Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Good come back from Australia. When I fell asleep it looked all over at none 100+ and them doing it easily. They went from 0/115 to all out 247 losing 10/125. Seems like a bit of a trend in the top order doing very well before big collapses.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigertim said:
Good come back from Australia. When I fell asleep it looked all over at none 100+ and them doing it easily. They went from 0/115 to all out 247 losing 10/125. Seems like a bit of a trend in the top order doing very well before big collapses.

I wonder about the balls they're using, whether they become overly soft as the innings progresses and harder to hit. Karunaratne stopped to a crawl - 76 off 69, then 21 off 39. Of course it helped that our focus went away from hitting the deck short of a length.

There have been five instances of the ball hitting the stumps and the bails not coming off because they're too heavy with the flashing lights in them. If they've got one piece of equipment wrong, there could be more.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
335 was alot to chase, even with their good start.
The required rate never got below 6.2, which means that even if you get a run off every ball, the rate is still going to climb.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I knew he was a good player before, but Shakib is a seriously good player. Possibly even the best all rounder in the world. If he played for a country other than Bangladesh, he'd be being compared to some of the best all rounders in the history of the game IMO.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
23.21.159 said:
How good was Kane Williamson yesterday and how have South Africa become so bad?

AB de Villiers would've been handy. I cant believe that South Africa refused to pick him when he made himself available for the World Cup.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Shikhar Dhawan out of the World Cup with a broken thumb, replaced by Rishabh Pant, a fairly handy replacement.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
23.21.159 said:
How good was Kane Williamson yesterday and how have South Africa become so bad?

He was good but yesterday was perfectly set up for him. A low score benefits someone like him.

I do question NZ when they will have to actually chase down a good score, ie. 340+. IMO they have a lot of reliance on either their bowling attack to keep the opposition to below 300 or on Guptil chasing down quickly.

I don't think Williamson really has another gear like Kohli, Smith and Root who also anchor the innings for their countries. Whilst they can hold it all together for their countries, they have the ability to score at a run a ball or more, I'm not sure Williamson really does.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
mrposhman said:
He was good but yesterday was perfectly set up for him. A low score benefits someone like him.

I do question NZ when they will have to actually chase down a good score, ie. 340+. IMO they have a lot of reliance on either their bowling attack to keep the opposition to below 300 or on Guptil chasing down quickly.

I don't think Williamson really has another gear like Kohli, Smith and Root who also anchor the innings for their countries. Whilst they can hold it all together for their countries, they have the ability to score at a run a ball or more, I'm not sure Williamson really does.

Not many teams chase down 340+

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Thought Maxwell was pretty disrespectful to Khawaja after the runout. You don’t stand in the middle of the pitch staring at your partner with a WTF arm raise. Runouts happen, and while it was probably Khawaja’s fault, you save the discussions for the changing room.

Maxwell and his ego again.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Midsy said:
Thought Maxwell was pretty disrespectful to Khawaja after the runout. You don’t stand in the middle of the pitch staring at your partner with a WTF arm raise. Runouts happen, and while it was probably Khawaja’s fault, you save the discussions for the changing room.

Maxwell and his ego again.

I agree in a way but I think He was shocked by Khawaja actions, he runs half way and then stops.

Who has the better ability to score quickly?

Khwaja was lucky to get the runs he did, he won’t make any against the better sides pace attacks.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
MD Jazz said:
I agree in a way but I think He was shocked by Khawaja actions, he runs half way and then stops.

Who has the better ability to score quickly?

Khwaja was lucky to get the runs he did, he won’t make any against the better sides pace attacks.

He was fully entitled to be shocked and annoyed at Khawaja, but you simply don’t react in such a manner. You bite your tongue and wait for an appropriate time.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Midsy said:
He was fully entitled to be shocked and annoyed at Khawaja, but you simply don’t react in such a manner. You bite your tongue and wait for an appropriate time.

Perhaps, but Khwaja is the selfish one here - no doubt was thinking about a 100 instead of the team.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Also you do know it was Khwaja”s call and he called it? It’s basically tip and run at that stage.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
MD Jazz said:
Also you do know it was Khwaja”s call and he called it? It’s basically tip and run at that stage.

No doubt it was all Khawaja’s fault. He set off and then stopped half way. Whether he was thinking about a hundred, only he knows.

Still didn’t like Maxwell’s reaction though.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
MD Jazz said:

It has to be Khawajas call, it was the end he was running to. You generally can hear big No calls on the stumps mics, I heard nothing so I suspect his call was a bit timid.

On a side note, why is Lyon over there and Zampa is playing in front of him?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I can understand Maxwell's frustration, he was on track for the fastest ever World Cup 50, having scored 32 off 9 balls, but do agree it was not a good look.
Sarkar was none to happy either when he got run out in Bangladesh's innings.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Midsy said:
No doubt it was all Khawaja’s fault. He set off and then stopped half way. Whether he was thinking about a hundred, only he knows.

Still didn’t like Maxwell’s reaction though.

when i 1st saw it i didnt like the look of Maxwell's reaction, when i saw the replay and saw Khawaja basically got half way down the pitch then stopped i could understand Maxwell's frustration.