Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Did Dimma have anything of interest to say in his presser?

Not a great amount, did defend Rutten well which was good.

Be nice if we could hear the questions being asked, the press conferences are a farce, microphones for the press? Nah, that would be way too professional for the amateurs at the AFL.

DS

Reactions: 7 users
when asked at the press conference about the Bombers and his history there

"I've got one sash running through my veins and that's the yellow..."

nice Dimma

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
He gets way too little credit for what he has achieved from the media and even at times from our own supporters. After all the gushing over Clarkson this week it is worthwhile comparing their records

Clarkson 4 premierships and a winning percentage of 59%
Hardwick 3 premierships and a winning percentage of 59%

Clarkson also started 4-5 years before Dimma

Reactions: 12 users
He gets way too little credit for what he has achieved from the media and even at times from our own supporters. After all the gushing over Clarkson this week it is worthwhile comparing their records

And Clarkson started with Mitchell Franklin Lewis Roughhead & Hodge.
Clarkson wasn't given a Richmond 2010 list either..
That's why I regard Hardwick our best ever coach from the heap of shiit we were in 2010 compared to Fitzroy he has turned us into a force.
3 flags in 4 years That's fken incredible.
What happened to the 2020 flag, the Media were saying the greatest ever premiership.
But as soon as Hardwick won it. Crickets.
Hardwick is a legend. He stays till he decides he wants out.

Reactions: 5 users

Yep, plus Clarkson did the bulk of his rebuild in uncompromised drafts. Hardwick didn’t have that luxury.

Never forget we finished 15th (second last) in 2010 which was the same year we were being compared to Fitzroy and our first pick was pick 6!

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, plus Clarkson did the bulk of his rebuild in uncompromised drafts. Hardwick didn’t have that luxury.

Never forget we finished 15th (second last) in 2010 which was the same year we were being compared to Fitzroy and our first pick was pick 6!
We were compared to Fitzroy but never did we ask for compo picks like nth are doing.

Reactions: 2 users
We were compared to Fitzroy but never did we ask for compo picks like nth are doing.
I believe Gales response to this was something along the lines of “we got ourselves into this, we’ll get ourselves out of it.”

There are a few clubs right now that should adopt this attitude and would be better for it.

Reactions: 10 users
I believe Gales response to this was something along the lines of “we got ourselves into this, we’ll get ourselves out of it.”

There are a few clubs right now that should adopt this attitude and would be better for it.
The club took some big risks, the biggest being Dimma. They determined to rebuild the list mostly through the draft and fill specific holes like Houli through trade/fa. To Dimma, They wanted a young coach to grow with a young list. That Dimma turned out to be what he is has been equally amazing and a glowing endorsement of the Benny and the club.

Reactions: 1 users
Come on guys,why the mine is bigger than yours stuff? In reality both have great coaching records.

Reactions: 1 users
Come on guys,why the mine is bigger than yours stuff? In reality both have great coaching records.
They do and that isn't the purpose of the comparison. It is not to downgrade Clarkson's record, which is stellar, only to make the point that Dimma isn't far behind and deserves enormous credit

Dimma took on a team at rock bottom in compromised drafts. He took 3 years to build a finals team and has taken us to finals in 8 of the 10 seasons since. Clarkson is called the master coach, Dimma is very close to joining him.

Reactions: 6 users

Agree, the love for Clarko as the messiah is ridiculous and could blow out if lolnorf fail in his 2nd year.

He might have Truck and Little Carcella begging for forgiveness for another chance.

Caracella yes, truck no.

No one would begrudge Rutten the opportunity to take a senior coaching role somewhere. There is room for him to rejoin the Tigers if we want him.

But Caracella showed his loyalty lay elsewhere. While I think he is a great assistant, our current crop of coaches is apparently doing a good job and there are other options coming through all the time.

Reactions: 1 user
Caracella yes, truck no.

No one would begrudge Rutten the opportunity to take a senior coaching role somewhere. There is room for him to rejoin the Tigers if we want him.

But Caracella showed his loyalty lay elsewhere. While I think he is a great assistant, our current crop of coaches is apparently doing a good job and there are other options coming through all the time.

Teague has taken Caracella's job. Think Blake may have to do a bit more than beg to get a sniff of that back.