Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I hope it’s a more interesting game than the first test.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Was lucky enough to see Warnie bowl on the day he took 7/56 vs the Saffies at the SCG back in 1994.
Sitting in the Bradman stand directly behind his arm & watching him bamboozle SA with a wide range of deliveries was the best day at the cricket I've ever had. Just a magnificent memory. Feel blessed to have seen him play.
I was in the outer at the ODI when Warnie had to come out to the Bay 13 area to calm the crowd when things were getting out of control.

Amazing too it worked.

The patrons did as requested.

Not many could do that maybe Swervin Merv at his zenith or possibly AB but not too many others.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Wow, 4 wickets, seems to be a pitch that can produce a result.

Looks like the toss will have too much influence on the result though, never a good thing.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Cummins is in the middle of a great spell, finally gets a much deserved wicket Pakistan 5/76. This is great test cricket.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Now Green gets into the action, Pakistan didn't review the LBW, might've been worth a look, 6/81.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Green is off after copping a knock stopping a ball while bowling, it hit him on the fleshy part at the base of his thumb. Has swollen up, hope it's not broken, 7/97

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not sure why the batsman is unhappy with that decision. There was a noise and a spike on ultra edge, not sure how you interpret it as anything else but an edge?

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Australia have played this perfectly to date. Batted into day 3 for 556 & bowled out Pakistan for 148, a lead of 408, well done fellas! Don't understand the commentators disbelief at Australia not enforcing the follow on. Still 24 overs left today then 2 full days. Plenty of time. Give the bowlers a breather, score 100-150 for lead of 550+, declare around lunch tomorrow, allowing the bowlers 5 sessions to bowl Pakistan out for the win, seems sensible to me.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Australia have played this perfectly to date. Batted into day 3 for 556 & bowled out Pakistan for 148, a lead of 408, well done fellas! Don't understand the commentators disbelief at Australia not enforcing the follow on. Still 24 overs left today then 2 full days. Plenty of time. Give the bowlers a breather, score 100-150 for lead of 550+, declare around lunch tomorrow, allowing the bowlers 5 sessions to bowl Pakistan out for the win, seems sensible to me.

Agree, who knows how hot it is over there, bowlers get a break, pitch will presumably get worse, massive score to defend, plenty of time to get 10 wickets.

DS