Daisy Pearce | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daisy Pearce

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
I'm talking more about the players family and friends who mingle afterwards. No-one screens them for potential spies and they can see all sorts of things.

If any journo went and stood outside the door then it would be pretty conspicuous, otherwise Tom Browne would be doing it all the time!
you cant just go in the rooms as you could many years ago
to get in there friends and family need passes that the players get from the club, i cant see any of the players getting passes for potential spies
i get what your saying though

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Murdoch beat up again on news.com.au. first word on the headline "Female ....".
WTF has that got to do with Daisy being banned.
These so called journalists, editors etc. need to get out of the sewer.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Even if all it is is a cloaked "Go *smile* yourself, sHocking, you cheating shiteating *smile*", I heartily approve.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Yes, sure ... if they are all acting assistant coaches.

Semantics, Bartel is the footy director at GWS, Luke Darcy is on the board at the Bulldogs, not sure what role Luke Hodge has at the Lions but from his commentary it is very clear he has an active footy role in the club. Richo has been employed by us since he retired in various roles.

Any of those people have access to the same change rooms and are in the club environment where they would be in constant contact with coaches and players and could share anything they see or hear.

It's illogical to ban one and not all.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Matthew Richardson has spoken about the Daisy situation:09F9A02E-6A25-454B-A1F5-DB16BA5AACD5.jpeg

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
remember here that Richo, bless him, is also an employee of Channel 7...

and Bartel, Darcy, etc... are not game day coaches as Dazey is ..

there's a difference

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I would be staggered if anyone entering the rooms pre or post game are getting access to any sort of info that would help opposition teams.
The media only go where cameras and microphone go, so anything they see could be broadcast on TV.

I dont object to us banning an opposition coach, but it all a but of show.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Semantics, Bartel is the footy director at GWS, Luke Darcy is on the board at the Bulldogs, not sure what role Luke Hodge has at the Lions but from his commentary it is very clear he has an active footy role in the club. Richo has been employed by us since he retired in various roles.

Any of those people have access to the same change rooms and are in the club environment where they would be in constant contact with coaches and players and could share anything they see or hear.

It's illogical to ban one and not all.
Yes, I take your point but these vets are still not actually involved in an opposition's coaching team, with direct input into both the intel of your side, plus possibly on the lookout for any useful opposition intel. I doubt these media/management roles are as risky as Daisy's direct coaching input could be.
It could even be a glimpse of some secretive tactic, or injury stuff - when a team are trying to conceal the true problem so a particular player doesn't cop attention on that spot.

But I'd happily ban them all, to be consistent (unlike the umpiring fraternity!) Don't see why the media can't operate from outside the rooms, in their designated studio areas; AFL personnel can easily get to them.

[ They have become over intrusive - see the funny segment on Front Bar last night with old footage of Del Santo questioning his old mate Goddard post an Essendon game all the way off the ground, down the race and into the rooms. Expected him to be still interviewing in the showers! ]

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I would be staggered if anyone entering the rooms pre or post game are getting access to any sort of info that would help opposition teams.
The media only go where cameras and microphone go, so anything they see could be broadcast on TV.

I dont object to us banning an opposition coach, but it all a but of show.
What about "Roaming Brian" then? The biggest risk? I don't think he even knows where he is going. :D

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Yes, I take your point but these vets are still not actually involved in an opposition's coaching team, with direct input into both the intel of your side, plus possibly on the lookout for any useful opposition intel. I doubt these media/management roles are as risky as Daisy's direct coaching input could be.
It could even be a glimpse of some secretive tactic, or injury stuff - when a team are trying to conceal the true problem so a particular player doesn't cop attention on that spot.

But I'd happily ban them all, to be consistent (unlike the umpiring fraternity!) Don't see why the media can't operate from outside the rooms, in their designated studio areas; AFL personnel can easily get to them.

[ They have become over intrusive - see the funny segment on Front Bar last night with old footage of Del Santo questioning his old mate Goddard post an Essendon game all the way off the ground, down the race and into the rooms. Expected him to be still interviewing in the showers! ]

A player's right to privacy in terms of their personal medical information is the only part I agree should be protected at all costs, but no treatment is happening in public view bar the occasional bag of ice which tell you nothing.

For the rest of it I think TV stations should have access to whatever they like given the amount of money they contribute to the game. If they want to take a camera in and film the coach talking then go for it, as long as they don't show it until the game is underway then no issue.

The secrecy stuff is a complete fallacy anyway, everything any team is thinking or doing is on display for all to see when they play. The trick isn't knowing what they are trying to do, it's being able to stop them or to come up with a counter.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
A player's right to privacy in terms of their personal medical information is the only part I agree should be protected at all costs, but no treatment is happening in public view bar the occasional bag of ice which tell you nothing.

For the rest of it I think TV stations should have access to whatever they like given the amount of money they contribute to the game. If they want to take a camera in and film the coach talking then go for it, as long as they don't show it until the game is underway then no issue.

The secrecy stuff is a complete fallacy anyway, everything any team is thinking or doing is on display for all to see when they play. The trick isn't knowing what they are trying to do, it's being able to stop them or to come up with a counter.
You make a valid case per usual. However, our club, as articulated by Balmy, and endorsed by at least one other in Lions, obviously don't agree. They must think it's intrusive and at risk for an AC to be roaming into our rooms post-match.

Therefore, despite respecting your 'inside' knowledge and experience, I defer to my club's position - knowing far more than myself at least about what they are protecting presumably.

Reactions: 1 user