Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Apparently the way the player of the series worked was on a 3,2,1 basis and they had three different 3 votes getters who were tied.

The countback was ranking the '3' vote games so the 200 got the nod. Awful system.

Shame the rain ruined another Sydney test, don't remember it being such an issue 20 years ago. Have to be impressed with the way people still turned up for the McGrath's day though.

More reason to deal with climate change, to save the Sydney Test!

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Gary Goat continues to remind me of a junior Cricketer who is the coaches son
He's our best offie ever. But he's rarely produced on the final day when conditions suit. He just lacks the consistency, cannot sustain enough pressure. The best spinners build pressure. He's been a very good cricketer for a long period of time, the cupboard is and has been pretty bare.

I think it was spook that pointed out how tough it is for off spinners in Aust and what generally poor records they have.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
He's our best offie ever. But he's rarely produced on the final day when conditions suit. He just lacks the consistency, cannot sustain enough pressure. The best spinners build pressure. He's been a very good cricketer for a long period of time, the cupboard is and has been pretty bare.

I think it was spook that pointed out how tough it is for off spinners in Aust and what generally poor records they have.

Doesn't bowl the right line. Warne used to constantly say he needs to challenge the outside edge, get it well outside off and turn back to challenge the stump line.

Lyon always wants to pitch off stump and turn to middle and leg. Warne always said it is much easier for the batsman when they can play under their eye line and not outside. For whatever reason Lyon never seemed to want to listen.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Ponting voting for his mate. Stuffen BS
Ponting also said Boland- the guy who was dropped with a bowling average of 12- is Australia's luckiest bowler ever. Not sure what that makes Agar- one of the chosen ones I guess.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

A question that will never be answered , however I just wonder if another spinner got the opportunities he has if they could have done better .

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The Allan Border story on Kayo was a great watch. Really good production. My favourite player as a young fella. Great memories.
Same here. Just finished watching first 2 episodes last night. There's been speculation on whether he has Parkinsons as he moves his head around a bit when speaking, but it's not the case.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ponting also said Boland- the guy who was dropped with a bowling average of 12- is Australia's luckiest bowler ever.
Guessing that if ya constantly put the ball in the slot that forces the batsman to waggle the bat there n somehow manage to make the ball move a little bit at the same time, you're going to get a little bit lucky sometimes. Bloke called Pigeon was fairly handy at bowling like that too n he was rated as being a fairly useless pace bowler as a young fella coming through.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Ponting also said Boland- the guy who was dropped with a bowling average of 12- is Australia's luckiest bowler ever. Not sure what that makes Agar- one of the chosen ones I guess.
Every time he opens his mouth, my opinion of Ponting as a human being drops.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yeah, I noticed that too with his comments. Bit like Cornhead at times.
A bit different i reckon. It is hard to know what kind of guy Cornes really is cos a lot of his media is about getting a reaction.
I reckon to a lot of what Ponting says reflects his ego and his backing of his mates.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Watching The Test on prime. Biggest WTF moment in the first episode, Cummins becomes Captain and gets added to a 'Legends' Whatsapp group with Justin Langer and Scomo!! I mean WTF! I wonder if Albo is now in the group?