Daisy Pearce | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daisy Pearce

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The only person I'd let into the rooms from 7 would be Jobby Watson, our secrets would be safe with him.
I can see it now, Jobby reports back to Scott saying that the Tiges have quite a few whiteboards, and that they are writing in codes....Miro, Limnu and Mural.
They spend weeks trying to crack the code, not realising that Miro, Limnu and Mural are the whiteboard manufactures name.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
very comfortable with the RFC saying keep clear to Dazey

it's not cool for any media to be in the rooms let alone one that coaches the opposition

CH 7 .. right up there for thinking .. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Good stuff Tigers.

Ch7 put Daisy in a compromised position. Just dumb.

No, I think Daisy did that herself by accepting a media role when she is on the coaching staff of an AFL club.

Leppa quit what would have been a lucrative media career as soon as he got the assistant coaching gig at the Pies.

Any other current assistant coaches with such a prominent role in the media?

Reactions: 9 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Did it come across in the commentary that she was basically barracking for C'scum to get up?
Seemed all the special comments were C'word this, C'word that.
What they need to do etc.
Maybe I got it wrong.
Sour grapes for being denied access?

Reactions: 1 user

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Source The Age.

Tiger Balme explains decision to ban Daisy Pearce from rooms​

Richmond says Daisy Pearce’s dual roles as an AFL television commentator and assistant coach at Geelong are untenable, and that is why they banned her from their change room on match days.
The Tigers’ senior advisor, Neil Balme, said the decision to deny Pearce access to their rooms for last week’s season-opener against Carlton was not personal, but suggested to radio station SEN the policy would be maintained throughout the season.
“But it’s just a thing that you don’t really want assistant coaches from other clubs hanging around rooms after games to see what they can find out.
“I know I’d trust her to the point that it’s not what she is there for.
“But you can’t do both jobs, so I think it’s reasonable of us to say that.”

Shocking and or Salty probably cooked the idea of hiring Pearce for the exact purpose of gaining Intel on other Clubs.

• Haha

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Did it come across in the commentary that she was basically barracking for C'scum to get up?
Seemed all the special comments were C'word this, C'word that.
What they need to do etc.
Maybe I got it wrong.
Sour grapes for being denied access?
i thought exactly the same thing

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Source The Age.

Richmond says Daisy Pearce’s dual roles as an AFL television commentator and assistant coach at Geelong are untenable, and that is why they banned her from their change room on match days.
The Tigers’ senior advisor, Neil Balme, said the decision to deny Pearce access to their rooms for last week’s season-opener against Carlton was not personal, but suggested to radio station SEN the policy would be maintained throughout the season.
“But it’s just a thing that you don’t really want assistant coaches from other clubs hanging around rooms after games to see what they can find out.

Shocking and or Salty probably cooked the idea of hiring Pearce for the exact purpose of gaining Intel on other Clubs.
Of course they did. Pussies masterminds.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If it was bloke this wouldn't even be a story.

Actually come to think of it ....its not a story regardless.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
If it was bloke this wouldn't even be a story.

Actually come to think of it ....its not a story regardless.
Not a story?
ASSISTANT COACH FROM BAD GUYS NOT ALLOWED INTO OUR ROOMS
I think thats a story, right?
I mean it must be a new thing. Or rude. Or just not cricket. Amirite?

• Haha

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Source The Age.

Balmey has spoken. I reckon plenty of other clubs will follow suit now.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Very pleased to read that we are all over this as a club, by not letting her in. And we are only seen as professional while 7 on the other hand are the opposite.

Perhaps they can get Daisy to do a few inside stories from the rooms for a Geelong on what it’s like to have to work with Salty and Shocking.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Daisy in her Channel 7 role should be the post match reporter at Saltys press conference after a Scats loss. :rotfl1

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Source The Age.

We should have let her in and invoked the "stand" rule, then given her a 50 meter penalty out of the rooms.

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
If it was a bloke Ch7 wouldn't let them do both jobs.

Agree.

It is appears to be patronising tokenism Ch7's part. Yeah, Daisy is an assistant at another club but she'll be right, what harm can she do going into another teams rooms after the game because she is only a woman. No issue from me regarding our club's response. Unlike Channel 7, we are treating Daisy with the respect her ability deserves.

FWIW, I think her insights into the game are better than most of her male commentator colleagues. And I would imagine that knowledge would translate well into a coaching role in the AFL.

Reactions: 9 users