Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Over 11 runs an over, going to take some big hitting from Stoinis, I'll back him in.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Wade you star, 3 sixes in a row to win the game, it doesn't get any better than that :banana :banana :banana

Reactions: 1 users

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Wow!!! Carving Afridi too!!! Didn't think it possible. Well done!!! Most successful chase if the tournament to date

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
That was amazing. Ali dropping that catch will be looking for a new passport.

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Matthew Wade......Wow!!!

One of the great white ball performances.

Stoinis and Wade pulling it out from the fire - not many would have had them in the team. Especially Wade with everyone pushing Inglis. Both having excellent tournaments in positions we've typically struggled in.

Bravo George Bailey!! The golden touch...nailed it!!!

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Matthew Wade......Wow!!!

One of the great white ball performances.

Stoinis and Wade pulling it out from the fire - not many would have had them in the team. Especially Wade with everyone pushing Inglis. Both having excellent tournaments in positions we've typically struggled in.

Bravo George Bailey!! The golden touch...nailed it!!!

The Victorians did it again!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Conway out for the final. He punched his bat after getting out against England, has broken his hando_O

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
And I went to bed at 4:15am when Maxwell went out :rolleyes:

Just watched replay but., that bloke that dropped Wade the ball before his 3 sixes in row will be popular in Pakistan

• Haha

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
And I went to bed at 4:15am when Maxwell went out :rolleyes:

Just watched replay but., that bloke that dropped Wade the ball before his 3 sixes in row will be popular in Pakistan
Don't make a habit of staying up that late please, we need you bright eyed & bushy tailed for pre season :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It was amazing. Balls of steel Wade to play those two scoop shots.

One of the best T20 games.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yep, Wade ain’t my favourite cricketer but great knock.

but the most stupid commentary quote goes to this dill, Gautam Gambhir:

“What an absolutely pathetic display of spirit of the game by Warner! #Shameful What say @ashwinravi99?”

because Warner had the temerity to hit a ball that bounced twice for 6. What a dill.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, Wade ain’t my favourite cricketer but great knock.

but the most stupid commentary quote goes to this dill, Gautam Gambhir:

“What an absolutely pathetic display of spirit of the game by Warner! #Shameful What say @ashwinravi99?”

because Warner had the temerity to hit a ball that bounced twice for 6. What a dill.

If you can go out on a ball that bounces twice you can certainly hit a six off it. Gambhir should brush up on the rules.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
If you can go out on a ball that bounces twice you can certainly hit a six off it. Gambhir should brush up on the rules.
I heard that comment too and was gobsmacked.

But ... can you go out on a double-bouncer? It gets called no-ball. If he had been caught would it have been out?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I heard that comment too and was gobsmacked.

But ... can you go out on a double-bouncer? It gets called no-ball. If he had been caught would it have been out?

I don't think it can be called a "no ball" until it bounces more than twice. As far as I can recall, the only way you can go out on a no ball is by run out.