Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
5th and final Test between India and Eng abandoned. India up 2-1 in the series.

Indian players have returned two negative COVID tests already. Fascinating stuff regarding whether this is considered a forfeit or not.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
5th and final Test between India and Eng abandoned. India up 2-1 in the series.

Indian players have returned two negative COVID tests already. Fascinating stuff regarding whether this is considered a forfeit or not.
It should be. Not sure any player has tested positive just cosching staff. Probably inevitable a player will test positive

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
It should be. Not sure any player has tested positive just cosching staff. Probably inevitable a player will test positive
Reports are that India are willing to finish the series at a later date - which would likely be mid 2022 when they are meant to play an ODI series in England. Anderson will be 40 by then!

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Consideration being given to SL or WI replacing Afghanistan for a Test in Tassie this summer. Hopefully they do actually replace it and not just cancel and move on from it.

Knowing CA's track record, I'd be surprised though if they did decide to find a replacement team.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sad to read that Michael Holding will be putting the microphone down (retiring) at the end of the year.

Mikey gave me a lot of joy watching him play, and then commentating on the game.

Well played Michael, especially for your stance on racism.

Reactions: 4 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

To quote William Morris Lawry, "It's all happening." So many levels of comical absurdity it's hard to begin where to start.

At least they are all having fun though (except the poor, unfortunate gentleman who copped a flying bat to the face that is.).

Last edited:

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Bounced twice - that's a no-ball isn't it?
Although you can still be run out.
Im pretty sure it is only a no-ball if it bounces three times (I recall hearing it said once during an international match). I seem to recall someone being dismissed off a ball bouncing twice in a South Africa-India Test match a few years ago.

EDIT: Just found an article on the Cricket Australia website that states that the rule was changed in 2017 to be a no-ball if it bounces more than once.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Im pretty sure it is only a no-ball if it bounces three times (I recall hearing it said once during an international match). I seem to recall someone being dismissed off a ball bouncing twice in a South Africa-India Test match a few years ago.

EDIT: Just found an article on the Cricket Australia website that states that the rule was changed in 2017 to be a no-ball if it bounces more than once.
That was probably due to the claim that Mark Taylor makes in this video:

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Didn’t even realise shield cricket commenced yesterday. WA 4/324 with tons to Smarsh and Cam Green against an SA bowling attack of Worrall, Grant, Head, Pope, Kerber and McAndrew.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Unbelievable finish in women's Aus v India one day game yesterday to keep their winning streak alive, Gone for all money and came back to win off last ball of the match but only after initially being caught off what would have been last ball but over-ruled not out because above waste height. Mooney 125 not out.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Unbelievable finish in women's Aus v India one day game yesterday to keep their winning streak alive, Gone for all money and came back to win off last ball of the match but only after initially being caught off what would have been last ball but over-ruled not out because above waste height. Mooney 125 not out.
I watched that. Beth Mooney doesn't get enough credit in that side. McGrath & Carey cool heads as well.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
England have named a 17 man Ashes squad, no Stokes or Archer.

I just love a good Ashes series.

Joe Root (c)
James Anderson
Jonathan Bairstow
Dom Bess
Stuart Broad
Rory Burns
Jos Buttler
Zak Crawley
Haseeb Hameed
Dan Lawrence
Jack Leach
Dawid Malan
Craig Overton
Ollie Pope
Ollie Robinson
Chris Woakes
Mark Wood

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Joe Root (c)
James Anderson
Jonathan Bairstow
Dom Bess
Stuart Broad
Rory Burns
Jos Buttler
Zak Crawley
Haseeb Hameed
Dan Lawrence
Jack Leach
Dawid Malan
Craig Overton
Ollie Pope
Ollie Robinson
Chris Woakes
Mark Wood

No Caddick ?

No De Freitas?

No Broad?

No Athey?

No Dilley?

No Botham?

No Chance!!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Joe Root (c)
James Anderson
Jonathan Bairstow
Dom Bess
Stuart Broad
Rory Burns
Jos Buttler
Zak Crawley
Haseeb Hameed
Dan Lawrence
Jack Leach
Dawid Malan
Craig Overton
Ollie Pope
Ollie Robinson
Chris Woakes
Mark Wood
Not exactly a star studded squad but then neither is ours.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The Australia/India womens series was good to watch.
Aussies won on points comforthably, but the Indians gave them a run for their money.
I could watch Smriti Mandhana bat all day, like an Indian, Female, Left-handed Mark Waugh.