love fest on Clarko after 1 year at the Hawks. So what I am saying is that for those of us (like me) who wondered if something had happened with Fly and with Leppa to make them leave at the end of 2020 and we had nothing concrete, just instincts) this press conference today makes me wonder if there's not more to it.

It will be picked up by Caro in her next Damien - bashing article no doubt.

Reactions: 4 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
His direct reports are prob Xavier Clarke, Kingsley (a good friend), Sam Lonergan 2 years into his apprenticeship (so hardly able to pick and choose from all the job offers out there), and a few others.

TBH, I dont think our Coaching Group are that strong at all this year. Nor has our Match Committee rocked it this year IMO.

I'm not saying something happened. What I am saying - and it is prob my own shock as much as anything that Craig McRae actually didn't even try to pretend to answer the question by mentioning Damien. And then he went full throttle love fest on Clarko after 1 year at the Hawks. So what I am saying is that for those of us (like me) who wondered if something had happened with Fly and with Leppa to make them leave at the end of 2020 and we had nothing concrete, just instincts) this press conference today makes me wonder if there's not more to it.

Are you familiar that there was a 30% reduction that cut several million dollars of the soft cap resulting in cuts across the industry , if not research it. It was impossible to retain the same structure prior to the reduction was introduced. McCrae was the last addition to the senior group , prior to that he was vfl
Pretty subjective opinion when couch potatoes rate asst coaches , so how does our group flags involved
Kingsley x2
mcqualtwr x 3
Clarke x 3
Lonergan x 1
Compare to say or pa group and on what basis do you say that

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Are you familiar that there was a 30% reduction that cut several million dollars of the soft cap resulting in cuts across the industry , if not research it. It was impossible to retain the same structure prior to the reduction was introduced. McCrae was the last addition to the senior group , prior to that he was vfl
Pretty subjective opinion when couch potatoes rate asst coaches , so how does our group flags involved
Kingsley x2
mcqualtwr x 3
Clarke x 3
Lonergan x 1
Compare to say or pa group and on what basis do you say that
Of course I am aware of the soft cap reduction, who isnt. No need to research anything.
No need to get aggressive either.

It is my subjective opinion that our 2021 Coaching Group is not strong. Reckon everyone's opinion is subjective.
This year's F50 entries were the worst since 2016. Match committee decisions, Samson Ryan on a Friday rainy night; Will Martyn 1st game at PA and not seen for months later. Some odd choices, many more I could list.

All I wrote is that the clear non-references to Damien, when everyone else was thanked and acknowledged at length, made me start to wonder whether something may have indeed happened.

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
True but both Collingwood playing gropu and club personnel do not have the right cultural mindset to evolve into a close knit group capable of winning premierships unless Fly completely revamps the club and that will take years

That's spot on, UK
But I do believe that if any coach is going to set Collingwood on the right path it will be Fly
He's got the credentials as well as the experience and understanding of how a group of footballers needs to be drawn together to achieve a common aim.
I don't want to see Collingwood climb to great heights, but that said I do think the choice of Fly is a very smart move.
He will be a long-term coach in the system.
You never know, he could end up coaching the mighty Tigers at some point into the future.

• Wow

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Agree

Inspired choice.

Here I was hoping the news about his appt was a Sam Edmond style premature ejacannouncement and that they would wheel out Voss today.

But it pains me to say he will make Collingwood a contender again.

Agree, Brissie
Hate to see Collingwood rise up the ladder
But Fly knows his stuff and I do believe he knows how to bring a group of footballers together.
I wish him well on a personal level. Good bloke who should become a good coach.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Maybe Hardwick had enough of his assistance's getting all the plaudits and the pats on the back and told them to *smile* off.
Leppa has gone from a Leppa coach to all of sudden the most wanted.
What's Carcella done at Essendon.
Hardwick is the man. In his own words he took the group to the biggest and highest mountain and sat on top for 4 year's.
Im not a big fan of assistance's.
Seriously!!! if Mrs Hardwick had not have sorted him out at the end of 2016 he was fcked.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

Would I be surprised if there’s more to it :censored:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Whisper is...
CCJ is going to follow Fly to collingwood?

• Dislike