Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
:love:
England really missed Jason Roy patrolling the boundary:cool:

We certainly bottled it, and I know your post is tongue in cheek but we did miss Jason Roy big time. With only 4 wickets down, the usual England batting lineup would hope to have 1 of Roy, Buttler of Bairstow to really accelerate that run rate, its what England have done repeatedly, score at a good rate, if we don't lose wickets then we really accelerate. That didn't happen.

Having said that 57 runs needed with 4 overs left and they did it in 3 is embarassingly bad. We got the bowling order all wrong, Rachid should not be bowling in the last 5 overs, he's so important in the middle overs but you want him bowling out before the 15th really. Jordan is usually great at the death too, but got it totally wrong this time around.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
We certainly bottled it, and I know your post is tongue in cheek but we did miss Jason Roy big time. With only 4 wickets down, the usual England batting lineup would hope to have 1 of Roy, Buttler of Bairstow to really accelerate that run rate, its what England have done repeatedly, score at a good rate, if we don't lose wickets then we really accelerate. That didn't happen.

Having said that 57 runs needed with 4 overs left and they did it in 3 is embarassingly bad. We got the bowling order all wrong, Rachid should not be bowling in the last 5 overs, he's so important in the middle overs but you want him bowling out before the 15th really. Jordan is usually great at the death too, but got it totally wrong this time around.

Roy averages 25 at 144 SR. In 53 matches with 7 x 50's. He's no vital cog. And is an average fielder. Reckon he has a rep that far exceeds his output.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I wish Dimma conducted himself more like Australian cricketers and learn not to whinge so much…

“I don’t like Mark McGowan … I don’t want to go there,” the 36-year-old Stephen O’Keefe said, as reported by News Corp.

“I hate playing at Optus (Stadium), we never do well, so I’m thinking maybe we just give Perth the two points and just stay at home and enjoy the weekend at home. I hate that plane flight.

“We’ll leave that up to the Big Bash people, but how about if Perth wants to come they can come to Sydney? We’ll happily have anyone from Perth, I’m not sure Mark McGowan thinks the same.

“Personally, I’m happy to give the points to Perth, they can have it. I don’t want to go there.”

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not sure I've ever seen a more desperate attempt to score a point than invoking that bastion of off-field sensibility, Steve O'Keefe, as an example.

What an absolute pillar of society that bloke is. Who would have guessed that aside from being a hopeless drunk, sexist, homophobe and just an all around mess, that he would be a selfish little sook as well?

No doubt next time I make a comment about an AFLW issue, you will draw on a rebuttal from a strong women's advocate like Jordan DeGoey?

Or when I suggest Richmond needs to get off pokies you will chime in with a powerful quote from a highly respected businessman like James Packer to sit me back down?

On indigenous issues, perhaps you can draw on the wisdom of 14 game Richmond superstar Malcolm Brown?

Steve O'Keefe. :ROFLMAO:

Go home, Tim, you're drunk.
Look at you desperately referring to people and instances that are totally irrelevant.

You were the one opining how Australian cricketers don't whinge yet here we are. But I get it, you probably feel a bit silly right now.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
You just used Steve O'Keefe as an example. It doesn't get any sillier than that.

If you stop and think about the point you just made, it's that a complete *smile* is acting in exactly the way I said good teams and good players don't act.

Of course you may be trying to argue that Steve O'Keefe is an appropriate reflection of the culture and standards of the Australian Cricket team and his behaviour is typical of what you would see from those players, but that would be so ridiculous I'm not even considering it as a serious proposition.
Ah, you're a Fonzie. Ok, carry on.

• Haha

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
To get on to a cricket theme, can anyone explain why Victoria are scheduled to play NSW in their next Sheffield Shield game (starting 19/11 I think) - Vics have played 2 Sheffield Shield games so far - both against NSW and now face them for a third time? Seems odd - my vague recollection is that all states played each other twice.

Or are they just going to play each other 10 times and not play any other state due to Covid issues?

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
No, you are right and I am 100% wrong.

Everyone at Richmond should model themselves on Steve O'Keefe and take on the undisciplined, obnoxious, unprofessional mindset, that is typical of Australian Cricketers and has been the driving cultural factor in many years of cricketing success.

How stupid of me not to see that. Hardwick and Gale should bleat as much as possible about venues, rules and then get pissed and sexually harass a couple of lesbians just for good measure.

Can't believe I couldn't see it before.
Heeeyyyy! Sit on it!

You keep digging that hole with irrelevant, facetious, made up comparisons to deflect.

As I said, ease up on the contrarian crap and bagging the club for whingeing and holding Australian cricketers up as examples of sportsmen who don't whinge 2 days before an Australian cricketers has the biggest whinge ever. Then you wouldn't look such a goose.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
NZ showed they're a solid unit in all forms of the game. Deserved finalists. Fast starts all well.& good but key seems to be holding your nerve & keeping wickets in hand to accelerate in the last 1/2 dozen overs. I think our blokes can join them in the final if they can restrain their egos & play with some control.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Gotta hand it to New Zealand. All round the best cricket team in the world. IN past 12 months:

- World Test Champions
- ODI World Cup FInalists (robbed)
- T20 World Cup Finalists (TBA)

Fantastic and consistent cricket team that play with grace and always perform on the World Stage.

Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Finch won the toss and elected to bowl, a great toss to win. Pakistan will have to contend with the wet ball from the dewy conditions when they bowl.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Zampa bowling superbly, with great loop.

He just got Babar out 1/ 71 after 10 overs, a good fight back.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
1/113 with 5.5 overs to bowl...180+ target likely unless some wickets tumble. We will need to bat well. Impressed with Pakistan's aggressive running between the wickets. 1% that helps win games.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
177 to win. Tough chase. Hope we don't cough up cheap wickets in the quest for runs. Wickets in hand late will put pressure on the fielding team.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I’ve seen it all now, Hafeez’s first ball bounced twice, Warner hit for six.
Aust 3/80 after 9 overs.