Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
How well is Cummins going? 100+ wickets at 20 in the last two years. Those are Malcolm Marshall-like numbers. He is as accurate as McGrath and around 8 km/hr quicker.

Touch wood, his body stays together.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Apologies if this offends anyone

I got a good laugh earlier today. It was the green garden bin day so i was in the yard raking up some leaves and listening to the cricket on my little pocket radio.
Alison Mitchell a pommy commentator was the calling the game and she said "Warner has gone for a pull in front of the ladies stand.

I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble:peepwall:help

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Really disappointing Test series V NZ. Expected much more of a contest. Their batting never seemed to get going or couldn't sustain any impetus. There's no way they can be world No.2 although a far better team at home, like everyone else.
Wagner is a real fighter but, with the very green Ferguson out injured, their attack has no-one who can barely bowl over 135 kmh. It's not all about pace, but when Australia has 5 bowlers (when all available) who can manage 145 kmh bowling with swing and seam, it's very hard to be a serious competitor.

It was so one-sided I lost interest quite a while back.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Apologies if this offends anyone

I got a good laugh earlier today. It was the green garden bin day so i was in the garden racking up some leaves and listening to the cricket on my little pocket radio.
Alison Mitchell a pommy commentator was the calling the game and she said "Warner has gone for a pull in front of the ladies stand.

I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble:peepwall:help
I always thought he was a bit of a wanker

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Really disappointing Test series V NZ. Expected much more of a contest. Their batting never seemed to get going or couldn't sustain any impetus. There's no way they can be world No.2 although a far better team at home, like everyone else.
Wagner is a real fighter but, with the very green Ferguson out injured, their attack has no-one who can barely bowl over 135 kmh. It's not all about pace, but when Australia has 5 bowlers (when all available) who can manage 145 kmh bowling with swing and seam, it's very hard to be a serious competitor.

Afghanistan or Bangladesh would've been more competitive. Have said that, are quicks are outstanding, and the Goat goes ok too.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jeepers!!!! Tom Banton goes ok, 55 off 16 balls so far, he's making batting partner Chris Lynn 23 off 8 look like Boycott.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Jeepers!!!! Tom Banton goes ok, 55 off 16 balls so far, he's making batting partner Chris Lynn 23 off 8 look like Boycott.

The size of the ground is a *smile* take. Rope must be in 20m all around the ground. No surprise people are making *smile* loads of runs - barely need to get it off the square. Making a mockery of the sport.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Agree. Makes me sick when visiting teams melt over here, especially the Pommies.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The best one was when John Arlott said of New Zealand fast bowler Bob Cunis that his name was "neither one thing nor the other".

Pretty sure it was Arlott who described an inside edge on air as "a lovely French ****".

Edit: Was actually Norman Blundell on the ABC with "lucky French *smile*". Looking for a way out, he asked Lindsay Hassett what he thought, but Hassett was trying not to laugh and stayed silent. At the end of the session he said "As for that lucky shot in which the ball was supposed to be driven to the off side and finished up going for four at fine leg - I think Norman described it perfectly."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The only one I remember is “The bowler‘s Holding, the batsman‘s Willey.”

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not sure whether it's true, or just folklore. Viv Richards hit a huge six and the commentator is alleged to have said that there's two canals outside the ground, and that the ball had cleared the far canal.