Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Stokes is a gun cricketer, but he was underdone, England made a mistake playing him. With the heat and humidity at the Gabba 100% fit players are a must.
Hard to understand why Broad didn't play with his record against Warner, plus there were another 4 left handers in the side.
England lost it at the selection table, and the coin toss.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Stokes is a gun cricketer, but he was underdone, England made a mistake playing him. With the heat and humidity at the Gabba 100% fit players are a must.
Hard to understand why Broad didn't play with his record against Warner, plus there were another 4 left handers in the side.
England lost it at the selection table, and the coin toss.
Nassar Hussein made a good point on this last night. He said that if they want Anderson and Broad to play in the pink ball games by them not playing in this one it just means they will be underdone in Adelaide.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
some people are really stupid. You log on the Channel 7 App to watch the cricket and they show a scorecard - well that’s exciting to watch to watch tick over - I could do that for hours.

So I check out Kayo, and all they show is footage from that stupid sky cam - you can’t see the ball from that angle, got no idea where it goes after it’s hit because it goes behind the cam.

what happened to good old filming the game from behind the bowler - do you have to sit down in front of a tv to do that.
Think you may have chosen the first option there mate which is what you were seeing. ... just click on the other one and away you go or you can have them both if that's your preference.
See attached on Splitview option. Hope it helps:)

And as may have been mentioned. .... Channel 7 don't have streaming rights for any form of cricket hence the scorecard.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Have been mainly watching the test on the tv. The couple of times that I've listened on the radio I can't believe how negative Ian Chappell has been about everything, especially England.
He's very hard to listen too, time to give it away. He's not suited as a radio commentator, even when he was with channel 9, he was muh. And he and Ian Redpath were was my first cricketing heroes as a youngster.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I enjoyed the conversation between Chappelli and Agnew on the radio yesterday. Interesting tidbit: Head and Carey were the first South Australians to bat together in a test since Hookes and Phillips put on 5 v West Indies in 1984.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Stokes, Root, Buttler, Archer, Roy, Wood, Leach, Pope, Burns, Broad.

You can write a sentence with these nouns.

Head should be in the England team.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Have been mainly watching the test on the tv. The couple of times that I've listened on the radio I can't believe how negative Ian Chappell has been about everything, especially England.
He's very hard to listen too, time to give it away. He's not suited as a radio commentator, even when he was with channel 9, he was muh. And he and Ian Redpath were was my first cricketing heroes as a youngster.
Chappeli has been unlistenable for a decade or 2. Boring stories in his droning style of speech. And yes, very negative.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I enjoyed the conversation between Chappelli and Agnew on the radio yesterday. Interesting tidbit: Head and Carey were the first South Australians to bat together in a test since Hookes and Phillips put on 5 v West Indies in 1984.
I remember that test well, I watched some of Phillips innings from the Emergency Dept at RPH.

• Wow

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Best I've seen Travis head bat.

And, I do like Head.

He's batted well but under no pressure whatsoever, both in terms of the scoreboard but also that England bowled Leach to him fairly early and he whacked him all around the Gabba.

The question mark around Head isn't that he can't bat, but can he bat when Australia really needs him to. He's certainly taken this game away from England but under no pressure at all.

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
He's batted well but under no pressure whatsoever, both in terms of the scoreboard but also that England bowled Leach to him fairly early and he whacked him all around the Gabba.

The question mark around Head isn't that he can't bat, but can he bat when Australia really needs him to. He's certainly taken this game away from England but under no pressure at all.
Disagree a bit, he came in when 3 wickets had fallen pretty quickly, and lost Warner straight after tea. He batted well with Carey & Cummins, and took the initiative back. He's worn the bowlers down, three of them are buggered, and Stokes is injured, this innings will almost be series defining.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I had been a Travis Head doubter, but he won me over during a shield game and 50 over game at the WACA last summer. Up until then he had always been too tentative, and could hardly hit the ball off the square at times.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I hope this is the making of Head as a test batter.
The making of him will be when he comes in at 3 for 10 and toughs out a ton.

Disagree a bit, he came in when 3 wickets had fallen pretty quickly, and lost Warner straight after tea. He batted well with Carey & Cummins, and took the initiative back. He's worn the bowlers down, three of them are buggered, and Stokes is injured, this innings will almost be series defining.
Warner and Labsuchagne had already worn the bowlers down. Good knock but cashing in on top-order work. But that's the job.